Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Not strictly true

The song stems from the Maguire song England fans sing and have been doing since the Nations League finals in 2019. 

So actually, probably most clubs who visit the KP will have fans who were out in Portugal and know exactly the relevance of it 😂

The Maguire, England song doesn't refer to the size of Soyuncu's cock. 

Having had season tickets in the family stand for many years(kids were 12 and 8), I had to accept the songs with some fruity language that my kids were exposed to... Its part of football, and I accept that, and we were next to away fans that didn't always hold back.

Children singing about that is just bizarre, even if you're comfortable with them singing F off Maguire, in the 1st place. 

16 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

What's surprising is giventhe time away with covid restrictions, the heart hasn't grown fonder it seems? Fans aren't any less forgiving despite wanting to be back at the KP or away games desperately. Sad in a way I guess but has the break caused a further disconnection to it? Agree the football is not great and this season so far it feels like we are regressing. But we're still a medium sized club punching above our weight. I'm like many others, get frustrated but in the cold light of day as some have mentioned, be careful what you wish for ultimately. 

People can take losing and can quite happily forgive so long as they at least feel that there team has made a good fist of it commensurate with the talent of the players they have. Let's face it, our history shows plenty of defeats and we've quickly and regularly forgiven and turned up again the next week with hope and anticipation to support our team. 

I think the difference is that this time, it's not as some argue, from a sense of entitlement because in more recent history, we've tended to win more, it's more that they can see the calibre of our squad of players compared with that of many of the oppositions we play, regardless of prevailing injuries to Fofana and JJ and are left bemused by the absolute tripe and lack of ambition in our on field performances, regardless of result. Bar the very odd rare glimpse of promise, the ponderous dirge continues week after week. The names Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho, Barnes, Tielemans, Soumare, Maddison, Ndidi, Ricardo, Castagne don't exactly scream dullness, bland and uninspiring at you do they yet, the way they're being employed or micro-managed is resulting in them serving up exactly that. If you can't get a better tune out of that lot than what we're getting, then you have to question the abilities of a manager who, despite of his 'Let's all jump on board the media elite love in image' is proving to be far from that idyl. This has been going on for months now and people are tired of it and see straight through the Emporers new clothes.

We still have a talented squad of players that people want to cheer on but, those people are gradually getting to the point where they are not prepared to see such talented players wasted and are beginning to air their views. They have every right to do so as they do also to not perform like mindless performing seals at a match and cheer as if nothing is wrong.

• Like 2

Despite the nice 'bants' going on in here, I do believe the drumming helps to get things going, so keep it up Mr Drummer, top job 👍

At the Spartak game, I particularly enjoyed the slowed down version of 'We only love the boys in blue', which is my personal favourite from the current repertoire 💙  

Every opportunity for folk to join in, but sadly only a handful did 😕 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 09bballer said:

Predictions for the atmosphere tomorrow? Never been to Elland Road so not sure if the layout helps the singing?

Potential to be very good but reckon this one will end up dictated largely by performance - can see it quickly turning toxic.

I don't really go into any game with expectation of a good atmosphere anymore.

31 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Its an uncomfortable truth for some but you take the 40 or so UFS lads out of it today and it would have been dire.

Did the bottom tier sing?

I was in bottom tier, was alright, nothing special.

Leeds were loud at times but  they are positioned well near the away end. Strange though singing about winning a competition they've never actually won.

I enjoyed 30 years won fvck all.

edit: I said "nothing special" but I don't think it was terrible either.

Edited by Fox92

It was pockets again but majority just aren’t bothered. Tough to get anything constant going because of this. Over 90% of the people in that end today have been going long enough to know the words to pretty much every song so there isn’t any excuse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Its an uncomfortable truth for some but you take the 40 or so UFS lads out of it today and it would have been dire.

Did the bottom tier sing?

Excuse me ? I’m not in the ufs or any ultra group but I was in the upper tier closest  to the goal and the atmosphere was good around us and had nothing to do with the UFS. I’m sick of this UFS snobbery. They’re  on par with the true fox. They’re for me a massive part of the atmosphere being so wank. You put the other day you don’t like singing against the opposite fans ( a opinion clearly shared by the UFS royalty) but a lot of normal Leicester fans do. I thought the atmosphere 2nd half was much better when we and Leeds were singing against each other. I’m sorry but singing Leicester boys our we or boys in blue for 10 minutes at a time is boring. Even at home in sk1 it’s always the same, continuously boring chant with a shitty drum. Leeds have got the best home atmosphere in the prem and they don’t need a drum or silly flags or black t shirts with their logo on it. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Excuse me ? I’m not in the ufs or any ultra group but I was in the upper tier closest  to the goal and the atmosphere was good around us and had nothing to do with the UFS. I’m sick of this UFS snobbery. They’re  on par with the true fox. They’re for me a massive part of the atmosphere being so wank. You put the other day you don’t like singing against the opposite fans ( a opinion clearly shared by the UFS royalty) but a lot of normal Leicester fans do. I thought the atmosphere 2nd half was much better when we and Leeds were singing against each other. I’m sorry but singing Leicester boys our we or boys in blue for 10 minutes at a time is boring. Even at home in sk1 it’s always the same, continuously boring chant with a shitty drum. Leeds have got the best home atmosphere in the prem and they don’t need a drum or silly flags or black t shirts with their logo on it. 

That Leicester boys our we is an horrendous song. Sounds ****ing miserable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1