Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

10 minutes ago, Raj said:

They arent stupid.

They hear the boos.

A game when Iheanacho was substituted as not playing well to the odd moronic boos but mostly groans that sounded like boos he was found after the game crying in the changing room - source = a player.

Not playing him for much of the game yesterday was more insulting by Rogers than those boos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nobbyburton said:

I can’t recall a time where our support has been much worse than it is right now. Don’t get me wrong, we’re conceding sloppy goals that piss people off early on, but there’s a real arrogance and expectation to beat teams, that doesn’t help. We’ve turned into what people laugh at Everton and West Ham for. The moment things aren’t going well we turn into such a toxic home support. 

Away from home it’s not much better, West Ham can be forgiven because it was a car crash performance, but Brighton was pretty awful from the start. That game really needed the fans to get behind the players early, but there was such a lack of enthusiasm from our end. 

Aside from that, we just don’t have any interesting songs at all and I’m not sure how that changes, because we’ve never been that good at coming up with decent chants. 

Play sweet Caroline, or something similar,  over the PA system like every other club does. Gotta be pretty dumb, or arrogant, not to realise clubs start an atmosphere by using music. Even Liverpool and Celtic do it.

• Haha 1

Guest Harrydc
19 minutes ago, Raj said:

Imagine your at your work and you just clock in to start your shift.

BOOOOOOOO!!!

That's exactly  how they feel.

I'm sure the 100,000 a week softens the blow a little. 

I suppose it depends on whether you define "atmosphere" as being how many songs are sung, or general noise and support for the team (cheering them on when attacking etc).   I'd generally go for the latter.

I think the atmosphere has been fairly decent for the home games ( 3 league and 1 Europa).   Nothing incredible, but certainly not bad.

Away from home ... West Ham was poor, but then it was an awful game.   Brighton felt like a Sunday afternoon picnic, although it was ok for the last half hour (when we actually started going forwards, instead of sidewards and backwards).   Didn't go Norwich, so can't comment.

2 hours ago, Nobbyburton said:

I can’t recall a time where our support has been much worse than it is right now. Don’t get me wrong, we’re conceding sloppy goals that piss people off early on, but there’s a real arrogance and expectation to beat teams, that doesn’t help. We’ve turned into what people laugh at Everton and West Ham for. The moment things aren’t going well we turn into such a toxic home support. 

Away from home it’s not much better, West Ham can be forgiven because it was a car crash performance, but Brighton was pretty awful from the start. That game really needed the fans to get behind the players early, but there was such a lack of enthusiasm from our end. 

Aside from that, we just don’t have any interesting songs at all and I’m not sure how that changes, because we’ve never been that good at coming up with decent chants. 

The weird thing is , as has been said on here before, we don’t sound that bad on the streams. I know it’s about microphone placement, but I think some of you are a bit too critical. 
If people don’t like singing, then  shout or make a noise, any noise. People laugh at the Millwall thing ( don’t know how to describe it) but it still makes  me uneasy! 
The “ Roker Roar” was some noise and must have lifted their players whilst putting off the opposition. 

29 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I suppose it depends on whether you define "atmosphere" as being how many songs are sung, or general noise and support for the team (cheering them on when attacking etc).   I'd generally go for the latter.

I think the atmosphere has been fairly decent for the home games ( 3 league and 1 Europa).   Nothing incredible, but certainly not bad.

Away from home ... West Ham was poor, but then it was an awful game.   Brighton felt like a Sunday afternoon picnic, although it was ok for the last half hour (when we actually started going forwards, instead of sidewards and backwards).   Didn't go Norwich, so can't comment.

Norwich was great in parts. Certainly the better of the 3. I couldn't believe how quiet West Ham was considering it was the first away game back for so long, no one was interested in backing the team at all. I did try but felt like I was singing in a shopping centre or something

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Norwich was great in parts. Certainly the better of the 3. I couldn't believe how quiet West Ham was considering it was the first away game back for so long, no one was interested in backing the team at all. I did try but felt like I was singing in a shopping centre or something

Tbf West Ham away is literally the worse ground to get an atmosphere going.

I thought Norwich was decent.

Edited by Fox92

Will be interesting what the atmosphere will be like on Thursday, Legia are supposed to be top class, hopefully we get behind the team. Alright I know there will only be 800 of us, but the best away atmosphere we have had in Europe was in Bruges when we had the smallest following. 

• Like 2

First time I have been since January 2020 yesterday, that was Villa in the cup, think the atmosphere was good to start with, play for the first 10 mins was good, but the Barnes missed chance, Vardy header then the Vardy og, killed it a bit, we equalise, an then immediately concede, nothing seems to happen to get the crowd engaged until the last 20 mins, the crowd try and rally and we just about salvage a draw. Burnley looked shite and we take those two chances go 2-0 up the atmosphere is completely different. I can understand an air of frustration within the crowd, i've heard more groans when we were going for the league and drew 0-0 with both Bournemouth and Man City. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf West Ham away is literally the worse ground to get an atmosphere going.

I thought Norwich was decent.

Yeah I get that but there was zero effort to try. I wasn't expecting both tiers to be in unison for 90 minutes but there was genuinely about 5 people amongst that whole section trying 

I thought the atmosphere in sk1 was good yesterday but unfortunately the kop has a whole doesn’t sing anymore. The West Ham game of the great escape season till the end of the season was brilliant and the following season we had the loudest home ground in England. Unfortunately we’re now at Rocky 3 stage. Changed our passion for glory. We aren’t the underdogs anymore and a lot of people just expect us to turn up and win. Before we had a siege mentality about us at home and now we basically take everything for granted. 

Edited by TrickyTrev Benjamin
  • Like 3

It's the old the team should spur the fans on/the fans should spur the team on argument.

Both bounce of each other and when ones bad the other usually stinks just as bad.

The last 2 seasons the team put their feet up come January, obviously last season we weren't there so the fans can't take the can for that one, unfortunately last seasons 2nd half looks to have continued into the start of this one, the lack of energy, the negative, sideways crap doesn't get me off my seat, doesn't inspire or excite me, I dare say this is the case for many and arguably the reason why the atmosphere is so doggo.

Rightly or wrongly that is as simple as it is.

I can deal creating an atmosphere to try and drag the players through when we see intent, fight, as i'm sure many other can - our great escape season is a fantastic example of that. Crap, turgid, sideways, backwards, scared to go forward, lacklustre, negative football, meh, no ones enjoying that.

(Negative atmosphere or not - I don't believe our home form was much different with/without fans)

Edited by Matt

4 hours ago, Harrydc said:

I'm sure the 100,000 a week softens the blow a little. 

No...

But Dozos similar to yourself &  pretend supporters can have their day of imaginary fame,

by pretending they are hard nosed pundit, on a total irrelevant Football forum...

Football should be fun, but like Video Killer the Radio star, its the off-field totally irrelevant Football forums,

that carry the failures in life, who can only carry their own negative misgoggery ( New word for Susie's dictionary) of trolling & putting down on others enjoyable entertainment...

The last 20 yrs have created a New human character....

The Ones who Chase Blame the negatives of others to reflect from their own flickering lives.

Social Media have given them an Anonymous platform, where they Feel they hold Power in Front of a screen

that projects to the outside world.

Financial jealousies allows those made up campaigns & agendas find a weird grip on morally hypocritical minions.

Some from the same streets and life ,have found & used their given Skill to try and make a Richer life,

better than themselves could ever dream...

Unlike Africans, S.American, who appreciate  & honour their like ,who have found that bit of luck & hard work,

the European & Mis-Brit would rather

cynically demean & belittle their own ,at every opportunist moment,

instead to embrace & support a Fellows success,achievement & encourage in down times....

These People pss on Poppies & on Cemetery headstones, then Blame the Drunk around the corner...

Sermon over

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest Harrydc
1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

No...

But Dozos similar to yourself &  pretend supporters can have their day of imaginary fame,

by pretending they are hard nosed pundit, on a total irrelevant Football forum...

Football should be fun, but like Video Killer the Radio star, its the off-field totally irrelevant Football forums,

that carry the failures in life, who can only carry their own negative misgoggery ( New word for Susie's dictionary) of trolling & putting down on others enjoyable entertainment...

The last 20 yrs have created a New human character....

The Ones who Chase Blame the negatives of others to reflect from their own flickering lives.

Social Media have given them an Anonymous platform, where they Feel they hold Power in Front of a screen

that projects to the outside world.

Financial jealousies allows those made up campaigns & agendas find a weird grip on morally hypocritical minions.

Some from the same streets and life ,have found & used their given Skill to try and make a Richer life,

better than themselves could ever dream...

Unlike Africans, S.American, who appreciate  & honour their like ,who have found that bit of luck & hard work,

the European & Mis-Brit would rather

cynically demean & belittle their own ,at every opportunist moment,

instead to embrace & support a Fellows success,achievement & encourage in down times....

These People pss on Poppies & on Cemetery headstones, then Blame the Drunk around the corner...

Sermon over

So what you're saying is the £100,000 a week doesn't soften the blow?