Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Burnley 2 post match thread.

33 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Barnes will play himself into form, it's the kind of player he is

As I said if he was a Spaniard called Perez he'd be hung.

Apart from you agreeing that Barnes is below par, does the 'play himself into form' privilege apply to the rest of the squad?

I know what he can do but he's not doing it now.

3 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

If Barnes was a Spaniard called Perez and not one of our own he'd be hung up by now.

I've watched him since he was a kid inc at MK Dons, Barnsley and West Brom 

On current form he shouldn't be starting

7 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Apart from you agreeing that Barnes is below par, does the 'play himself into form' privilege apply to the rest of the squad?

You might have a point if Maddison wasn't getting so much stick, I don't see what being a Spaniard called Perez has to do with anything or are you trying to imply something else?

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Burnley aren't cannon fodder ,they are tough , determined bunch. Brighton could go top this afternoon. Nobody and I mean nobody is going to roll over for us this season and we had better get used to it.

If you want to make anything of your season, you have to be beating the likes of Burnley, especially at home.

A point at home against Burnley, and coming away with 0 points against Brighton is criminal. I'd usually look at the likes of Palace as a 3 pointer but on our current form, i don't actually see where our next win comes from if we play the way we are.

All teams are good in the Premier League, that's why they are there, but we have to be better, and so far, we aren't. We cant honestly look back and think we deserve to be in any better a position than we currently are. Yes the season is young, and there is plenty of time to come good, but such a bad start has left any aspirations of Europe next season quite ambitious.

Edited by adejo92

Just re-watched it. You can see how organised and reactive the Burnley defence are, so well drilled it’s difficult to break them down. Saying that without some of their last ditch blocks we coulda had 4. Trouble is we cannot defend at the min. We are bullied left,right and centre. Can’t decide if we’d be better in the dreaded three atm. What we can say is that we are creating and creating some decent chances.  But we have to sought the defence out of we are to have anything to play for. We need Wilf back to his best and not pass the halfway line lol  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Absolutely if they are a level above our other players and coming back from a long injury lay off

Just now, Bats8711 said:

I think at this point you have to say it would have been worth the extra £. 

I think Rodgers knew that if Tarkowski came he would have had to have been a starter and probably with Evans. That would have left Soyuncu and Fofana benched at least for EPL games. Verstagaard is not a guaranteed starter so less of a problem. Of course injuries to Evans and Fofana have changed all that.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think Rodgers knew that if Tarkowski came he would have had to have been a starter and probably with Evans. That would have left Soyuncu and Fofana benched at least for EPL games. Verstagaard is not a guaranteed starter so less of a problem. Of course injuries to Evans and Fofana have changed all that.

BS Vestagaard was 15m Tarkowski is/was 40m it is as simple as that we couldn’t afford 1 but could the other nothing else hidden into to it, no conspiracy just a simple maths issue 

24 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

BS Vestagaard was 15m Tarkowski is/was 40m it is as simple as that we couldn’t afford 1 but could the other nothing else hidden into to it, no conspiracy just a simple maths issue 

Maybe, but there was no way Tarkowski would come to us without being a starter and that meant somebody had to stand down. He and Evans would have made an excellent duo I reckon, sadly never to be.

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Maybe, but there was no way Tarkowski would come to us without being a starter and that meant somebody had to stand down. He and Evans would have made an excellent duo I reckon, sadly never to be.

I think he would as I’m sure we are a bloody attractive option for players.

I certainly would have preferred him but sadly financially we couldn’t do it. 
We are really missing Lil Wes atm him and Evans would have made us solid 

3 minutes ago, davebenn999 said:

Literally a side everyone on here was calling for, yet its still Brendans fault we  didn't win. 

Yeah but honestly I don't want a manager who listens to the fans' tactics. I mean, some know what they're talking about, but football management shouldn't be management by consensus.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Exactly the point I made in a post. He isn't sweeping the defensive midfield. Positionally he is not disciplined enough for me. He isn't a box to box or even central midfielder. His strength is being destructive, which should allow Youri to control affairs more centrally. 

...doesn't that come down to the way Rodgers has chosen to deploy him!!!

A midfield three is something that we have needed in order to be competitive in this league but if your manager chooses to make a pigs ear of the talent he has acquired then there is nothing that anyone can do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I dunno mate 😂😂

Barnes was very frustrating yesterday but he did so much more than I think Perez could ever do.

Watched this behind the goal we attacked in first half. Could easily have ended 5-2. Sure mistakes and misses throughout from the makeshift defense. But also some things, moves that clicked and were very good. Watched it again today on tv and felt the same, much more good than bad. It’s early days and on balance we look like we will slowly get better, and please let’s get luckier plus less daft decisions, which should even-up hopefully when we need them most. 

• Like 4

Gave it some time before typing. So I could calm down. Yesterday was so frustrating. So many things pissed me off 

Kasper - Honestly what was going on with his distribution. All over the place.

Vestergard - had patches of good play but overall wasn't great. Don't know why we continued to play a high line. Burnley put balls over the top all game.

Bertrand - why is he ahead of Thomas. Always thought Thomas looked decent for us.

Pereira - still not the player he was before injury. Worse player on the pitch first half. He's really gotta get back into shape 

Barnes - another frustrating player, you can see he has raw pace and is a talented kid but I fear he will go down the same route as Gray. 

Lookman - what a player. Best player on the pitch. Furious he was subbed off. Saying he went off cause he was tired and lacks fitness? Even tired he was still best player on the pitch. Take him off when he is ineffective. Won't get match fit sat on the bench.

Nacho - what must he do to start? We have to find a way to play him and Vardy. Put him in the 10. Far more effective than Madison at this moment In time.

Biggest frustration of them all. Burnley and their dogshit time wasting. Honestly it was beyond embarrassing. Pope taken the longest goal kicks ever. Had a massive smile on his face walking towards us behind the goal when Wood scored. VAR soon wiped that off.

The sooner Evans, Fofana and Justin get back the better. Get Amartey on the pitch also. Far better than Vestergard

• Like 1

we defended awfully and yet their Xg was 0.5

maybe one of those days where Xg doesn’t tell the whole story - that kind of number normally means you’ve had a ‘defensive deckchair day’.  

I’d be more inclined to say that a better side would have created a lot more chances against us - but did we set up like we did because we were confident they wouldn’t create those opportunities