Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Agree with this. 

The loudest Leicester celebration to a goal that I can ever recall was five years ago tomorrow, when Islam Slimani scored against Porto in the Champions League. 

Loudest I ever heard by some distance and I've probably been to 250 home games since I was a kid was Vardy to make it 4-3 against United.  That was something else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

To be fair, people are paying over 30 quid a time to watch Leicester play and they continue to stick with a style of play that hasn't, and never has, worked for us.  If people leave before 90 is up its because its shit to watch and boring.  

End of the day fans pay to watch people on the pitch excite them somewhat, and that just doesn't happen anymore.  I don't blame the players and would never boo, they are being made to play in an awful fashion.  No wonder players look bored on the pitch.

Leicester fans are among the best in the world when there is something to cheer about. 

Fans can forgive an off day where it doesn't work out, but when you have a groundhog day over and over of it not working, fans are entitled to bugger off early.  They paid to be there, they are entitled to leave if not entertained. 

Fans leaving early has always happened regardless of the score. We could be playing a team off the park and streams of people are heading for the exits and not giving the team the ovation they deserve. There was still a chance we could win the game with 5 to go yesterday- if people don't want to sit through to the end then fair enough. But if they are bored by the football it won't change so no point in them coming until Rodgers goes.

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

To be fair, people are paying over 30 quid a time to watch Leicester play and they continue to stick with a style of play that hasn't, and never has, worked for us.  If people leave before 90 is up its because its shit to watch and boring.  

End of the day fans pay to watch people on the pitch excite them somewhat, and that just doesn't happen anymore.  I don't blame the players and would never boo, they are being made to play in an awful fashion.  No wonder players look bored on the pitch.

Leicester fans are among the best in the world when there is something to cheer about. 

Fans can forgive an off day where it doesn't work out, but when you have a groundhog day over and over of it not working, fans are entitled to bugger off early.  They paid to be there, they are entitled to leave if not entertained. 

Thats the easiert stance....They have tasted success, Now see if they can stand, when the team & Club ask for honest patience & support, instead of

Crying like Spoilt brats...Earn the right to brag your a " The Leicester"  fan showing that humble Way our owners put their humble Heart into our club & town.

If they were like many Righteous Toxic fans, they would be pulling out their humble association Away from our club....

Because self Righteous know-alls  think as soon as a Problem Pops up,they have the right to bring out arrogant rights of opinion,that as no place

In a team & Management group that has brought us nothing but success...

It seems the word fickle had its source from within the Leicester roots....London is Full of wineoes Our shire is Full of whineoes & jammering moaners,

who cant take the heat of seeing their Team hit loss of form & Rythm e ,coinciding with the clubs Longest period & biggest loss Of talent & Quality due to

Chronic injuries...Major players with their own Dream of Building up on their potential, ripping 1-2Yrs out

of the most defining point of their careers.

Then having so called supporters who cant be buggared to understand whats happened..

Supporters turning to plastic & only See the need of only success,No understanding or compassion only that of their own Desire to succeed,being shown from

An Outsider Family that even with success, There is always  Time for giving, compassion,patience & support

exactly when Trouble comes a Knocking & encouragement is needed...

we have been below desired expectation, But have shown its not the Lack of quality that is missing......

Form is temporary, but that Sound Class is permanent...

This group might carry on struggling for a Short while, but I wager, that Form will return &

we will see that Class also return more consistently..

Though I Dont believe many supporters will have earned the right to say ever again WE..!!

If this forum is anything to go on...

unlike some Good balanced Posters who have become desillusioniert because of the negative trait & tact

that has built up within this forum 

I aint got much to do, so I will try to Keep the Happy clapper movement, & positive forward driving vibes going...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Funny you should say that. For the Brighton game UFS are in M1. Some info coming out very soon on that.

Please buy with them to help make it a success.

Both the club and UFS I believe are putting something out on this tomorrow.

Any questions either message me on here or direct to the group is their social media platforms and email is [email protected]

1 hour ago, Hollyfox said:

That Arsenal game wasn't all that great until about 80 minutes when it all went a bit mad. 

The KOP at Filbert Street did make some good noise at most games though👍

Loved the 'afters' at full-time between Ian Wright and Walshy. Lives long in the memory 

Fans pay their money and are entitled to boo the team and the manager.

But it doesn't mean they have to.

Re the substitution on Saturday, perhaps a minor cry of "Oh for fvck sake why" would've been better than booing.

Perhaps I'll boo the supermarket check out person if they're not doing it to my liking because, you know, I'm paying for a service etc...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Only speaking as myself and not for the group here.

The group asked the question on moving to a different spot in the kop. The club gave the group M1. Not where I think UFS at this moment in time imagine themselves but if it helps play the long game and get a larger designated section then it has to be trialed.

I’ve been thinking about this and it’s making me wonder if it’s where they see rail seating going in the future. 

Pretty sure the couple of blocks immediately next to the away fans are no longer classed as family areas which could be a fairly sizeable area to start off with using. 

🤞

I wish to defend everyone here by reminding you all that the design of the ground does not help section x hear section y, even if one of them is giving it plenty. 

So, to keep it neutral, if I'm in the opposite corner to the away fans, it is often obvious they're singing but it can barely be heard. 

I don't understand acoustics enough to know why this is, but it has a lot to do with a thousand or two singing and going unheard. As others have said, in the old days of crap crowds, atmosphere was often lacking for a lot of the time.

For me, this is much more about people feeling disenfranchised and less personally involved because of the increased crowds and changed demographics of who attends as it is anything else. 

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

Guest Danny Clender

Regarding the booing of James Maddison.

As complex as it is reading through various opinions about whether or not he was booed, Papa DC was at this game and he assured me Maddison was booed, so I'll go with his opinion. 

What with the trouble caused by the handbag sellers from Napoli, homophobic chanting, booing of the knee and now booing of the team, it all just works directly against the fans that want to go to the game and actually enjoy it.  

Let's be realistic, the club in no way shape or form will tolerate or be associated with such behaviour.

When I hear about such behaviour I picture a rotund, boil faced, toothless 16th Century peasant booing the Sherrif because shitting in the street is outlawed. 

I can't help but feel the booers remain trapped in such an analogy. 

Sure, there'll be answers given by Rodgers about it, but he will never reveal his true opinion and his is actually irrelevant.

It's the senior hierarchy who run the club and brand that will gradually implement plans to drive out such behaviour.

It reminds me of how the fans motivated the introduction of VAR by questioning every decision ever taken.

I believe at all clubs, fans behaviour and tolerance will be reviewed and discussed and measures will continue to be introduced to weed it out, which then  invariably, football fans will complain about having sterile atmospheres.

We must remember, football fans are always completely innocent, it's just the minority. 

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I wish to defend everyone here by reminding you all that the design of the ground does not help section x hear section y, even if one of them is giving it plenty. 

So, to keep it neutral, if I'm in the opposite corner to the away fans, it is often obvious they're singing but it can barely be heard. 

I don't understand acoustics enough to know why this is, but it has a lot to do with a thousand or two singing and going unheard. As others have said, in the old days of crap crowds, atmosphere was often lacking for a lot of the time.

For me, this is much more about people feeling disenfranchised and less personally involved because of the increased crowds and changed demographics of who attends as it is anything else. 

Filbert street had a similar problem inside the ground, the noise and vocal support from both sides could be awesome, but TV Audio Hardley picked it up.

many fans who went & home, & saw MOTD,or Big Match, would be One of the First discussion in Monday mornings...

A couple of seasons, consistently TV companies they relocated equipment,then there was a small Rebuild ( The new  can  /Business Boxes I believe)..

Then they again relocated & it Returned to that muffle-sound...

Radio didnt seem to have the same problem...

I knew and was quite Close to some of the Radio techs ( only a few) at the time , TV then got priority, they tried a few postions, where Pictures were the priority,

but also struggled ,because of Safety & Club priorities. Front of West stand, back & sides of the West stand...

Then a temporary gantry ,until a more permanent stabile ( with a shakey-bit) gantry found its way on the roof.

Which I believe still had to be Worked on,on gamedays...

When earlier the Cameras & simple then later improved Audio-tech, were more forward ( odd occasions), The crowd, chants & singing,could be well heard.

One Time back in the semi-civilised days,  humerously ( black humour) though for the Club embarrasing, a certain 2-3chants echoed & Vibrated around

the ground & through the nations screens...

# The Snobs are going home......( When members stand emptied on  88-89 minutes )

# The Coppers came in Two by two....( When coppers, Not stewards came out punctually surrounding  the Field ,at end of game)

# Harry roberts, is our friend, He k.c, 2 by 2....( ¢¢ Not Really nice, But travelling fans, got pssed off over seasons where Police rough-shod, with indiference

the father-son,Family- groups majority of decent fans.were  unnecessarily nasty threatened while accompanied

around trains/bus walks to & from stadiums) ***

*** This is where Colonel- bogey ( Bridge over the River kwai) found its first Football-fans soundings

¢¢ These Groups had nothing to do with the seperate Hooligan mobs or organisations.

The police knew which trains/busses had been highlighted for the potential street-fighters, but it was these naughties

that often took up the Moral & immoral complaints with humerous but also brutal Terrace- chants....Obviously The various S.Kops

around the Country had their Song & Chant Inspirational source.Nasty

Filbert street atmosphere had Acoustic problems, when the Sound Couldnt lift itself over the Stadium roof, even when the gentle-fan  still

came home horse..

30 minutes ago, FoxesTez said:

The Zaha chant that was aired yesterday was pathetic. Let’s not have a repeat of that in every away end please. 

This. Heard a lot of clubs singing it recently (Villa about Ronaldo, Derby about Sharp) and hope it dies out quickly as it is completely baseless, slanderous drivel.

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

What was it 

‘Leicester boys are on a bender, Wilfred Zaha is a sex offender.’

Sadly one of the loudest and most regular chants from the away end yesterday. Other clubs have been singing it, so imagine our fans will do the same and just replace the player name every week. 

20 minutes ago, FoxesTez said:

‘Leicester boys are on a bender, Wilfred Zaha is a sex offender.’

Sadly one of the loudest and most regular chants from the away end yesterday. Other clubs have been singing it, so imagine our fans will do the same and just replace the player name every week. 

Good to see we’ve picked another rent a chant and an absolute horrific one at that 

• Like 1