Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Support and atmosphere

Poor again last night. I know we love an excuse but it's very hard to get excited about this brand of football currently. 

There were a couple of bright spots but overall it's the usuals slogging their guts out for 90 minutes and then mindless bashing of clappers from a good chunk of the rest. The ground is absolutely stuck in a rut and needs a serious shake up. 

The North East corner being totally out sung by 200 Russian ex pats I think sums things up. 

• Like 3

I had a group of older women sat behind me and spent the entire game talking about general life and who's been ill and who's been up to what etc etc. Talked about everything other than football. Genuinely no idea why people pay money to watch football when they clearly have zero interest in football. Really bizarre and the atmosphere again was crap last night. I'm not one to call people out for not chanting/singing etc but I draw the line at people just having general chit chat in the middle of a game. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deano79 said:

Atmosphere was good in Sk1. Union boys and girls was on top form 👍🏼  Game was crap though

Agreed I was in sk1 and the people and the back were in great voice. I was sat further towards the front of sk1 and had not one single person other than me and my nephew trying to join in with the chants. Just a group of older women chatting general chit chat for the whole game. Absolutely did my head in 

It was bad. The football didn't help but neither do the accoustics. K block and Union FS are always completely out of time with one another because of it. There are then no other hardcore groups of singing fans sitting together anywhere else in the stadium (forgive me if I'm wrong) so 90% of the stadium doesn't know which song or part of a song they should be joining in with. If they do manage to "join in" there's effectively an a capella with the latter parts being sung half heartedly and it inevitably fizzles out.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
39 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Would be nice if we could have a bit more positivity regardless of win, lose or draw and less boos. 

You know, always back the lads, through the good and the bad. 

Our fanbase is currently one of the most entitled out there. You only have to listen to some of the posts on here.

43 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Would be nice if we could have a bit more positivity regardless of win, lose or draw and less boos. 

You know, always back the lads, through the good and the bad. 

This is the thing, I don't mind people venting after the game but why not back them during the match - try and affect a positive performance yourself if the team are looking a bit shakey. It can make all the difference.

31 minutes ago, FuriousFox46 said:

It’s hard to get fired up for a team that refuses to run :dunno:

Then why not get up for the many, many other reasons there are? Use your voice to encourage your own team, distract the opposition and try and get them over the line when they're having an off day?

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

This is the thing, I don't mind people venting after the game but why not back them during the match - try and affect a positive performance yourself if the team are looking a bit shakey. It can make all the difference.

Then why not get up for the many, many other reasons there are? Use your voice to encourage your own team, distract the opposition and try and get them over the line when they're having an off day?

See, I get all that but it goes both ways. Fans encourage the team and in return the team try and produce an entertaining and positive brand of football. Too often in the last six months people are seeing the team go backwards from attacking posoitions, make poor decisions and sometimes simply not work hard enough to get the ball back. After their goal last night I went from loud & vocal to slumped in my seat because there wasn't even a reaction from the players. They looked as resigned to it being one of those nights as the crowd were. A step up in tempo, a positive run, a crunching tackle would have changed all that.

14 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I will say this until the day they get rid of the damn things, the clappers have killed our atmophere and their time was up the day we went out of the Champions League. Last night the place should have been buzzing but it was flat as at any time in the last 5 years. People literally sit still and do jack all for 90 mins apart from slap bits of cardboard together and drown out the actual singing. They're embarrassing, counter-productive and for a club that wants to go net zero not very green (though I care much less about that last point :rolleyes: )

This. Vichai had a dream got belted out for about 5 seconds before the clappers started drowning it out. Absolutely awful, forgive me if this has come up but has anyone in contact with the club like UFS challenged the club about clappers?

It genuinely makes me and some of my mates not want to go.

10 minutes ago, iancognito said:

See, I get all that but it goes both ways. Fans encourage the team and in return the team try and produce an entertaining and positive brand of football. Too often in the last six months people are seeing the team go backwards from attacking posoitions, make poor decisions and sometimes simply not work hard enough to get the ball back. After their goal last night I went from loud & vocal to slumped in my seat because there wasn't even a reaction from the players. They looked as resigned to it being one of those nights as the crowd were. A step up in tempo, a positive run, a crunching tackle would have changed all that.

I do get that and it does become a struggle when we're playing like that, but at the same time we have to be realistic in knowing that off days happen because we support Leicester and not peak-Real Madrid. it was so weird seeing us push for a winner in stoppage time and seeing people stream out of the exits - knowing we were about to take a corner. I just don't get that attitude in the slightest, why would you want to miss that even if you're not interested in contributing vocally? Must be demoralising for the players to see there's so little faith in them at the times when they really need us to give them a gee up (or rocket up the arse) with some noise.

Edited by Voll Blau

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

I had a group of older women sat behind me and spent the entire game talking about general life and who's been ill and who's been up to what etc etc. Talked about everything other than football. Genuinely no idea why people pay money to watch football when they clearly have zero interest in football. Really bizarre and the atmosphere again was crap last night. I'm not one to call people out for not chanting/singing etc but I draw the line at people just having general chit chat in the middle of a game. 

They weren't old ladies, it was the coach 1 massive!!

4 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Not sure i'll even bother with any home game next season to be honest, it has actually come to that for me. 

I just don't see any common ground with the vast majority of supporters in that ground and that makes the whole thing really unenjoyable. 

Bye then.

(Best and most successful era of the club and people want to abandon ship? Bring back Holloway eh???)

• Like 1

To be fair L1 tried.

They belted out Ndid song for a good 15 mins in the second half and bits and Bob's.

Maybe the lack of away fans and how they are affects the general mood?

I'm probably  clutching  at straws.

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

To be fair L1 tried.

They belted out Ndid song for a good 15 mins in the second half and bits and Bob's.

Maybe the lack of away fans and how they are affects the general mood?

I'm probably  clutching  at straws.

They sang all game what more inspiration could anyone need? 

Yeah. The audacity of some

people to pay a fortune to go out with their friends and then expect to actually talk to them, too?! Shocking. They should be booked onto the next course at the institute of foul language, forthwith. 

I had a group of young girls (13/14) behind me who thought that this was a PL game😄 and that KDH was Maddison. 

Edited by sm1