Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Leeds get an awful lot city population wise / fanbase from smaller towns (and a significant sized city, Wakefield).

Similar to Liverpool, there’s a lot come over from Scandinavia to watch them every week too. 

A lot of people from Bradford support Leeds too in my experience, especially in the bits where it’s basically Leeds at one end of the street and Bradford at the other. 

Edited by Manini

45 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

This is the difference between us and the genuinely good fan bases. Ever thought 3500 of us going at it for 90 minutes will drive the players to give that extra 10%? 

I don't think you'll ever get that from East Midlands supporters, not unless they're roused by something that happens on the pitch. Something like Lech Poznan or Red Star Belgrade would be simply awesome, where the whole crowd drops the anti-Rodgers, anti-Perez, anti-Amartey crap and becomes instead a mighty machine roaring us on to victory, but it's not going to happen because too many Leicester fans are cynical and would rather wait for the team to do something that they can be proud about, which is a bit like putting the cart before the horse, in my opinion. There's plenty of time for being a bastard on Foxestalk afterwards, but I suppose people can't wait for that and are very anxious to let other people know that Vestergaard is shit, in case they think that's a new opinion. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Similar to Liverpool, there’s a lot come over from Scandinavia to watch them every week too. 

Noticed that Saturday night in Whitelock's 

'Can I have British bitter please?' 

'No problem, I advise this one. Anything else to order?'

'3 Carlings' 

lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

TBH I think that's what sets English support apart from the rest of the world.  Some will like the fact support in england tends to flow with what's happening on the pitch, others would argue what's happening on the pitch is irrelevant and you should sing for 90 minutes.

There's a happy medium to be had. I love the way English fans react to exciting moments (so do mates from abroad who've come to games over here), but in those quiet passages of play a dedicated section going for it can really gee up the crowd and the players. That's what makes the difference between average support and good support.

It's like when Leeds conceded a corner yesterday at some point in the second half, they responded with a really loud rendition of 'Marching on Together'. What would we do? You'd hear nervous groans around the stadium and then silence until we were next attacking.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MattFox said:

We had a terrible atmosphere when we were tearing it up under Rodgers pre lockdown though so I’m not sure the performances can be used as an excuse.

Excluding the last twenty minutes of the home game against Everton where we won in the last minute, I'd agree. 

28 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We had a terrible atmosphere when we were tearing it up under Rodgers pre lockdown though so I’m not sure the performances can be used as an excuse.

This! Lots of people love to blame the performance but that's just an excuse. When was the last time we produced a really good away end? I am genuinely struggling to think of many

11 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

This! Lots of people love to blame the performance but that's just an excuse. When was the last time we produced a really good away end? I am genuinely struggling to think of many

Luton in the League Cup and Newcastle back in 2017 stand out to me!

Although I don’t get to that many

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K1FOX said:

This is the difference between us and the genuinely good fan bases. Ever thought 3500 of us going at it for 90 minutes will drive the players to give that extra 10%? 

I think it would be great.  But we all need some encouragement.  I want Leicester to win so much i can taste it... yet a first half of tippy tappy saps me. Sorry, but that's the truth.

1 hour ago, thursday_next said:

I don't think you'll ever get that from East Midlands supporters, not unless they're roused by something that happens on the pitch. Something like Lech Poznan or Red Star Belgrade would be simply awesome, where the whole crowd drops the anti-Rodgers, anti-Perez, anti-Amartey crap and becomes instead a mighty machine roaring us on to victory, but it's not going to happen because too many Leicester fans are cynical and would rather wait for the team to do something that they can be proud about, which is a bit like putting the cart before the horse, in my opinion. There's plenty of time for being a bastard on Foxestalk afterwards, but I suppose people can't wait for that and are very anxious to let other people know that Vestergaard is shit, in case they think that's a new opinion. 

Do you really think that's 'awesome?' If most of the crowd are anti something, there's usually a good reason. 

Not that we have,  but if you have a team that play like they couldn't given a toss and had a clueless dire manager, do you believe you should cheer regardless because your proud of your team, like a bunch of mindless sheep 🐑! Sod that for a game of soldiers, what a big bunch of feckless retards their supporters are then.

Whilst I don't condone for one second the actions of the Lazio supporters who, when they saw or perceived a lack of interest and effort on the pitch, stormed their teams training ground and virtually held them hostage until they'd had a good talking too, that is more understandable than doffing one's cap and being grateful for the privilege of paying hard earned money to a bunch of feckless, rich, disinterested big girls blouses!

I reiterate, we don't have anything like that here in our current situation and I don't agree with the booing of players coming on like Ghezzal or Perez but, I do remember a certain amount of booing of our team the year we got relegated to Division 1 and in fairness, some of them bloody deserved it.

Despite our little blip, we currently have a club, particularly with the owners we're very fortunate to have, that we can be very proud of. However, if any of our well paid players let our owners down either deliberately or because they couldn't care less, than I think we reserve the right to let them know. I think that's partly perhaps why Maddison and Perez left a bad taste in some supporters mouths after their party incident because it seemed like a privileged slap in the face to both supporters and owners. 

27 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’d sort of hoped that £50,000 plus per week might be the sweetener for that 

What has that got to do with supporting the team? We're there to support the players what is the point of standing there in silence you may as well not be there

18 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I do find it amazing how some of our fans care more about our players letting King Power down than they do about them actually letting us down...

Is it not one and the same thing? I tend to lump Top, the players and supporters together as Leicester City football club as opposed to the name King Power just being the owners company and the name of the ground. I think it's perhaps limited to only a very few clubs in that our owners, including Vichai when he was alive, are quite a bit more to us than faceless individuals who usually merely hold the purse strings. I maybe nieve but I think we're quite unique in that respect. We clap Top when we see him and we could openly see how the players and Brendan were around him at the Cup Final. 

51 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Do you really think that's 'awesome?' If most of the crowd are anti something, there's usually a good reason. 

Not that we have,  but if you have a team that play like they couldn't given a toss and had a clueless dire manager, do you believe you should cheer regardless because your proud of your team, like a bunch of mindless sheep 🐑! Sod that for a game of soldiers, what a big bunch of feckless retards their supporters are then.

Whilst I don't condone for one second the actions of the Lazio supporters who, when they saw or perceived a lack of interest and effort on the pitch, stormed their teams training ground and virtually held them hostage until they'd had a good talking too, that is more understandable than doffing one's cap and being grateful for the privilege of paying hard earned money to a bunch of feckless, rich, disinterested big girls blouses!

I reiterate, we don't have anything like that here in our current situation and I don't agree with the booing of players coming on like Ghezzal or Perez but, I do remember a certain amount of booing of our team the year we got relegated to Division 1 and in fairness, some of them bloody deserved it.

Despite our little blip, we currently have a club, particularly with the owners we're very fortunate to have, that we can be very proud of. However, if any of our well paid players let our owners down either deliberately or because they couldn't care less, than I think we reserve the right to let them know. I think that's partly perhaps why Maddison and Perez left a bad taste in some supporters mouths after their party incident because it seemed like a privileged slap in the face to both supporters and owners. 

I think I'd like us to be like Red Star Belgrade, only without the flares, the racism, the misogyny and the tendency to fight the supporters of the other team or general bystanders, but I would have to admit that that's probably a tall order :)

Presumably it's being thought of as a sheep that brings you to this opinion, and you are quite right. You're not a sheep, and long may you continue not to be one. However, there's no way of creating a relentless atmosphere unless you give something of yourself to the crowd, and don't hold back, making the occasion much more about the fans as well as the players. I agree with you about Maddison and Perez, but surely that is best left for FT where you can choose your words with some care, as opposed to yelling 'Fu ck off, Maddison, you bitch'

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Is it not one and the same thing? I tend to lump Top, the players and supporters together as Leicester City football club as opposed to the name King Power just being the owners company and the name of the ground. I think it's perhaps limited to only a very few clubs in that our owners, including Vichai when he was alive, are quite a bit more to us than faceless individuals who usually merely hold the purse strings. I maybe nieve but I think we're quite unique in that respect. We clap Top when we see him and we could openly see how the players and Brendan were around him at the Cup Final. 

Yeah, I agree the bond is closer than any other fan-owner relationship in the Premier League which is obviously no bad thing at all. It just seems we always worry more about what the owners think of various things happening at the club than what we as supporters think. I find it a bit strange.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, I agree the bond is closer than any other fan-owner relationship in the Premier League which is obviously no bad thing at all. It just seems we always worry more about what the owners think of various things happening at the club than what we as supporters think. I find it a bit strange.

I know what you mean I think. I'm not sure we necessarily think more about what the owners think but, the fact we even consider them at all would be highly unusual in the current world of football I think. That, I believe, is because from the outside, it's the unusual way in which our owners consider their approach to us as supporters which seems entirely different to other clubs. From someone I know that has to deal with the club on a professional basis and certainly when Vichai was there, respect in all it's forms was incredibly important to them, possibly a cultural thing I think perhaps, I don't know. If it is, is an admirable one though.

Nevertheless, when the covid incident with our players occurred, we as supporters may have had our different views across the board but I did actually wonder how it was taken by our owners, bearing in mind what we think their values regarding respect, manners and behaviour might be. Admittedly that might sound a bit odd even thinking about that but it seemed a bit more like letting parents down than some faceless business owner in some ways. Probably I think too deeply about it 🤣🤣

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I know what you mean I think. I not sure we necessarily think more about what the owners think but, the fact we even consider them at all would be highly unusual in the current world of football I think. That, I believe, is because from the outside, it's the unusual way in which our owners consider their approach to us as supporters which seems entirely different to other clubs. From someone I know that has to deal with the club on a professional basis and certainly when Vichai was there, respect in all it's forms was incredibly important to them, possibly a cultural think perhaps, I don't know. Nevertheless, when the covid thing occurred, we as supporters may have had our different views across the board but I did actually wonder how it was taken by our owners, bearing in mind what we think their values regarding respect, manners and behaviour might be. Admittedly that might sound a bit odd even thinking that but it seemed a bit more like letting parents down than some faceless business owner in some ways. Probably I think too deeply about it 🤣🤣

I know exactly what you mean, and I would hope every Leicester City fan feels the same :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

Like most English fans, we feed on what's happening on the pitch.  

We've been coma inducing for the past 12 months so it's no surprise people are asleep in the stands.

I personally feel the club needs a shakeup and a rebuild.  As good as we've had it on paper since 2016 this season is quickly beginning to look like the end of the road for this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueSi13 said:

Like most English fans, we feed on what's happening on the pitch.  

We've been coma inducing for the past 12 months so it's no surprise people are asleep in the stands.

I personally feel the club needs a shakeup and a rebuild.  As good as we've had it on paper since 2016 this season is quickly beginning to look like the end of the road for this team.

Yet this is such a shame isn't it because on paper, I see some of the most exciting players we've had in one time in one place that we've ever had. On the surface the squad screams attacking football, pace and goals, yet we seem to be doing anything we can to be exactly the opposite. 

• Like 1

People are really trying to pin our shockingly bad atmosphere on the one group of guys that try and get things going for 90 minutes week in week out? Genuinely baffled...

Iv been in SK1 for a while now and I'm telling you the stadium would be completely silent for 90 minutes (other than when the ref makes a mistake) if it weren't for UFS and the lads around that area giving it their all.

As for someone else saying that SK2 and SK3 is where most the noise comes from at home games, that's simply not true. Don't get me wrong the lads at the top of SK2 do get involved but very rarely do things get going from over that side.

I'm not a part of UFS either but it just seems like a really easy cop out to blame them when the simple reason our atmosphere is shit most weeks is because the majority just don't give a fvck anymore and the club do absolutely nothing to help.

Edited by Munshi
  • Like 4

On 08/11/2021 at 09:46, Cardiff_Fox said:

Brill that was. Although give Leeds their due, it was some celebration for a standard league game. Some of their lot went barrelling head first into the bottom tier and stewards. 

Good point. 

Whilst it's never nice to concede a goal ... after the event, you sometimes have to give credit for a totally mental reaction to a goal.

in 1991, I remember West Brom scoring a last minute winner against us at the Hawthorns, in a crucial relegation match.    They went absolutely berserk at the final whistle, and 1000's of them invaded the pitch.   Horrible at the time, but I had to give credit where credit's due.   Mind you, it ended alright in the end, as a few matches later we stayed up and they got relegated on the final day.

Similarly in 2017, that last minute goal in the FA Cup match at Millwall.   The whole place went ape-shit.     I managed a wry smile as they behaved liked they'd just beaten the Champions of England.  Oh yeah, they had!.    Good job we had a Champions League match a few days later to distract us, so I didn't feel too bad about it.