Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Our fanbase is currently one of the most entitled out there. You only have to listen to some of the posts on here.

What is "entitled"? I constantly see this but don't get it.

How is it being entitled expectating to beat Sparktak Moscow at home? Or do you mean entitled as in people turn up not singing?

I know expecation changes but it's justified given how much people bang on about how good the manager is, the squad is, the owners are... we've got a new training ground, a fairly newer ground still. It's not as if we're a club like Burnley just overachieving.

I don't understand what people want. On one hand people moan Sky don't give us credit and on the other hand people say we're not good enough for the top 6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Can only comment on what i read.

There was pages on here suggesting irrelevant older people are moved out of seats they have has since the stadium built as they offer nothing to the atmosphere and set up a singing area

Come off it. Equating a few complaints about older Leicester fans to disrespect for the nation's war dead is possibly the most ridiculous comparison I've ever seen somebody make.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Not questioning anyone’s loyalty as a fan, if people just want to go watch the game surely it’s better doing it at home in your own comfort, you get commentary and replays. If people don’t want to contribute or be part of a positive atmosphere I really see no point going to the game. Unless that’s the only place you see your mates. Or maybe people like going so they can share their negative opinions at the game 

So you’d like about 200 people at every game? What’s hard to understand about people wanting to watch a game of football live without having to sing all the time? 

• Like 1

Counterpoint: I have been to many games where the atmosphere was poor, but yesterday was alright - there was lots of singing, and we did a pretty good job - L and M blocks were great, there was a group of kids setting up their own chants from the family stand, the Kop was pretty boisterous too - on numerous occasions different blocks had competing chants going. It was also great to see Big Dan grinning as the fans belted out 'Ooh Daniel Amartey!' (he was stood right by me whan that happened.)

I don't expect everyone to sing by any means, and different blocks are going to be more or less quiet. Our songs aren't sustained for that long either. But really, if that wasn't decent enough for you last night, especially bearing in mind our fortunes on the pitch, I don't know what you want.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I've just been told to stay at home if I don't want to sing at games. That definitely feels like I'm being told I'm not a proper fan.

I've never booed the team off the pitch after a loss (no matter how bad things have gotten over the years), I've never left a game early to beat traffic.

Some people like to sing to get behind the team and that's great, some people like to just watch the games and take it all in, and that's also fine.

No one is saying you're not a proper fan but it is irritating when people come to games and contribute nothing towards towards the atmosphere (or in the case of many of our fans, diminish it by mindlessly whacking a clapper for 90 minutes).

By "take it all in", I'm guessing part of that is the atmosphere? Football would be very dreary if stadiums were made up entirely of "take it all in"-ers.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

Puel like performance with a Puel like backing. 

It was unbelievably flat for an important fixture but it's the same old problems really, caused by the same old attitudes and hindrances that are out of the control of those that want to vocally back the side and make a difference.

I don't disagree at all. It's made even more frustrating in that there are ways to improve it and the club know this. They have the cards with it and without their help we are in this ruck which that new stand will make it even worse.

2 minutes ago, Viva said:

So you’d like about 200 people at every game? What’s hard to understand about people wanting to watch a game of football live without having to sing all the time? 

I’m just talking from my own perspective. If I only wanted to go to games just to watch football I wouldn’t go. Being part of a quality atmosphere at a game is on the top of my priorities. Obviously that’s different to others 

The woman sitting with her young son (and his grandad) in row C, block B behind me have COMPLETELY ruined the 2 EL games so far.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE JUST SHUT THE FU*K UP with your inane CONSTANT comments and utterly ridiculous statements thro the WHOLE 90+ minutes. You literally never stop for even 5 seconds, you are sitting with the old fella in between you but you and your son are shouting your CONSTANT awful conversations, comments and odious commentary at and with each other. WHY??? :mad:

JUST SHUUUUTTTT UUUUUPPPP FFS! :@

You are lucky nobody has exploded at you because those of us in row B and A (Probably D too) are utterly sick to death of you now. 6 of us in row B and 4 in row A

There are us, who are trying to enjoy the game and get behind the boys but you and your son are seriously getting on our fuc*ing nerves and your obnoxious, odious awful self will be told so if you don't STFU next game because I'm sick of biting my tongue and longing for the full time whistle you completely inconsiderate, up yourself @%$£s*!

Rant over! 

Aaaaand breathe.

There, I feel better now.

Against Utd we had an unbelievably shit ref that let Utd players get away with everything. 

This, in turn, sent the Leicester fans into a 'we always get shit refs' mentality and they were screaming for everything, and got behind Leicester. 

The club just needs to make a request to the Premier league, that they just send the shittiest ref available to our home games👍

• Like 3

Just now, ElusiveEd said:

The woman sitting with her young son (and his grandad) in row C, block B behind me have COMPLETELY ruined the 2 EL games so far.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE JUST SHUT THE FU*K UP with your inane CONSTANT comments and utterly ridiculous statements thro the WHOLE 90+ minutes. You literally never stop for even 5 seconds, you are sitting with the old fella in between you but you and your son are shouting your CONSTANT awful conversations, comments and odious commentary at and with each other. WHY??? :mad:

You are lucky nobody has exploded at you because those of us in row B and A (Probably D too) are utterly sick to death of you now. 6 of us in row B and 4 in row A

There are us, who are trying to enjoy the game and get behind the boys but you and your son are seriously getting on our fuc*ing nerves and your obnoxious, odious awful self will be told so if you don't STFU next game because I'm sick of biting my tongue and longing for the full time whistle you completely inconsiderate, up yourself @%$£s*!

Rant over! 

Aaaaand breathe.

Not defending them but ironically your post and their ranting seem awfully similar to me. It could be their weekly diffuse from the stressors of life. How about politely chatting to them about it and asking them to stop? 

Just now, Hollyfox said:

Against Utd we had an unbelievably shit ref that let Utd players get away with everything. 

This, in turn, sent the Leicester fans into a 'we always get shit refs' mentality and they were screaming for everything, and got behind Leicester. 

The club just needs to make a request to the Premier league, that they just send the shittiest ref available to our home games👍

There is something to be said for that, as bizarre as it. Angry Leicester atmospheres are always better. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Rant over! 

Aaaaand breathe.

Have you and the others tried singing? 

You might drown them out a bit😄

Seriously though, I know what you mean. 

People talking rubbish or taking delight at Leicester being poor, so they can be proved right, get on my nerves. 

10 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Same thing happened against Burnley with the non-stop time wasting. Lots of angry support. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

No one is saying you're not a proper fan but it is irritating when people come to games and contribute nothing towards towards the atmosphere (or in the case of many of our fans, diminish it by mindlessly whacking a clapper for 90 minutes).

By "take it all in", I'm guessing part of that is the atmosphere? Football would be very dreary if stadiums were made up entirely of "take it all in"-ers.

Irritating? Bloody hell. We aren't all wired up the same way. You can't expect every single person out of the 30,000 Leicester fans in attendance to act the same way. I will admit the mindless whacking of the clappers is tedious at times and has ran its course in my opinion but I am sure there are people who love them still.

We have areas in the ground that are commonly known to be louder than others. Those who sit or stand in those areas tend to locate themselves there to join in with chants. We have areas that are traditionally quieter. So when an atmosphere is dead maybe we should be judging the "louder" areas for not being loud enough, rather than slagging those off who never chant at all.

Atmospheres at matches tend to be a by-product of what you see on the pitch, like it or not. We are in a weird position at the minute where we seem to be lacking any grit or fight on the pitch, which is felt in the crowd.

On and off the pitch we can be better but lets not single people in the crowd for acting in a way that doesnt suit your views on what a football supporter should be.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
37 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What is "entitled"? I constantly see this but don't get it.

How is it being entitled expectating to beat Sparktak Moscow at home? Or do you mean entitled as in people turn up not singing?

I know expecation changes but it's justified given how much people bang on about how good the manager is, the squad is, the owners are... we've got a new training ground, a fairly newer ground still. It's not as if we're a club like Burnley just overachieving.

I don't understand what people want. On one hand people moan Sky don't give us credit and on the other hand people say we're not good enough for the top 6.

People not turning up and singing. I'm fine with criticism at the team - it's not good enough currently but I do think we've been quick to moan this year in the stands - it's a product of over achieving and thinking that will just continue to happen.

It is pretty simple. Those who want to create an atmosphere should have the opportunity to sit in a large section. For example, the Kop could become a singing section and likeminded fans should congregrate there. Those who do not want to sing or create an atmosphere should be able to watch the match too and can sit anywhere else in the ground.

No one needs to be left out. No one needs to be forced to sing or not. Yes, people would have to move seats but so be it (sure there will be plenty of stubborn people). It allows everyone to get what they want.

Unfortunately, the fanscene in England is not what it is in a lot of Europe and having a whole ground up on their feet singing/chanting is an unrealistic dream at this point.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Rant over! 

Aaaaand breathe.

This is superb.

7 of us in Row E at our wit’s end with it too.

Edited by Trumpet
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Not sure i'll even bother with any home game next season to be honest, it has actually come to that for me. 

I just don't see any common ground with the vast majority of supporters in that ground and that makes the whole thing really unenjoyable. 

Each to their own and that but do be realistic before you do something you regret. This is a period of unparalleled success for the club. In 5-10 years time we’ll be leaving the KP after losing 1-0 to Preston on a freezing cold weds night with 22k in saying ‘yeh well they are the favourites in the championship’ ‘we gave it out best’ ‘Preston are a top team you know’ I will be glad at that point I did as many home games at a sellout KP as possible during this period! 

away games will always be fun no matter what the division, team or result 

Edited by grobyfox1990

8 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Irritating? Bloody hell. We aren't all wired up the same way. You can't expect every single person out of the 30,000 Leicester fans in attendance to act the same way. I will admit the mindless whacking of the clappers is tedious at times and has ran its course in my opinion but I am sure there are people who love them still.

We have areas in the ground that are commonly known to be louder than others. Those who sit or stand in those areas tend to locate themselves there to join in with chants. We have areas that are traditionally quieter. So when an atmosphere is dead maybe we should be judging the "louder" areas for not being loud enough, rather than slagging those off who never chant at all.

Atmospheres at matches tend to be a by-product of what you see on the pitch, like it or not. We are in a weird position at the minute where we seem to be lacking any grit or fight on the pitch, which is felt in the crowd.

On and off the pitch we can be better but lets not single people in the crowd for acting in a way that doesnt suit your views on what a football supporter should be.

I'm not sure anyone should be in a position to judge people making an effort unless they're actually making an effort themselves?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KFS said:

Not defending them but ironically your post and their ranting seem awfully similar to me. It could be their weekly diffuse from the stressors of life. How about politely chatting to them about it and asking them to stop? 

I hear ya but believe me this woman (And her pre teen son) comes across as someone who is so full of her self importance and that her presence in the ground should be something thats applauded.

A quiet word would just be brushed away as she acts and speaks like she is above everybody else.

They adore their own voices and speak (read shout) at each other with no thought for those around them with inane comments like they are the fountain of all football knowledge and footballing skills and tactics when, in reality, they are just saying the first thing that comes into their heads. AND IT"S CONSTANT!

God forbid anyone who asks them to stand so they can pass to go to the toilet during the game, wether that's in their row or in my row in front. The vitriol and hatred that comes out of her mouth (to herself) for anyone who dares to ask is seriously sh*t. Who the hell she thinks she is is beyond me!

I've just bought a ticket to sit elsewhere (SK1) for the Warsaw game, I really just cannot put myself thro it again or I will be facing a ban.

I now have a spare ticket if anyone wants to put themselves thro 90+ mins of off pitch hell.

Edited by ElusiveEd