Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

That was the worst atmosphere I've ever experienced at a Leicester game yesterday 

You can't have been going for long then. It was a lot worst in the championship when we were getting beat every week. When we lost to villa 5 nil at home in the Premier league was pretty toxic too

19 minutes ago, adam said:

You can't have been going for long then. It was a lot worst in the championship when we were getting beat every week. When we lost to villa 5 nil at home in the Premier league was pretty toxic too

OK maybe not the worst ever but certainly in recent years its up there. I've been going for 25+ years by the way

On 08/11/2021 at 00:01, adam said:

I don't believe that. I sit in sk3 and can't hear UFS. All the songs come from the back of sk2 and sk3. 

I actually listened out for this on Saturday (sad, I know) but I literally didn't hear anything from the back of SK2 and SK3 until literally the 51st minute and that was just a 'come on Leicester'. 

16 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Too many families and children there. You want tens of thousands of drunken 18-25s ideally. 🧐

Add some casual racism and you have a great cocktail for a pre 1990's footballing atmosphere!!!

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Add some casual racism and you have a great cocktail for a pre 1990's footballing atmosphere!!!

A lot of our “fans” seem to think creating any type of atmosphere and wanting a better atmosphere makes you a hooligan. Probably why our atmosphere home and away is so poor. Too many people with your mindset that you’re better than the ones who do try and improve it.

• Like 2

The only solution I can see (unlikely) is putting the rail seating into the back half of the KOP SK2+3 to start with. The problem is that L1 won't move away from the fans.

Personally, I think traditional grounds at clubs like Leeds, Newcastle and West Ham (Upton Pk) have a decent hardcore of singers/standers...we had SK1 in latter Filbo days, and they're all fragmented between Kop and L1 and other areas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vestan Pance said:

We've had every away section at the KP out-support us so far this season, let's not pretend they're racist drunks because they happen to be better at supporting their team than us. If you don't want to vocally support your team then don't, buy try not to stereotype those that do.

31 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

A lot of our “fans” seem to think creating any type of atmosphere and wanting a better atmosphere makes you a hooligan. Probably why our atmosphere home and away is so poor. Too many people with your mindset that you’re better than the ones who do try and improve it.

Before you get all hight and mighty and get all " I'm the one fan who tries to make ALL the atmosphere at the KP" try and understand my comment in the context of what I was responding to, if you are able.

Seems to me our home support is as good or bad as most the other teams we play. Biggest issue for me is that our ponderous style of play these days is not conducive to getting anyone off their seats. Most people don't like it and it's hard to sing (or cheer) and moan at the same time. 

• Like 1

I stopped going home games mainly due to distance but really have no urge to ever go back at the moment unless things change - the family image the club are desperate to have and the clappers are horrendous. Still do plenty of away each year as they are actually enjoyable - if you regularly go away you will notice our home support is on par with most in the prem for noise. Minus the clappers and if we had a whole stand who stand up we'd have a good home backing but our likeminded fans are too spread around the stadium, which again the club are probably at fault for having the family stand next to the away end.

• 2 weeks later...