Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I'm sorry, but these are comfortably better than ours. 

You could say I'm biased because I only attend Leicester's home matches, but I'd say Brighton is about on par. 

What you wrote here really reminded me of this guy.

Screenshot_20211005-133734_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

29 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

You could say I'm biased because I only attend Leicester's home matches, but I'd say Brighton is about on par. We've got a lot more to shout about than the other teams, but our atmosphere is pathetic. We turn on a manager who guided us to the FA Cup just 5 months ago and boo our own players. The noise level just isn't there and it's no surprise that other clubs sing "your support is ****ing shit" every game. You could say that's every home team, but it isn't the case. Everton are a miserable lot and very quiet at times, but they're far far more partizan than we ever will be and when they get behind the side, the noise is impressive. The Gladwys St End looks great too. 

Like Brighton, Watford and Southampton we're a family-friendly club foremost and it's no coincidence that these clubs also have the most sterile atmospheres. Even the 1500 or so Burnley fans that turned up last week didn't really stop singing and for our fans that blame the atmosphere on Rodgers' football, imagine having to watch Dyche's. 

Arsenal and Chelsea no chance. I’ve been there every time city have played there since 2014 and it’s bland. Likewise i often get corporate tickets too. 30-50% arrive in the tenth minute, talk about work  until the 75th minute, then go home. If you think our lot turn on players/managers, go to Everton when it goes slightly badly or Newcastle now. Toxic. Spurs are a joke. Burnley barely fill half the ground, and it’s mostly Man U fans anyway 

10 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Arsenal and Chelsea no chance. I’ve been there every time city have played there since 2014 and it’s bland. Likewise i often get corporate tickets too. 30-50% arrive in the tenth minute, talk about work  until the 75th minute, then go home. If you think our lot turn on players/managers, go to Everton when it goes slightly badly or Newcastle now. Toxic. Spurs are a joke. Burnley barely fill half the ground, and it’s mostly Man U fans anyway 

Arsenal and Chelsea also have the worst variety of songs. People say we copy too many, but they can't even be arsed to do that 

There be not a duller argument or discussion in the world than people trying to thrash out who has the best/worst atmosphere.

Not only do you actually not have a clue, it's so tiresome. Arsenal's atmosphere is 100x better against Spurs than at home to Burnley.

The atmosphere you hear on TV or in the away end is entirely different to what others experience in other parts. Trying to rank teams or "top 10 bottom 10" bollocks is just absolute guff.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

lollollol

I think you're getting mixed up with appearance rather than actual noise/atmosphere. Yes our clappers are cringey but if you've been any of these grounds recently you can't honestly believe they're better than ours. Man City can be decent but that's unsurprising.

Yep, Everton's is crap but I think you're underestimating how little it takes to be better than the ours at the moment. 

I went for the Carabao Cup QF a couple of years ago and the noise when they got a goal back was louder than anything I'd heard at our place since the Champions League games. Ours was great for the Napoli tie, but 90% of the time it is dogshit. We've got two really small singing zones that can't hear each other. The Union FS lads try their best but if the Kop doesn't join then the other side of the ground won't hear it and vice versa. L1 can rarely be arsed and the rest of the ground are mutes unless it involves using a clapper. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yep, Everton's is crap but I think you're underestimating how little it takes to be better than the ours at the moment. 

I went for the Carabao Cup QF a couple of years ago and the noise when they got a goal back was louder than anything I'd heard at our place since the Champions League games. Ours was great for the Napoli tie, but 90% of the time it is dogshit. We've got two really small singing zones that can't hear each other. The Union FS lads try their best but if the Kop doesn't join then the other side of the ground won't hear it and vice versa. L1 can rarely be arsed and the rest of the ground are mutes unless it involves using a clapper. 

Support isn't making a loud noise when you score but doing nothing the rest of the game as they did that night though. I hate them, but I'd sooner have happy clappers joining in all game, than nothing but a celebration when we score. Goodison is genuinely the quietest ground I've been in the prem when we went there in 2014/15. I couldn't believe it.

I'm not understimating how poor/poorer the atmosphere is at the moment, but I think people are so disappointed in ours and frustrated in where they want it to be that they're making out others are more impressive than they actually are when we're still somewhere up there on our day.

The difference in our support for both the FA Cup final and community shield was miles ahead of Chelsea and Man City for example

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

There be not a duller argument or discussion in the world than people trying to thrash out who has the best/worst atmosphere.

Not only do you actually not have a clue, it's so tiresome. Arsenal's atmosphere is 100x better against Spurs than at home to Burnley.

The atmosphere you hear on TV or in the away end is entirely different to what others experience in other parts. Trying to rank teams or "top 10 bottom 10" bollocks is just absolute guff.

You’ve pretty much summed up

social media there. People that don’t have a clue debating a pointless topic for no reason. Welcome to the 21st century! Also I’d argue it’s not that tiresome a topic/you really don’t have much on if you got to page 7 of the thread and responded with comments suggesting you’re abreast of most of previous comments 

5 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Support isn't making a loud noise when you score but doing nothing the rest of the game as they did that night though. I hate them, but I'd sooner have happy clappers joining in all game, than nothing but a celebration when we score. Goodison is genuinely the quietest ground I've been in the prem when we went there in 2014/15. I couldn't believe it.

I'm not understimating how poor/poorer the atmosphere is at the moment, but I think people are so disappointed in ours and frustrated in where they want it to be that they're making out others are more impressive than they actually are when we're still somewhere up there on our day.

The difference in our support for both the FA Cup final and community shield was miles ahead of Chelsea and Man City for example

Absolutely agree with the last line. 

As for the top, I think Everton are mutes for most part but so are we. The booing of the Maddison sub really pissed me off and I can't imagine that many fanbases doing it having won the FA Cup just a few months before.

I'd get it if everyone was Rodgers out and we were 5-0 down, but it was so fickle and pathetic. The only audible noise we make is whinging. You'll get that with Newcastle/Bruce, but they've hated him for years lol 

Sorry to be 'that person' but isn't this really due to a combination of 2 factors:

1) We are now an established PL club being in the PL is no longer a novelty and as such we are less up for it than we were after first arriving. Plus, first 2 years we were fighting to stay up and then fighting for the title

2) (more significantly) the number of dare I say it plastics who have decided they are LCFC fans now we are seen as a top team but don't know the songs and if they do don't bother singing them because ultimately they aren't that bothered.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

You could say I'm biased because I only attend Leicester's home matches, but I'd say Brighton is about on par. We've got a lot more to shout about than the other teams, but our atmosphere is pathetic. We turn on a manager who guided us to the FA Cup just 5 months ago and boo our own players. The noise level just isn't there and it's no surprise that other clubs sing "your support is ****ing shit" every game. You could say that's every home team, but it isn't the case. Everton are a miserable lot and very quiet at times, but they're far far more partizan than we ever will be and when they get behind the side, the noise is impressive. The Gladwys St End looks great too. 

Like Brighton, Watford and Southampton we're a family-friendly club foremost and it's no coincidence that these clubs also have the most sterile atmospheres. Even the 1500 or so Burnley fans that turned up last week didn't really stop singing and for our fans that blame the atmosphere on Rodgers' football, imagine having to watch Dyche's. 

You talking about Everton got me thinking about another factor in the atmosphere, quite a big one. The stadium! Our big bowl requires a lot more effort to get an atmosphere going than say a ground like Everton's which is old and tightly packed. Again, not an excuse but a further contributing factor. I am sure there are a couple of grounds in the PL that benefit from the structure of the ground.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Ronnie, not to be intentionally dismissive, but if you don’t go to away games you probably aren’t the best placed to have an informed opinion on home atmospheres.

Watching on the TV gives you absolutely no real idea as to what the atmosphere is like as the broadcasters literally crank the volume up!!!! Arsenal is unbelievably bad, I’ve been a couple of times and they are mutes. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Ronnie, not to be intentionally dismissive, but if you don’t go to away games you probably aren’t the best placed to have an informed opinion on home atmospheres.

Watching on the TV gives you absolutely no real idea as to what the atmosphere is like as the broadcasters literally crank the volume up!!!! Arsenal is unbelievably bad, I’ve been a couple of times and they are mutes. 

I've worded that appallingly lol I do go to away games - what I meant to say is that I obviously don't observe the atmospheres from other team's home ends.

Edited by RonnieTodger

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Arsenal and Chelsea also have the worst variety of songs. People say we copy too many, but they can't even be arsed to do that 

Arsenal and Chelsea would absolutely p*ss all over us regarding songs. 

WYS is still done really badly and our songs for players are dreadful. 

Shouting Schmeichel at Kasper is pretty shit, considering how long he's been with us and what he's achieved and the Vardy song was nicked from Kevin Ball, the ex Sunderland player from the 90's (I think, might have Been done even before that) 

Ronnie Todger has been pretty spot on, on most stuff imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Thing is a lot of these ground are poor when we go there because we're not a pull for the big clubs and so there's little to no needle to the atmosphere. You can't compare Man Utd or Man City's worst against our best for example. Compare Chelsea or Arsenal's home atmosphere to ours when we play Burnley or Palace for example. 

That being said Man Utd now have a 3000 strong singing section that lads are litteraly falling over each other to get into. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Shouting Schmeichel at Kasper is pretty shit, considering how long he's been with us and what he's achieved and the Vardy song was nicked from Kevin Ball, the ex Sunderland player from the 90's (I think, might have Been done even before that) 

Are there any examples of these Arsenal or Chelsea songs because genuinely I've only heard them sing 3 different 'songs' between them. 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This. Even Brighton and Norwich have a proper end, even Watford manage it sometimes. 

If when the expansion happens and the away fans move around and could be spilt over the two tiers killing L1.

could M1 be the new home? Theirs a singing section in there for Brighton so if club agreed everyone who wants to sing (and stand with safe standing) move into that block (then more will fill further along the goal over time). That’s probably the best hope this club has as they don’t have to kick anyone out of the seats they have.

Union FS guys at the front with all the L/K guys further back in the block could be a great idea. Especially if both have to move.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Not doubting you but you’ve clearly had a different experience to me at both these grounds, bearing in mind I’ve sat in the home end for quite a few matches at both clubs including big league, cup and European games. Arsenal only sing about s**t and Tottenham, Chelsea just don’t sing apart from when they’re getting back on the tube at Fulham Broadway 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

If when the expansion happens and the away fans move around and could be spilt over the two tiers killing L1.

could M1 be the new home? Theirs a singing section in there for Brighton so if club agreed everyone who wants to sing (and stand with safe standing) move into that block (then more will fill further along the goal over time). That’s probably the best hope this club has as they don’t have to kick anyone out of the seats they have.

Union FS guys at the front with all the L/K guys further back in the block could be a great idea. Especially if both have to move.

I think the away end is staying as it is isn’t it?

Ours just can't be bothered in the main. We can use the crap football now as an excuse all we like but the place was hardly rocking when Rodgers first came in and had us in the top two and cup semi-finals.

We're far more likely to make it a miserable atmosphere than a partisan one.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I don't tend to do aways these days but I do have the occasional snoop around other fans forums and it seems to me that lack of atmosphere isn't unique to us. 

Most home atmosphere's are terrible. I've said it before but the last home atmosphere I was impressed with was Huddersfield after their promotion.

People like to take the piss out of Anfield (because their atmosphere gets spoken about a lot) but everybody is on par. Teams will come to our place and be loud, particularly Man Utd in a couple weeks (and I'm usually impressed with Leeds, Chelsea, Spurs, Villa) but switch it round and they're quiet as we are (granted I haven't been Elland Road for a decade now but have got tickets for our game there next month). People go on about St James' Park but it's literally one of the quietest grounds I've ever been too, they're more interesting in booing. Man City are the best team in the league, so much to sing about, and they're quiet (I wasn't even impressed with them the other week when they visited us).

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Most home atmosphere's are terrible. I've said it before but the last home atmosphere I was impressed with was Huddersfield after their promotion.

People like to take the piss out of Anfield (because their atmosphere gets spoken about a lot) but everybody is on par. Teams will come to our place and be loud, particularly Man Utd in a couple weeks (and I'm usually impressed with Leeds, Chelsea, Spurs, Villa) but switch it round and they're quiet as we are (granted I haven't been Elland Road for a decade now but have got tickets for our game there next month). People go on about St James' Park but it's literally one of the quietest grounds I've ever been too, they're more interesting in booing. Man City are the best team in the league, so much to sing about, and they're quiet (I wasn't even impressed with them the other week when they visited us).

Agree with most of that. I’ve been to anfield to watch Leicester twice, pretty quiet. But I also went once to watch them against Chelsea as I got free tickets, a ‘big’ game for them, it was absolutely rocking. Most of the ground in unison