Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

Serious question …. And apologies as it must have been a topic in the past. But where do we think we rank in the Prem for home atmosphere.

Most away games I go to, I genuinely think the home support is pretty pants unless teams get a goal infront and have something to genuine cheer for. I mean, are we any worse than most home supporters?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Serious question …. And apologies as it must have been a topic in the past. But where do we think we rank in the Prem for home atmosphere.

Most away games I go to, I genuinely think the home support is pretty pants unless teams get a goal infront and have something to genuine cheer for. I mean, are we any worse than most home supporters?

Down there at the bottom with Everton etc at the moment. Apart from the tourist clubs I can't think of a team that has so many 'fans' leave early regardless of whether the game's close or not.

And yes, before they all get on at me - I know they need to beat the traffic for whatever excuse they all come up with every week. They pay their money, we've no right to judge them, blah blah blah.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, MalletFox said:

95% of our support at home is just people mindlessly slapping a piece of folded cardboard. Don't think we can ever claim to have a decent support whilst still using those things to generate an "atmosphere". They had their day post-title and arguably should have been sacked off as publicly as Ranieri.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MalletFox said:

I don't know, but others being crap is frequently used as an excuse for us to be just as bad.

11 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

No way, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Everton, Brighton, Watford, saints, Burnley, Newcastle all worse off the top of my head. I’d imagine Spurs are too but I’ve not been to a home game at their new place 

I guess people should compare with away games we have been so far. West Ham (they probably had a decent support but the game helped). Norwich, I thought they were quiet considering they used to have a good atmosphere. Brighton, heard they weren't very noisy even though they bossed us. Palace seemed better than us.

You have to compare atmosphere in average games, not when a team is winning 3/4-0. We aren't great but I agree, there is still worse. The PL in general has killed atmospheres. Gone are the days of 15/20 years ago. Europe is well ahead nowadays.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I guess people should compare with away games we have been so far. West Ham (they probably had a decent support but the game helped). Norwich, I thought they were quiet considering they used to have a good atmosphere. Brighton, heard they weren't very noisy even though they bossed us. Palace seemed better than us.

You have to compare atmosphere in average games, not when a team is winning 3/4-0. We aren't great but I agree, there is still worse. The PL in general has killed atmospheres. Gone are the days of 15/20 years ago. Europe is well ahead nowadays.

Good point, can’t really argue with any of that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Exactly that! My honest opinion is, having done a good few away days over the years …. I’m not entirely sure that there is a ground in the country that has a genuinely “good atmosphere” consistently. That was partially why I wanted to ask the question.

All the biggest grounds are ridiculously bad! Anfield on Boxing Day,

Etihad for Kompany’s winner,

Old Trafford has been poor every single time I’ve been other than when they score.

Same with Stamford Bridge etc etc etc 

In Europe the fan bases are a lot more fanatical, and of course, they are big games for the clubs so you would expect the atmospheres to be decent. Over here I’m not sure where actually has a really good home support, and we fall into that pot too, no better and not necessarily any worse I wouldn’t have thought?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yep, bottom 3 certainly. 

With who? 

Our standards have dropped but I'm not sure how you can say we're bottom 3 when we've not visited most grounds for pushing two years. West Ham is the only league away game this year where the atmosphere has been better imo and they've got twice the numbers, are on a rare high and they were on top for all of that particular game.

48 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Exactly that! My honest opinion is, having done a good few away days over the years …. I’m not entirely sure that there is a ground in the country that has a genuinely “good atmosphere” consistently. That was partially why I wanted to ask the question.

All the biggest grounds are ridiculously bad! Anfield on Boxing Day,

Etihad for Kompany’s winner,

Old Trafford has been poor every single time I’ve been other than when they score.

Same with Stamford Bridge etc etc etc 

In Europe the fan bases are a lot more fanatical, and of course, they are big games for the clubs so you would expect the atmospheres to be decent. Over here I’m not sure where actually has a really good home support, and we fall into that pot too, no better and not necessarily any worse I wouldn’t have thought?

Agreed, it's pretty much across the board. I feel like Leeds have a good atmosphere but again, could be a misconception.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I know it's the done thing to moan about the lack of atmosphere, largely by the fans who watch on TV and say its quiet, but on a positive note our away ends have been awesome. Properly noisy, good atmosphere, not that much moaning or booing. Amazing really given the results but Norwich and Palace were very good ends. Brighton was a bit flat but a difficult one to get to for most.

Hilariously I got asked to sit down at Brighton, along with 3 others by a mother and 3 young boys. We were polite and offered to swap seats. She said she didn't want to as she wanted to sit in the seat they bought. Proper coach 1 behavior 🤣🤣🤣. The child then sat on the seat because even then he could see over my mates head.

7 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

No way, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Everton, Brighton, Watford, saints, Burnley, Newcastle all worse off the top of my head. I’d imagine Spurs are too but I’ve not been to a home game at their new place 

I'm sorry, but these are comfortably better than ours. 

You could say I'm biased because I only experience Leicester's home and away ends, but I'd say Brighton is about on par. We've got a lot more to shout about than the other teams, but our atmosphere is pathetic. We turn on a manager who guided us to the FA Cup just 5 months ago and boo our own players. The noise level just isn't there and it's no surprise that other clubs sing "your support is ****ing shit" every game. You could say that's every home team, but it isn't the case. Everton are a miserable lot and very quiet at times, but they're far far more partizan than we ever will be and when they get behind the side, the noise is impressive. The Gladwys St End looks great too. 

Like Brighton, Watford and Southampton we're a family-friendly club foremost and it's no coincidence that these clubs also have the most sterile atmospheres. Even the 1500 or so Burnley fans that turned up last week didn't really stop singing and for our fans that blame the atmosphere on Rodgers' football, imagine having to watch Dyche's. 

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
17 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Or making accusations against perfectly normal human beings of being sex offenders 

In Ronaldo's case?

10 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I'm sorry, but these are comfortably better than ours. 

You could say I'm biased because I only attend Leicester's home matches, but I'd say Brighton is about on par. We've got a lot more to shout about than the other teams, but our atmosphere is pathetic. We turn on a manager who guided us to the FA Cup just 5 months ago and boo our own players. The noise level just isn't there and it's no surprise that other clubs sing "your support is ****ing shit" every game. You could say that's every home team, but it isn't the case. Everton are a miserable lot and very quiet at times, but they're far far more partizan than we ever will be and when they get behind the side, the noise is impressive. The Gladwys St End looks great too. 

Like Brighton, Watford and Southampton we're a family-friendly club foremost and it's no coincidence that these clubs also have the most sterile atmospheres. Even the 1500 or so Burnley fans that turned up last week didn't really stop singing and for our fans that blame the atmosphere on Rodgers' football, imagine having to watch Dyche's. 

lollollol

I think you're getting mixed up with appearance rather than actual noise/atmosphere. Yes our clappers are cringey but if you've been any of these grounds recently you can't honestly believe they're better than ours. Man City can be decent but that's unsurprising.

• Like 2