Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Post milwall cup game 0-2 Leicester

38 minutes ago, Hack said:

Because he would have to unseat Vardy who is always good for goals also.  It is his bane to be behind the greatest ever Leicester player still playing well.  The only way to get him starting minutes is to play him together with Jamie.  That would need BR to play a formation that makes that work.

Not necessarily. He can absolutely play the number 10 role, it’s not like mads does any real defensive work.  It’s more aggressive but JM isn’t offering anything to us at the moment. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Iheanacho is honestly our best performer and has been for a long time. Consistently coming up with the goods. 

how on earth can he still be struggling for minutes. 

I think he’s simply too nice. He needs to be banging on Brens door tbh!!

Kelechi has easily been our best performer in 2021 (possibly only Wilf gets close) - How he's not in the team whilst others are way below form and our standard is bizarre. 

Lookman has to start too - The team at the moment more or less picks itself and has done for a few weeks - Brendan's team selections have not been good. 

Get your finger out Brendan 

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner

8 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I had quiche for dinner. Hang on. Are you my wife? You're much funnier on here than in real life.

Who scores when I quiche? It must be Lookman. Maybe the smoked almonds were a red herring.

You were on a roll last night - any recreational pharmaceuticals tickling your funny bone or just plain tap alcohol?

I watched 'Quest Carabao Cup on Request' last night to see the 'highlights'  but I must have sneezed or farted over long 'cos I missed the City game. Although, admittedly, I was channel-hopping between that and Sicario II.

If we could get a player who had the death-stare of Benicio del Torres and tackled like Walshy, then that's the level of aggression BR should be aiming for.

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

What the fans want at the weekend: Nacho and Lookman to start.

What Brendan will do at the weekend: start Perez and Maddison and bring on Nacho and Lookman on 70 mins when we are 2-0 down and Chris Wood has scored both. 

With a team talk of, in the first half lets keep it tight and not do anything stupid like shoot.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Brendan loves a rope-a-dope

Yep, was interesting listening to comments on lcfc radio about that. Seems BR could well like to play a cagey, containment game first half to make them work then up the tempo 2nd half when they're (supposedly) tired out. I'm not sure of that as a tactic nor a reality.  Dangerous stuff to sit on a 0-0 methinks, bidng your time until a perfect moment appears. Still, we won so I guess that's all that matters.

I watched some YT highlights, which mainly consisted of then lobbing the ball into our penalty area  - which was to be expected. We rode ourr luck maybe on one or two but we seemed otherwise to defend well.

A nice couple of well taken goals. Excellent ball from Ndidi to Tielemens for Nacho's comedy moment but he redeemed himself with a thumping finish for his goal.

That's the first time since (I think) a midweek FA Cup draw several years ago that I've not been able to find a stream.

Home to Brighton, happy with that. Definitely winnable.

Nacho says in his interview that he didn't really see Daka. Not sure what that means.

Still, either way, whilst I could understand Daka's keenness to open his account and contribute, nobody should be surprised when a striker takes a chance on, least of all another striker (Though I'm sure they equally can feel more p*ssed off by it, initially at least. After all, they want to score too)

Nah, whatever might have been genuine at the time will be water under the bridge now. Hopefully. With good management.

9 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I did say that Rodgers would play YOURI and ndidi , has he not learned nothing from the last two seasons, he will again run these two players into the ground in a game that really means shit all , we have much bigger fish to catch 

Wilf will get a rest for his red card...

If I was Iheanacho I would start to try everything in my power to leave the club. He is the only reason we even made it through the second half of last season and statistically was performing on the levels of Lewandowski. What more does Rodgers need to see from him? He is going to end up damaging the man's career. Play him behind Vardy in exchange for benching Maddison who has not been good for months. Rewarding bad form is a dangerous message to send to the players.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

He is going to end up damaging the man's career.

Really?

Regular international, getting a fair amount of time on the pitch, scoring goals, playing for a pretty successful club in probably the world’s top league, working with a very highly regarded coach, being paid a fortune. If that was where my career was at I wouldn’t be too worried.

Just now, Phil Bowman said:

Really?

Regular international, getting a fair amount of time on the pitch, scoring goals, playing for a pretty successful club in probably the world’s top league, working with a very highly regarded coach, being paid a fortune. If that was where my career was at I wouldn’t be too worried.

Well of course financially he will be fine. But your never going to get a move to a Bayern Munich type club when you don't even start for Leicester.

3 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Well of course financially he will be fine. But your never going to get a move to a Bayern Munich type club when you don't even start for Leicester.

I like Kelechi a lot, and you can‘t argue with his recent scoring record, but I think he’s too limited and often doesn’t do things quickly enough for him to ever play for a Bayern Munich type club.

1 hour ago, Phil Bowman said:

I like Kelechi a lot, and you can‘t argue with his recent scoring record, but I think he’s too limited and often doesn’t do things quickly enough for him to ever play for a Bayern Munich type club.

He isn't learning how on the bench he needs game time to be quick enough. Its fustrating for both him and the fans because there is clearly potential there.

12 hours ago, Hack said:

Because he would have to unseat Vardy who is always good for goals also.  It is his bane to be behind the greatest ever Leicester player still playing well.  The only way to get him starting minutes is to play him together with Jamie.  That would need BR to play a formation that makes that work.

....he did last season...!!!

We know the formation that was successful last season, it excluded Barnes and to some degree in rotation these situations happen. A 4-2-3-1 allows them to incorporate Barnes ,Nacho and Vardy but Nacho is in effect playing a second Strikers role not acting as the #10.

I would like to see a 4-3-3 up against certain teams and a more expansive formation in general (4-2-3-1) against most teams, but we play the format that allows us to get the result we are after, and not try to shoehorn players into teams for no discernible reason.

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Interesting that Daka didn’t seem to go over to Kelch after he scored…. I hope it’s not the early signs of a rift…..

Probably more to do with Patson having sprinted 65 yards to get up with Kel. He couldn't be arsed to sprint again when it was the perfect time to make the celebration last a very long time 

I thinking Brendan will drop Maddison to the bench Saturday with Nacho being on fine form, even Daka is on better form than madders at the moment with less game time ?

Really think Brendan will give madders a few games from the bench to either get his head right his injury rested or sorted, as some have noticed how he’s often seen on his haunches with a pained expression on his face, or just to sort his game out either way he needs to get back to his best as he’s certainly letting the team & fans down with his lacklustre performances?