Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Excuse me ? I’m not in the ufs or any ultra group but I was in the upper tier closest  to the goal and the atmosphere was good around us and had nothing to do with the UFS. I’m sick of this UFS snobbery. They’re  on par with the true fox. They’re for me a massive part of the atmosphere being so wank. You put the other day you don’t like singing against the opposite fans ( a opinion clearly shared by the UFS royalty) but a lot of normal Leicester fans do. I thought the atmosphere 2nd half was much better when we and Leeds were singing against each other. I’m sorry but singing Leicester boys our we or boys in blue for 10 minutes at a time is boring. Even at home in sk1 it’s always the same, continuously boring chant with a shitty drum. Leeds have got the best home atmosphere in the prem and they don’t need a drum or silly flags or black t shirts with their logo on it. 

Bit unfair this - You are clearly one of the pockets who were and do try and get things going but the fact of the matter is at least 80% of our fans do not want to join in with anything (bar the odd 5 seconds goading the away fans or shouting at the ref). Today around the area UFS were a lot of effort was made to get things going with lots of variation but not a lot caught on. There were chants being started by other ‘pockets’ and some did get a reaction but it’s always 10 seconds followed by 20 minutes of ‘I’ll have a break now’. 

• Like 1

Even Arsenal had the entire away end in unison at our place. 

Can't remember the last time we had an entire end all together singing the same thing. 

On a side not anyone slagging ufs (I'm not in it) off is a tool. The ground would be ****ing dire without them. 

7 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Even Arsenal had the entire away end in unison at our place. 

Can't remember the last time we had an entire end all together singing the same thing. 

On a side not anyone slagging ufs (I'm not in it) off is a tool. The ground would be ****ing dire without them. 

Well clearly they have no effect because the kop doesn’t join in with them. Who wants to sing the same boring chants for 10 minutes at a time ? The songs are pants, Leicester boys are we, boys in blue, that soyunchu ub40 chant. That daka chant is pants aswell. Leeds where pissing themselves when it got a airing. Since the UFS took over the songs have been pants. The ulloa song was quality and actually had words in it rather the cool edgy ultra random noises. The UFS need to step away from the European ultra bollocks but they won’t. Man Utd have got the best away end in the land and I’m certain they don’t follow the Crystal Palace ultra lead of making strange noises with hardly any words in them. 

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Well clearly they have no effect because the kop doesn’t join in with them. Who wants to sing the same boring chants for 10 minutes at a time ? The songs are pants, Leicester boys are we, boys in blue, that soyunchu ub40 chant. That daka chant is pants aswell. Leeds where pissing themselves when it got a airing. Since the UFS took over the songs have been pants. The ulloa song was quality and actually had words in it rather the cool edgy ultra random noises. The UFS need to step away from the European ultra bollocks but they won’t. Man Utd have got the best away end in the land and I’m certain they don’t follow the Crystal Palace ultra lead of making strange noises with hardly any words in them. 

The funny thing is they have a lot of songs that Union FS would have been laughed at had they came up with them. I don't believe for one second that many Leicester fans would be singing songs parodying Waterfall by The Stone Roses and December, 1963 had Union FS came up with them and not Man United. 

23 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Take UFS away and the KP has zero atmosphere. Simple as that. We need them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Take UFS away and the KP has zero atmosphere. Simple as that. We need them.

I don't believe that. I sit in sk3 and can't hear UFS. All the songs come from the back of sk2 and sk3. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I wasn't at the game earlier so I can't comment on that. If we're talking about home atmosphere the elephant in the room for me is L1. It seems completely dead these days and has been since about 4/5 years ago. 

Too many hard nuts in L1 nowadays to actually sing a song or give a witty response back to the away end. The sort who stand there on their phones looking at the other results to see if their bets are in or banging on about how cool they are because they drink and sniff cocaine in the toilets. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Leeds have got the best home atmosphere in the prem and they don’t need a drum or silly flags or black t shirts with their logo on it. 

Why do we think this is then? Not picking your post apart, just interested to have a discussion as to why they’re so good on a consistent basis, home and away? What’s the difference with them and us? I’ve often scratched my head over why it is - collective mentality for me, personally. They have an ongoing siege mentality across the match going fans, nobody likes us, we don’t care, and we’re not going to be outdone by you. I’ve said it before but I think as a group of fans, we’re too bothered about what other groups of fans think of us, Man United, Leeds, Liverpool (away gates) don’t - they all have a bit of a nasty steak in them. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I’m surprised some people thought the atmosphere was awful yesterday to be honest. I thought it was decent where I was sat (upper tier just behind the goal). I’ve known better but I’ve known a lot worse. Particularly enjoyed the ‘30 years and you’ve won f*** all’ as it seemed to rile the Leeds fans. 

It's seems to have just been one poster who thought it was awful..

The general consensus seemed to be it was decent ... not brilliant, but not awful either.

It's generally better at the back ... so I suppose if you were on the front row with your ear muffs on, it wouldn't have sounded very good.

Thought it was ok yesterday and the 30 years chant was brilliant. Don’t know much/anything about UFS but seems like the criticism is a bit harsh, what are they doing that’s wrong? They seem to give it a go most games which is good. Yes Leeds and palace (sometimes) are loud but they are a cesspool of spotty virgin inbred freaks, which is quite a big disclaimer against the super fan tag 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Excuse me ? I’m not in the ufs or any ultra group but I was in the upper tier closest  to the goal and the atmosphere was good around us and had nothing to do with the UFS. I’m sick of this UFS snobbery. They’re  on par with the true fox. They’re for me a massive part of the atmosphere being so wank. You put the other day you don’t like singing against the opposite fans ( a opinion clearly shared by the UFS royalty) but a lot of normal Leicester fans do. I thought the atmosphere 2nd half was much better when we and Leeds were singing against each other. I’m sorry but singing Leicester boys our we or boys in blue for 10 minutes at a time is boring. Even at home in sk1 it’s always the same, continuously boring chant with a shitty drum. Leeds have got the best home atmosphere in the prem and they don’t need a drum or silly flags or black t shirts with their logo on it. 

If UFS are ‘a massive part of the atmosphere being wank’ you know what you could do, you could go and get organised and do something you feel is better.

Just now, SemperEadem said:

If UFS are ‘a massive part of the atmosphere being wank’ you know what you could do, you could go and get organised and do something you feel is better.

Or you could just go back to being Leicester city fans rather then ufs fans. These ultra groups aren’t the way forward. You can have singing sections without having a group with a massive superiority complex about them. 

48 minutes ago, Manini said:

Why do we think this is then? Not picking your post apart, just interested to have a discussion as to why they’re so good on a consistent basis, home and away? What’s the difference with them and us? I’ve often scratched my head over why it is - collective mentality for me, personally. They have an ongoing siege mentality across the match going fans, nobody likes us, we don’t care, and we’re not going to be outdone by you. I’ve said it before but I think as a group of fans, we’re too bothered about what other groups of fans think of us, Man United, Leeds, Liverpool (away gates) don’t - they all have a bit of a nasty steak in them. 

Because they sing a song that they all know which is about their club, not the players. Players chants are pretty shit, players come and go.

We must be the only football forum in the world that has a "do they mean us" thread, if that's not paranoid, i don't know what is.

It's also a naff when you think your best chants are about other clubs,

Edited by yorkie1999

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Because they sing a song that they all know which is about their club, not the players. Players chants are pretty shit, players come and go.

We must be the only football forum in the world that has a "do they mean us" thread, if that's not paranoid, i don't know what is.

They create new chants which nobody else in our fan base does. Only way to get these new chants going is to sing them and then they catch on. People like you who want to discredit everything they do and refuse to join in because so and so is singing it is probably why we have a problem 

29 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Or you could just go back to being Leicester city fans rather then ufs fans. These ultra groups aren’t the way forward. You can have singing sections without having a group with a massive superiority complex about them. 

What is it that makes you dislike the fan group so much? Is it hard for you to carry on with your matchday experience as it is with them being there?

For home games, I sit the other corner of the Kop, just outside of SK4. All I can hear is UFS for 90 minutes (I am going to forget clappers exist) and otherwise, might hear L1 now and then and very rarely, other bits of the ground together.

For away games, I tend to join the UFS section as there is a bit of an atmosphere at least in that pocket. I think it is harsh putting them down because they are working hard to bring an atmosphere to the ground and get behind the team. It is your choice whether you wish to join in or not but let them do what they are doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

I tend to agree with this. With or without Union FS we are not going to have an atmosphere as intense as Leeds. I tend to think that the club's rather sanitised 'matchday experience' doesn't help either. Potentially an unpopular opinion, but having someone playing Ed Sheeran covers, Fancam, t-shirt cannons, cardboard clappers don't lend themselves to a raucous atmosphere. 

• Like 4