Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

5 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Will be interesting what the atmosphere will be like on Thursday, Legia are supposed to be top class, hopefully we get behind the team. Alright I know there will only be 800 of us, but the best away atmosphere we have had in Europe was in Bruges when we had the smallest following. 

It should be. The 800 have made a bit more than the normal effort to be there. We will face a wall of noise mind. Think some City fans will be surprised at the pure noise of the Legia home fans 

One of the worst things again yesterday for me was the amount flooding out at 2-2, rather than getting on top of the referee and his pathetic allowance of their timewasting.

Although others have covered it's very easily turned toxic now. I don't think we're a lot better than Everton or West Ham now in this department.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

One of the worst things again yesterday for me was the amount flooding out at 2-2, rather than getting on top of the referee and his pathetic allowance of their timewasting.

Although others have covered it's very easily turned toxic now. I don't think we're a lot better than Everton or West Ham now in this department.

There's no unity at the club. We've been back for three games and people sound like they've had enough already.

Hopefully the next game will see us in underdog mode and the crowd will get fully behind the team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Funny you should say that. For the Brighton game UFS are in M1. Some info coming out very soon on that.

Please buy with them to help make it a success.

Would be good to have singing sections either side of the away support. Think itd make a massive difference to our atmosphere. Give the L1 lads a bit of a gee up as well cos its gone stale in there as well.

57 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yes but people need to get away to pop to Morrisons, visit a sick relative, get home in time to see celebrity come dancing etc🙄

51 minutes ago, Corky said:

There's no unity at the club. We've been back for three games and people sound like they've had enough already.

Hopefully the next game will see us in underdog mode and the crowd will get fully behind the team.

To be fair, people are paying over 30 quid a time to watch Leicester play and they continue to stick with a style of play that hasn't, and never has, worked for us.  If people leave before 90 is up its because its shit to watch and boring.  

End of the day fans pay to watch people on the pitch excite them somewhat, and that just doesn't happen anymore.  I don't blame the players and would never boo, they are being made to play in an awful fashion.  No wonder players look bored on the pitch.

Leicester fans are among the best in the world when there is something to cheer about. 

Fans can forgive an off day where it doesn't work out, but when you have a groundhog day over and over of it not working, fans are entitled to bugger off early.  They paid to be there, they are entitled to leave if not entertained. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

That’s good news. 
Is this a UFS decision, the club or both?

Is it likely to become permanent?

Only speaking as myself and not for the group here.

The group asked the question on moving to a different spot in the kop. The club gave the group M1. Not where I think UFS at this moment in time imagine themselves but if it helps play the long game and get a larger designated section then it has to be trialed.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Corky said:

Couldnt we have a whip a round, and buy in a bias rent a crowd, who Promise to Stay until the end, & Take Photos of shame from those boo-boys

@Dr Singh & @Rajwill supply cameras, and the slap up meal for afters..

Thats If The crowd fancy Flying to Canada for a Subway-polar- bear sandwich tour.

Cos foxes are cool & minty..& Like the PB we will be again back on top,

of those that suck...:banana:

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Hello, for what it's worth:

I started in the Pleat era, and the question of "how to improve the atmosphere" has been going as long as I care to remember. 

Apart from odd occasions, such as Madrid in 97, Tranmere in the Play Offs 94, Derby Iwan Hat trick or Arsenal 3-3, I have to say that the Atmosphere for me has been incredible the last 6 years and as a rule therefore better than Filbo was,  much better and consistent.

Yes it was shit when we first moved home, but as someone pointed out, the Pearson first era put the place right and it's been building ever since.

I'm in L1, and I love it. I don't understand the contempt others have for our section. I can't hear UFS, but I don't doubt they are giving it their best. Noise just doesn't always carry unless it's 10,000 in unison. Which is where we get jealous of the big European ends.

I think people always expect the ultimate week in week out, which never happens anywhere. I've stood in the "rough" end at both Lazio and Galatasary for normal League games, and it was nothing compared to us. Sure the European nights are tasty, but then so are ours.

I suggest everyone just have fun, sing your hearts out and not worry too much about what everyone else is up to.

The most important thing is we don't turn into Charlton (ringing 606 every week moaning about being fifth when they should be "pushing on") and destroy what we have built. 

See you in Warsaw. Sing Up. Stay Classy.

Guest Kopfkino
22 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Leicester fans are among the best in the world when there is something to cheer about. 

Every set of fans are good when they have something to cheer, but the better sets of fans are good even when there’s little to cheer. West Ham are even managing it in the worst stadium known to man.

You only have to look at Leeds, poor start to the season but the atmosphere at Elland Road is still better than when we’re doing well.

If Leicester fans don’t have something to cheer after the few years we’ve had just cos there’s been a couple of less than stellar performances this season then I don’t think they deserve what they’ve got to experience the last few years. Yesterday wasn’t even that bad, dread to think what will happen when we go through a really tough period and the football really is shit, probably end up making Everton fans look reasonable.

27 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Only speaking as myself and not for the group here.

The group asked the question on moving to a different spot in the kop. The club gave the group M1. Not where I think UFS at this moment in time imagine themselves but if it helps play the long game and get a larger designated section then it has to be trialed.

Which spot were you wanting to move to?

20 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Hello, for what it's worth:

I started in the Pleat era, and the question of "how to improve the atmosphere" has been going as long as I care to remember. 

Apart from odd occasions, such as Madrid in 97, Tranmere in the Play Offs 94, Derby Iwan Hat trick or Arsenal 3-3, I have to say that the Atmosphere for me has been incredible the last 6 years and as a rule therefore better than Filbo was,  much better and consistent.

Yes it was shit when we first moved home, but as someone pointed out, the Pearson first era put the place right and it's been building ever since.

I'm in L1, and I love it. I don't understand the contempt others have for our section. I can't hear UFS, but I don't doubt they are giving it their best. Noise just doesn't always carry unless it's 10,000 in unison. Which is where we get jealous of the big European ends.

I think people always expect the ultimate week in week out, which never happens anywhere. I've stood in the "rough" end at both Lazio and Galatasary for normal League games, and it was nothing compared to us. Sure the European nights are tasty, but then so are ours.

I suggest everyone just have fun, sing your hearts out and not worry too much about what everyone else is up to.

The most important thing is we don't turn into Charlton (ringing 606 every week moaning about being fifth when they should be "pushing on") and destroy what we have built. 

See you in Warsaw. Sing Up. Stay Classy.

Well said. 

That Arsenal 3-3 was one of the best ever 

24 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Agree with this. 

The loudest Leicester celebration to a goal that I can ever recall was five years ago tomorrow, when Islam Slimani scored against Porto in the Champions League.