Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

42 minutes ago, ren said:

This. Vichai had a dream got belted out for about 5 seconds before the clappers started drowning it out. Absolutely awful, forgive me if this has come up but has anyone in contact with the club like UFS challenged the club about clappers?

It genuinely makes me and some of my mates not want to go.

On the clappers point. The club and forgive me Im not sure if it was at an FCC meeting or another but they said they would be making them collection only and not in every seat.

• Like 1

Didn't think it was that bad last night in fairness. However, it's only natural I suppose that people react to what they're actually watching in front of them and, what they have actually been watching for several months now is a ponderous dirge. It's one thing to try and lift your team and give them confidence but, if they've been seemingly conditioned to engage in a robotic side to side and backwards routine then don't be surprised when some supporters get hypnotised into submission 😅

Absolutely shit, as usual. L1 gave it a go with the Ndidi chant and I could hear some SK1 but the most consistent noise was from about 12 Spartak fans. 

We can blame the football all we like, but we're in Europe and people can't be arsed. I honestly don't know why half of them bother turning up.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Not sure i'll even bother with any home game next season to be honest, it has actually come to that for me. 

I just don't see any common ground with the vast majority of supporters in that ground and that makes the whole thing really unenjoyable. 

Agree with this. 

The atmosphere was always the best part of going to Leicester matches for me, and made the journey worthwhile on most occasions. 

It seems really weird that people would take the trouble to pay loads of money, to sit in a freezing cold stand and miss loads of the game to queue up for beers. 

Although it has and is frustrating atm, the blokes behind me seemed to take great delight at moaning and being proved right when Leicester were all over the shop in the 1st half v Arsenal. 

At no time did they join in any songs that started up to try and get the lads going. 

I just don't get many of our fans, after what we've witnessed over the last decade, but that's not saying I'm happy with some of the football atm, but I'll back the team for 90, then give an opinion after. 

• Like 1

People really need to realise making chants and noise is not gimmicky or just for people with too much time on their hands. Its about supporting the damn club and the players. I guarantee you lot that if we had even the same amount of noise when we got promoted we would have made champions league in the last two years. FAN SUPPORT HELPS! We're thr 12 man. We need a dedicated section behind the goals to chanting. Our atmosphere was decent against Brighton but that's how it should be at minimum. If we really love this club we've ought to do our part. Let's stop being lazy and do something. At least support safe standing and pressure the club to do something about our dire atmosphere by moving the chanting fans behind a goal. can give lots of foreign examples if needed. We won't be in European football forever. Come on lads. 

Edited by NasPb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Absolutely shit, as per usual. L1 gave it a go with the Ndidi chant and I could hear some SK1 but the most consistent noise was from about 12 Spartak fans. 

We can blame the football all we like, but we're in Europe and people can't be arsed. I honestly don't know why half of them bother turning up.

Because some people go to the football to actually WATCH the football, not be part of some choir?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Raj said:

To be fair L1 tried.

They belted out Ndid song for a good 15 mins in the second half and bits and Bob's.

Maybe the lack of away fans and how they are affects the general mood?

I'm probably  clutching  at straws.

Definitely does. I said it pre Manchester United game because I knew they'd fill it and be loud, which does influence our support imo. People seem to be up for the bigger clubs.

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

I had a group of older women sat behind me and spent the entire game talking about general life and who's been ill and who's been up to what etc etc. Talked about everything other than football. Genuinely no idea why people pay money to watch football when they clearly have zero interest in football. Really bizarre and the atmosphere again was crap last night. I'm not one to call people out for not chanting/singing etc but I draw the line at people just having general chit chat in the middle of a game. 

Have you considered writing to the club to complain?

Older Women catching up were possibly there when we were shiit and like it or not they have as much right to chat about the price of marg as the group of 'younger male' chavs behind me have for calling Harvey a cuunt throughout every game he plays.

People need to reel there necks in and stop passing judgment. At gigs i was first in the mosh pit, at footie pen 1 or 2 giving it large and getting lary, time catches up with you.

The club pay respect, rightly so on remembrance to many inc LCFC fans. Those remembered were young once and sadly never old but would be getting a slagging of by many if alive now for not joining in with the newbies to ' You'll getting your fuucking heads kicked in....'  +  'we are the Forest haters'

2 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Because I want to watch it in the stadium. I can't stand this notion that people who go to games but don't sing constantly are somehow not proper fans

That's not what people are saying though. The problem is that our support is found wanting when the team really need us to give them some backing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Literally not seen anyone ever say that on here.

I've just been told to stay at home if I don't want to sing at games. That definitely feels like I'm being told I'm not a proper fan.

I've never booed the team off the pitch after a loss (no matter how bad things have gotten over the years), I've never left a game early to beat traffic.

Some people like to sing to get behind the team and that's great, some people like to just watch the games and take it all in, and that's also fine.

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Have you considered writing to the club to complain?

Older Women catching up were possibly there when we were shiit and like it or not they have as much right to chat about the price of marg as the group of 'younger male' chavs behind me have for calling Harvey a cuunt throughout every game he plays.

People need to reel there necks in and stop passing judgment. At gigs i was first in the mosh pit, at footie pen 1 or 2 giving it large and getting lary, time catches up with you.

The club pay respect, rightly so on remembrance to many inc LCFC fans. Those remembered were young once and sadly never old but would be getting a slagging of by many if alive now for not joining in with the newbies to ' You'll getting your fuucking heads kicked in....'  +  'we are the Forest haters'

Wow. That is quite the leap you've made there. lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Because I want to watch it in the stadium. I can't stand this notion that people who go to games but don't sing constantly are somehow not proper fans

Not questioning anyone’s loyalty as a fan, if people just want to go watch the game surely it’s better doing it at home in your own comfort, you get commentary and replays. If people don’t want to contribute or be part of a positive atmosphere I really see no point going to the game. Unless that’s the only place you see your mates. Or maybe people like going so they can share their negative opinions at the game 

32 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

The fact it is the most successful era in our history makes our passionless fan base even more depressing to be amongst!

Fair point, but do what YOU need to do.

You cant change what others do and in most cases we wont.

Keep plugging away.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ren said:

Don't think he's referring to on the pitch performances tbf. Bar SK1 and L1 it is pathetic, just clapper slappers drowning out any atmosphere applauding when the ball goes out for a goal kick or something. Proper fall from what it was like when we first got promoted used to be bouncing.

Action is needed either get rid of the clappers or a reallocation of the fans who actually want to back the team an stand behind one of the goals.

Fair point