Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

3 hours ago, Mrfox452 said:

Again not questioning anyone as a fan, being at a game where the atmosphere is  dead just makes the experience of going to a game dead. I just wish we had a set of fans that want to create a good atmosphere , sadly we don’t. That’s the reality we just have to live with. With some of the responses I’ve learnt others are just not interested in the atmosphere of the ground but that’s up to them. Was at the Benfica vs Bayern game the other week in the champions league. And just looking at the atmosphere there was just something else, I know that’s a massive game for them, but even if we could create 10percent of that atmosphere it would be decent. Maybe sitting in dead silence at a football game just doesn’t seem to bother some  people. That’s sadly the way it is. Ideally I wish people would sing and get behind the team and have a ground that’s bouncing like we used to when we just got promoted. 

I think it goes in cycles to be honest and I think we've all been there in the past when it's been quite electric, hence that time we were supposedly measured by earthquake equipment 🤣.

However, as well as a business and a sport, it's also supposedly a form of entertainment and if like anything other form, the standard of entertainment is repetitively poor, the reaction to it will also become more subdued.

Whilst I do get the ideals of the 12th man analogy, the 12th man can get quite ambivalent towards their team at times depending on prevailing circumstances over a sustained period of time. Quite a number of our points after Christmas last year were not earned through good 'on the pitch' performances but more through individual moments by individual players like Iheanacho for example. Sometimes a result papers over the cracks of a dull and uninspiring performance. It's been very Puelesque at times with Rodgers only being rescued because he has some very talented individuals that some of the other managers didn't and therefore has a handy get out of jail card combined with a friendly media willing to turn a blind eye.

It's always the team inspires the crowd v the crowd inspires the team on things like this.

Like most things something has to meet in the middle.

But when we know what we're going to get before even turning up to the ground, excitment, enjoyment and enthusiasm is low at the moment, righly or wrongly, entitled or not, we need to see something different.

I've seen a few things about poor atmosphere recently but last night was the worst in a long time for me, you could have heard a pin drop.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's always the team inspires the crowd v the crowd inspires the team on things like this.

Like most things something has to meet in the middle.

But when we know what we're going to get before even turning up to the ground, excitment, enjoyment and enthusiasm is low at the moment, righly or wrongly, entitled or not, we need to see something different.

I'd have more time for this argument if it wasn't less than three weeks since we'd beaten Man United 4-2 and Spartak 4-3...

Edited by Voll Blau

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I'd have more time for this argument if it wasn't less than two weeks since we'd beaten Man United 4-2...

One swallow doesn't make a summer. You shouldn't be expected to be eternally grateful for one decent meal when for most of the time you're being fed meagre rations 🤣

Yes we were good that day but United were really poor weren't they. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I'd have more time for this argument if it wasn't less than two weeks since we'd beaten Man United 4-2...

Granted but does one summer make a swallow? It's a glimmer of something and it could be quite rightly argued we should try and encourage that - which i'm sure we all do, that is what we want to see, but then you have to remember we've been generally terrible and stinking the place out for give or take 10 - 11 months, approaching nearly a whole calendar year given we did our yearly feet up, throw our good work away thing come turn of the year, of which has followed into this season.

(I realise we weren't in the stadiums until May this year but it doesn't get away from the fact we've been poor for a significant amount of time)

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

Then how do we explain a great atmosphere when we were om the brink of collapse 14/15? 

We had chants that that everyone seemed to join in with. "We love yer" being one example, all the kids were swing scarfs around to it, everyone was joining in etc, now we're sing about not wanting maguire and soyuncu having a massive cock ffs. What happened to we're the right side? that always got people going.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Have you considered writing to the club to complain?

Older Women catching up were possibly there when we were shiit and like it or not they have as much right to chat about the price of marg as the group of 'younger male' chavs behind me have for calling Harvey a cuunt throughout every game he plays.

People need to reel there necks in and stop passing judgment. At gigs i was first in the mosh pit, at footie pen 1 or 2 giving it large and getting lary, time catches up with you.

The club pay respect, rightly so on remembrance to many inc LCFC fans. Those remembered were young once and sadly never old but would be getting a slagging of by many if alive now for not joining in with the newbies to ' You'll getting your fuucking heads kicked in....'  +  'we are the Forest haters'

I get what you're saying but I just do not understand why people who clearly have very little interest in football are buying tickets. There are 1000s and 1000s of fans wanting to go to games and can't alot of the time because there are no tickets available. Of course people can do what they want when they pay for their ticket so long as you're not being racist, homophobic etc or starting fights but I just don't know why you would pay £30-40 for a match ticket to just chat to your friends. You could just go to Costa or Starbucks and do that and it will cost you a fiver. You wouldn't buy tickets to a play or the cinema and just talk to your mates all the way through. It doesn't affect me in the slightest I just find it odd. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

We had chants that that everyone seemed to join in with. "We love yer" being one example, all the kids were swing scarfs around to it, everyone was joining in etc, now we're sing about not wanting maguire and soyuncu having a massive cock ffs. What happened to we're the right side? that always got people going.

True, but most pf our current chants aren't too vulgar tbh. We do need some vetter and new ones for the squad.  But better to participate then not do anything. A hand clap or a Come on leicester when things are down could just be that extra boost to win tight matches. Football is psychological as well. 

What's surprising is giventhe time away with covid restrictions, the heart hasn't grown fonder it seems? Fans aren't any less forgiving despite wanting to be back at the KP or away games desperately. Sad in a way I guess but has the break caused a further disconnection to it? Agree the football is not great and this season so far it feels like we are regressing. But we're still a medium sized club punching above our weight. I'm like many others, get frustrated but in the cold light of day as some have mentioned, be careful what you wish for ultimately. 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer. You shouldn't be expected to be eternally grateful for one decent meal when for most of the time you're being fed meagre rations 🤣

Yes we were good that day but United were really poor weren't they. 

We were good that day. End of sentence. We made Manchester United look poor.

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

I get what you're saying but I just do not understand why people who clearly have very little interest in football are buying tickets. There are 1000s and 1000s of fans wanting to go to games and can't alot of the time because there are no tickets available. Of course people can do what they want when they pay for their ticket so long as you're not being racist, homophobic etc or starting fights but I just don't know why you would pay £30-40 for a match ticket to just chat to your friends. You could just go to Costa or Starbucks and do that and it will cost you a fiver. You wouldn't buy tickets to a play or the cinema and just talk to your mates all the way through. It doesn't affect me in the slightest I just find it odd. 

The lady on the row in front of me spent literally the whole of the first half staring at and answering her whatsapps. No idea why she was there or could afford to be!!!

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

The Harry/Soyuncu really is a bizarre song and, if you were a visitor to the KP, would find it a bit disturbing if you heard kids in the family stand, singing it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iancognito said:

This is the old thing about the kop end not actually being all koppites though. A good portion of the crowd there were actually in the Double Decker back in the day, never were up for singing and just stuck with that end of the ground when we moved. Old arguments, repeated many times but the acoustics and two separate singing areas don't help but we've said this ad infinitum.

Yes, it's pretty obvious really isn't it? If you put UFS in the middle of Pen 2 at Filbert Street, then you'd get a few hundred like-minded folk joining in. 

Only the club can fix this, as has been said many times over.

Not everyone at Filbert Street joined in the singing, of course. Some fans don't always sing, but they will still react to what's going on in the stadium and this adds to the atmosphere.

More people are likely to join in with the popular songs and chants, for example the Vichai song, or simple songs like We're all going on a European tour, dilly ding dilly dong. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

The Harry/Soyuncu really is a bizarre song and, if you were a visitor to the KP, would find it a bit disturbing if you heard kids in the family stand, singing it. 

Not strictly true

The song stems from the Maguire song England fans sing and have been doing since the Nations League finals in 2019. 

So actually, probably most clubs who visit the KP will have fans who were out in Portugal and know exactly the relevance of it 😂

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Not strictly true

The song stems from the Maguire song England fans sing and have been doing since the Nations League finals in 2019. 

So actually, probably most clubs who visit the KP will have fans who were out in Portugal and know exactly the relevance of it 😂

It's still absolutely weird for grown men to be singing about the size of someone's penis. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Swalshed said:

Yes, it's pretty obvious really isn't it? If you put UFS in the middle of Pen 2 at Filbert Street, then you'd get a few hundred like-minded folk joining in. 

Only the club can fix this, as has been said many times over.

Not everyone at Filbert Street joined in the singing, of course. Some fans don't always sing, but they will still react to what's going on in the stadium and this adds to the atmosphere.

More people are likely to join in with the popular songs and chants, for example the Vichai song, or simple songs like We're all going on a European tour, dilly ding dilly dong. 

Doubt it, you might get a few hundred lauching that drum onto the pitch though.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Possibly they went with intention of watching a football match and supporting their team but, within a short space of time, Rodgers has again set his team and tactics up to bore the tits off them. 

• Haha 2