Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

23 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

They create new chants which nobody else in our fan base does. Only way to get these new chants going is to sing them and then they catch on. People like you who want to discredit everything they do and refuse to join in because so and so is singing it is probably why we have a problem 

Hang on, what you going on about? i was answering a post about why other clubs fans are so good home and away.

2 hours ago, rn9013 said:

I’m surprised some people thought the atmosphere was awful yesterday to be honest. I thought it was decent where I was sat (upper tier just behind the goal). I’ve known better but I’ve known a lot worse. Particularly enjoyed the ‘30 years and you’ve won f*** all’ as it seemed to rile the Leeds fans. 

Best song of the day. Shut them up from singing about Europe. Proper weird they sing about being Champions of Europe, which they've never been, and when they tried to respond with "we've won more than you"... lol We've won practically the same amount of trophies. For such a "big club" they have a small trophy collection.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Hang on, what you going on about? i was answering a post about why other clubs fans are so good home and away.

Sorry misunderstood what you were saying but point still stands - From your previous posts on the matter people like you are the problem.

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

UFS took over 😂😂

There is absolutely nothing to stop the rest of the ground singing what they want other than they can't be arsed. 

UFS should have a game in silence, would be a real eye opener I expect. 

To backup your point, was anyone complaining about Union FS being detrimental to the atmosphere a few weeks ago at the Man United game when the place was rocking? Whether that was down to people joining in with Union FS or starting songs in other parts of the ground or a combination of the two, it doesn't matter. The difference between that and the other games was that more people were getting into it and wanted to contribute. If you don't like Union FS, then what is stopping you from getting a few people together to try and get some other songs going?

• Like 1

Overreaction on here it wasn't bad at all. Wasn't the best but as we have seen many times this season the football being played really doesn't help. Was good after Barnes goal and after the second half kicked off. 

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I'm not normally one to goad the home/away support of whoever we're playing but I properly lost it haha lol 

Brill that was. Although give Leeds their due, it was some celebration for a standard league game. Some of their lot went barrelling head first into the bottom tier and stewards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Why do we think this is then? Not picking your post apart, just interested to have a discussion as to why they’re so good on a consistent basis, home and away? What’s the difference with them and us? I’ve often scratched my head over why it is - collective mentality for me, personally. They have an ongoing siege mentality across the match going fans, nobody likes us, we don’t care, and we’re not going to be outdone by you. I’ve said it before but I think as a group of fans, we’re too bothered about what other groups of fans think of us, Man United, Leeds, Liverpool (away gates) don’t - they all have a bit of a nasty steak in them. 

There's an expectation that if you're in a Leeds/Man United/Liverpool etc away end that you get involved and have a certain attitude about you. Like you say, it's a siege mentality - especially with Leeds and Man United. They expect to be hated everywhere they go or by away fans when they're at home. We just don't have that in us, in fact we get a bit whiny and affronted if other fans don't like us these days.

10 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Well clearly they have no effect because the kop doesn’t join in with them. Who wants to sing the same boring chants for 10 minutes at a time ? The songs are pants, Leicester boys are we, boys in blue, that soyunchu ub40 chant. That daka chant is pants aswell. Leeds where pissing themselves when it got a airing. Since the UFS took over the songs have been pants. The ulloa song was quality and actually had words in it rather the cool edgy ultra random noises. The UFS need to step away from the European ultra bollocks but they won’t. Man Utd have got the best away end in the land and I’m certain they don’t follow the Crystal Palace ultra lead of making strange noises with hardly any words in them. 

Started by a lad now quite involved with UFS. Interested to know what chants you reckon they should be singing, given almost every traditional Leicester chant going gets at least one or two airings minimum in SK1 every week?

The idea that Man United aren't influenced by overseas fans is naive as well. Their away ends are full of red, white and black flags (rarely a St George or Union Jack), several of their songs originate from abroad (including one first sung in England by Palace) and they've now got an organised group with their own section too. Oh, and they love dressing in black for good measure.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Sorry misunderstood what you were saying but point still stands - From your previous posts on the matter people like you are the problem.

So what you’re saying is that if a group set themselves up as the choir masters and the choir don’t join in, then it’s the choirs fault. How’s about fvck off.

10 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Man Utd have got the best away end in the land and I’m certain they don’t follow the Crystal Palace ultra lead of making strange noises with hardly any words in them. 

Biggest jibbers in the country, all wear black and were climbing glass screens in the week at Atalanta. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So what you’re saying is that if a group set themselves up as the choir masters and the choir don’t join in, then it’s the choirs fault. How’s about fvck off.

In a case where the "choir" outnumber the "choir masters" by a ratio of about 1,000:1, it shouldn't be too difficult for the "choir" to sing whatever they want - if they want to.

18 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It's not us vs them. UFS are not singing for the other team ffs. The choir is useless that's the issue here. Zero passion

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Best song of the day. Shut them up from singing about Europe. Proper weird they sing about being Champions of Europe, which they've never been, and when they tried to respond with "we've won more than you"... lol We've won practically the same amount of trophies. For such a "big club" they have a small trophy collection.

I think that's because they still feel robbed from a European cup tie in the seventies. Leeds being a 'massive club' is a bit of a myth. They have a big supporter base but Leeds is comfortably the biggest one club city in the country. Leeds United fans won't admit it but up until Don Revie turned up as their manager Leeds was known as a Rugby League city. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I think that's because they still feel robbed from a European cup tie in the seventies. Leeds being a 'massive club' is a bit of a myth. They have a big supporter base but Leeds is comfortably the biggest one club city in the country. Leeds United fans won't admit it but up until Don Revie turned up as their manager Leeds was known as a Rugby League city. 

I agree with you on this. Their crowd yesterday was 36k. We got 31k for Burnley at home with numerous seats unavailable. That extension to our stadium sees us surpass that. I know Leeds want to extend themselves but makes ya think. I know I’ve argued with others elsewhere that we are the largest one club city in the PL as Leeds get an awful lot city population wise / fanbase from smaller towns (and a significant sized city, Wakefield). 

Quite a lot of Leeds fans fail to mention from that game where the ref was total dogshit according to neutrals. That due to the violence from Leeds supporters, they had two year European ban 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

43 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

My enthusiasm at games is moderated by how poor our effort is.  I shout get into em... and then sit back knowing I am not making any difference.  Other weeks we play great... I shout and sing along.

This is the difference between us and the genuinely good fan bases. Ever thought 3500 of us going at it for 90 minutes will drive the players to give that extra 10%? 

42 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

This is the difference between us and the genuinely good fan bases. Ever thought 3500 of us going at it for 90 minutes will drive the players to give that extra 10%? 

TBH I think that's what sets English support apart from the rest of the world.  Some will like the fact support in england tends to flow with what's happening on the pitch, others would argue what's happening on the pitch is irrelevant and you should sing for 90 minutes.

• Like 1