Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

People not turning up and singing. I'm fine with criticism at the team - it's not good enough currently but I do think we've been quick to moan this year in the stands - it's a product of over achieving and thinking that will just continue to happen.

I do think people seem to be quicker to be negative now than they would be positive.

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I'm not sure anyone should be in a position to judge people making an effort unless they're actually making an effort themselves?

Agree entirely however those who are doing the "judging" tend to be from those who are making attempts to create an atmosphere and criticising those who choose not to sing / chant. Rather than ciriticsing those who choose to watch a game differently, why not look into way to improve the louder areas of the ground? Union FS are trying to do so. Having singing sections for Cup games is a great idea. Hopefully safe standing too in the future. We all know the areas in the ground where fans stand and sing.

I personally love joining in and helping create some noise however I don't like the constant judgement of what constitutes a good supporter.

25 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Irritating? Bloody hell. We aren't all wired up the same way. You can't expect every single person out of the 30,000 Leicester fans in attendance to act the same way. I will admit the mindless whacking of the clappers is tedious at times and has ran its course in my opinion but I am sure there are people who love them still.

We have areas in the ground that are commonly known to be louder than others. Those who sit or stand in those areas tend to locate themselves there to join in with chants. We have areas that are traditionally quieter. So when an atmosphere is dead maybe we should be judging the "louder" areas for not being loud enough, rather than slagging those off who never chant at all.

Atmospheres at matches tend to be a by-product of what you see on the pitch, like it or not. We are in a weird position at the minute where we seem to be lacking any grit or fight on the pitch, which is felt in the crowd.

On and off the pitch we can be better but lets not single people in the crowd for acting in a way that doesnt suit your views on what a football supporter should be.

One of the worst takes I've ever seen.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

I hear ya but believe me this woman (And her pre teen son) comes across as someone who is so full of her self importance and that her presence in the ground should be something thats applauded.

A quiet word would just be brushed away as she acts and speaks like she is above everybody else.

They adore their own voices and speak (read shout) at each other with no thought for those around them with inane comments like they are the fountain of all football knowledge and footballing skills and tactics when, in reality, they are just saying the first thing that comes into their heads. AND IT"S CONSTANT!

God forbid anyone who asks them to stand so they can pass to go to the toilet during the game, wether that's in their row or in my row in front. The vitriol and hatred that comes out of her mouth (to herself) for anyone who dares to ask is seriously sh*t. Who the hell she thinks she is is beyond me!

I've just bought a ticket to sit elsewhere (SK1) for the Warsaw game, I really just cannot put myself thro it again or I will be facing a ban.

I now have a spare ticket if anyone wants to put themselves the 90+ mins of off pitch hell.

Fair enough lol 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Not questioning anyone’s loyalty as a fan, if people just want to go watch the game surely it’s better doing it at home in your own comfort, you get commentary and replays. If people don’t want to contribute or be part of a positive atmosphere I really see no point going to the game. Unless that’s the only place you see your mates. Or maybe people like going so they can share their negative opinions at the game 

Oh ok, we'll leave it to you proper supporters then  ... are you 12 by any chance?

Some people don't like singing in a pseudo choir about Soyuncu's nob (though I do like that one personally tbh 😂). Some probably used to sing years ago but don't now they've got older. Football is for all different sorts of supporters who find their particular affinity with Leicester City in different ways.

No one group is better than another. I don't sing personally but clap and cheer in appropriate places, usually as a reaction to something I've seen. Sometimes I even have a terets moment in an inappropriate moment also when I get carried away. The guy next to me does the same and occasionally explodes hilariously and many around him jump about three foot in the air but we're used to it, it makes us laugh and that's just his way and I wouldn't want to change him, it's a brilliant part of it for me, like a firework suddenly going off. The idea of singing songs making some people better supporters is utter utter nonsense.

The world isn't a happy clappy place and nor are football grounds, they reflect the moods and feelings of different people in different ways who experience different lives, good or bad out of football, it's part of the beauty of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Agreed I was in sk1 and the people and the back were in great voice. I was sat further towards the front of sk1 and had not one single person other than me and my nephew trying to join in with the chants. Just a group of older women chatting general chit chat for the whole game. Absolutely did my head in 

😂

9 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

One of the worst takes I've ever seen.

Clarified below.

And if we are talking about "worst takes" you literally get irritated by those who choose to watch football matches different to yourself.

14 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Agree entirely however those who are doing the "judging" tend to be from those who are making attempts to create an atmosphere and criticising those who choose not to sing / chant. Rather than ciriticsing those who choose to watch a game differently, why not look into way to improve the louder areas of the ground? Union FS are trying to do so. Having singing sections for Cup games is a great idea. Hopefully safe standing too in the future. We all know the areas in the ground where fans stand and sing.

I personally love joining in and helping create some noise however I don't like the constant judgement of what constitutes a good supporter.

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

The fact it is the most successful era in our history makes our passionless fan base even more depressing to be amongst!

That's definitely a really bleak side to this. I feel like nearly any other fanbase would be excellent in this position (regardless of the slating I've given the team for a lot of this season on here) but ours for the most part are pretty dire.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Oh ok, we'll leave it to you proper supporters then  ... are you 12 by any chance?

Some people don't like singing in a pseudo choir about Soyuncu's nob (though I do like that one personally tbh 😂). Some probably used to sing years ago but don't now they've got older. Football is for all different sorts of supporters who find their particular affinity with Leicester City in different ways.

No one group is better than another. I don't sing personally but clap and cheer in appropriate places, usually as a reaction to something I've seen. Sometimes I even have a terets moment in an inappropriate moment also when I get carried away. The guy next to me does the same and occasionally explodes hilariously and many around him jump about three foot in the air but we're used to it, it makes us laugh and that's just his way and I wouldn't want to change him, it's a brilliant part of it for me, like a firework suddenly going off. The idea of singing songs making some people better supporters is utter utter nonsense.

The world isn't a happy clappy place and nor are football grounds, they reflect the moods and feelings of different people in different ways who experience different lives, good or bad out of football, it's part of the beauty of it.

Again not questioning anyone as a fan, being at a game where the atmosphere is  dead just makes the experience of going to a game dead. I just wish we had a set of fans that want to create a good atmosphere , sadly we don’t. That’s the reality we just have to live with. With some of the responses I’ve learnt others are just not interested in the atmosphere of the ground but that’s up to them. Was at the Benfica vs Bayern game the other week in the champions league. And just looking at the atmosphere there was just something else, I know that’s a massive game for them, but even if we could create 10percent of that atmosphere it would be decent. Maybe sitting in dead silence at a football game just doesn’t seem to bother some  people. That’s sadly the way it is. Ideally I wish people would sing and get behind the team and have a ground that’s bouncing like we used to when we just got promoted. 

• Like 1

Worst atmosphere in years last night. 

In SK1 about 20 people sing continuously. I am literally right next to the UFS lads to their left and tried all game but people just can't be arsed. 

They all stand and do **** all. So standing actually isn't the answer. 

8 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Again not questioning anyone as a fan, being at a game where the atmosphere is  dead just makes the experience of going to a game dead. I just wish we had a set of fans that want to create a good atmosphere , sadly we don’t. That’s the reality we just have to live with. With some of the responses I’ve learnt others are just not interested in the atmosphere of the ground but that’s up to them. Was at the Benfica vs Bayern game the other week in the champions league. And just looking at the atmosphere there was just something else, I know that’s a massive game for them, but even if we could create 10percent of that atmosphere it would be decent. Maybe sitting in dead silence at a football game just doesn’t seem to bother some  people. That’s sadly the way it is. Ideally I wish people would sing and get behind the team and have a ground that’s bouncing like we used to when we just got promoted. 

True, I feel in Europe it’s a different kettle of fish to the UK though. It’s a middle class game here, a badge of honour ‘I support a premier league team and have a sky subscription’ and built around being family friendly, commercially astute and visually appealing to the whims of the media. That all equates to a soulless atmosphere. If we’re relegated the atmosphere will notch up

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

it was so weird seeing us push for a winner in stoppage time and seeing people stream out of the exits - knowing we were about to take a corner. I just don't get that attitude in the slightest, why would you want to miss that even if you're not interested in contributing vocally? Must be demoralising for the players to see there's so little faith in them at the times when they really need us to give them a gee up (or rocket up the arse) with some noise.

There's a spare (non-ST) seat always free next to us and I get this most games. Last night the board went up with 5 mins on it and the guy just upped and left. Hadn't said a word all game and clearly felt he'd seen his 90 mins for the season and didn't need to see any more. But I think as well we don't have the grandstand finishes anymore. I can't think of too many times where we've loaded it into the box, kept everyone forward and been rewarded with someone stabbing it in after a mad scramble. We really do struggle with urgency and knowing how to turn a screw in the game. 75% possession doesn't mean that we used the ball well and if you're getting it in the box throwing bodies at the ball, that turns upthe volume without the need for 20 passes around the Subbuteo shooting line first. People love a backheel or a no-looky pass but nothing gets bums off seats more than nipping in front of the CB and planting a bullet header past the keeper with 30 seconds left.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

True, I feel in Europe it’s a different kettle of fish to the UK though. It’s a middle class game here, a badge of honour ‘I support a premier league team and have a sky subscription’ and built around being family friendly, commercially astute and visually appealing to the whims of the media. That all equates to a soulless atmosphere. If we’re relegated the atmosphere will notch up

I dunno, I remember some atrocious home and away atmospheres between promotion from League One and promotion to the Premier League. The only difference is it's easier to group likeminded fans together when there are 10,000 empty seats.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

In SK1 about 20 people sing continuously. I am literally right next to the UFS lads to their left and tried all game but people just can't be arsed. 

This is the old thing about the kop end not actually being all koppites though. A good portion of the crowd there were actually in the Double Decker back in the day, never were up for singing and just stuck with that end of the ground when we moved. Old arguments, repeated many times but the acoustics and two separate singing areas don't help but we've said this ad infinitum.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Standing would help a bunch simply because it would force a stadium reconfiguration. 

At the Brighton game there were groups and groups of young lads with their mates in M1 giving it a right good go. A standing area combined with 7500 more STs available will give them a great chance of moving into a like-minded area and then we're onto something.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Yeah. The audacity of some

people to pay a fortune to go out with their friends and then expect to actually talk to them, too?! Shocking. They should be booked onto the next course at the institute of foul language, forthwith. 

So you think it's OK during a football match to just chat away about things not related to football? Before after and at half time fine, but why on earth would you pay money to watch a game and not actually watch it cos you're chatting away to your friends. Am I missing something? It's like going to the cinema and just having a chat while the film is on. Why?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, l444ry said:

I think perception of atmoshere depends on where you are in the stadium. My seat was very central in the West Stand and thought the noise was decent all around the ground. 

I was just about to post exactly this. The only time I heard the Moscow 200 was when the groans died down after Moses scored. 

• Like 1

I was in SK1 last night (usual seat in SK3) and there was constant noise and backing to the team coming from that area. The people around me are far more animated than the usual lot I have.

Personally it was a much better atmosphere than normal.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

The ground wasn't rocking when we were doing well and playing really well under Rodgers in his first year.

A lot of people can't be bothered to create an atmosphere regardless of the football on show.

Then how do we explain a great atmosphere when we were om the brink of collapse 14/15? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

So you think it's OK during a football match to just chat away about things not related to football? Before after and at half time fine, but why on earth would you pay money to watch a game and not actually watch it cos you're chatting away to your friends. Am I missing something? It's like going to the cinema and just having a chat while the film is on. Why?

Honestly? Yes! People take their entertainment in many ways.  But I get your irritation 😂 Take toffees with you next time and offer them one? 🤷

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Then how do we explain a great atmosphere when we were om the brink of collapse 14/15? 

The clappers were new and got people involved more than they had been before. Possibly the underdog, nothing to lose mentality which suits us much better too.

But that also proves that the quality of football argument for people not creating an atmosphere is redundant.