Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Burnley 2 post match thread.

Basically, we're not ManC and we can't play out from the back. As soon as we get a goal kick or KS has the ball in his hands we get pressed into making mistakes. That said, Kasper's kicking is very (literally) hit and miss. So, is there a middle way? It seems at times the LB an RB's are slow in their decision making or they can't find an outlet as the midfield seem to sit too deep. Vesty has a chicken head under pressure and is about as strong as bamboo. Something odd has overcome Soyuncu who was pretty strong last season. I guess the in and out of Evans hasn't helped and little Wes is a big miss. It's a shame we don't have equivalent players in the squad to fill those big boots. We have a squad but we don't have suitable back-up. I can't understand why Ian doesn't start unless he's being used to scare the opposition in the last 30 mins. That's fine if we are already on top but to expect him to fit into the game so late is probably too much for him. He needs to start and grow into the game. That's when he can understand defences and and anticipate situations and develop an awareness of where he should be to receive the ball and have a go at goal.

Brendan will thank me for this insight. 

I thought Verstergaard was poor. Very slow in his passing and for a big man surprisingly easy to push off the ball.

He wasn’t the only one though. Barnes was disappointing, as was Schmeichel. 

Personally I was worried the moment I saw we were playing Ndidi and Soumare together again. Needlessly defensive against Burnley at home. 

The Lookman substitution was bizarre. I just couldn’t understand it. 

We will come good, but Rodgers has a lot to answer for in his team selection again today. 

2 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Being honest he's a brilliant shot stopper but he has never really authoritatively commanded the box and his distribution can be a real liability. Still amazed at that considering his experience. 

....he used to do that but changed his game to stay on the line!!!

I suppose he looked at his game and came to the conclusion that he needed to change the way he played, for better percentages. He punched a lot and was effective and also came for crosses, and it takes some self awareness to re-invent his game.

We have been woeful at home for so long now (check out the results) because every visiting team know how we are going to play, know our weaknesses and flaws (e.g. trying to slowly play our way out from the back, giving the ball away in dangerous positions, rubbish at set pieces at both ends etc etc) and our manager is too stubborn or inflexible to change it or even just occasionally mix it up a bit.

Yes, a lot of our players are massively underperforming this season and Fofana is an excruciating loss, but the essence of the problem is that we are too predictable, cautious, and easy to play against. And that is on Rodgers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, blaaklint said:

for all that we looked shaky at the back. did burnley really create any good chances? the finish for their goal was excellent but wasnt a fantastic opportunity

No they didn’t create anything, despite our poor defence… again it was down to not being tight to their attackers, seem that we always want to stand off the man. The first goal is a complete freak 

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Yeah it’s all Rodgers fault that wes broke his leg and Ricardo tore his acl 

No it’s Rodgers fault that he is persisting with the same passive/reactive crap every week. It does not matter what team he puts out at the moment our pedestrian style of play that never turns defences and allows them to set themselves for every attack is NOT working. We are trying to be too precise with everything we do but the problem is that the players are so tentative and low on confidence it’s not going to work.

We are going to struggle to avoid the drop this season. Loved to be proved wrong.

• Haha 2

Just now, I blame Wellens said:

No it’s Rodgers fault that he is persisting with the same passive/reactive crap every week. It does not matter what team he puts out at the moment our pedestrian style of play that never turns defences and allows them to set themselves for every attack is NOT working. We are trying to be too precise with everything we do but the problem is that the players are so tentative and low on confidence it’s not going to work.

We are going to struggle to avoid the drop this season. Loved to be proved wrong.

You will be proven wrong.

• Like 4

Just now, I blame Wellens said:

Cheers lad, that made me laugh 🤣

4 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

for all that we looked shaky at the back. did burnley really create any good chances? the finish for their goal was excellent but wasnt a fantastic opportunity

Chances? No, probably not, but isn't that the crux of the point?

You don't need to against us, we're too easy to play against.

Were they more attacking than us? They went forward more yes.

Were they more efficient with the ball? Yes, far more positive.

So in the game I watched we dominated from start to finish and their goals came from nowhere in the form of a fluke own goal and blummin typically a volley that had to be bang on target (we had countless similar efforts that sadly were blocked).   Frustrating yes.  Gave the ball away a lot yes...but then that happened in trying to push the ball forward quickly - something people moan about if they don't try it.  We need a bit of the luck to come our way, what with own goals, disallowed goals and awful refereeing performances.  Whatever you think of maddison - booing him is simply going to make everything worse.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

We give the ball away needlessly too often.

We move the ball too slowly.

Burnley are an awful side to play against. 

Not a rant, an observation. 

Move on. 

I would say we use the ball to quickly and our brains to slowly, a poor combination

28 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I thought Verstergaard was poor. Very slow in his passing and for a big man surprisingly easy to push off the ball.

He wasn’t the only one though. Barnes was disappointing, as was Schmeichel. 

Personally I was worried the moment I saw we were playing Ndidi and Soumare together again. Needlessly defensive against Burnley at home. 

The Lookman substitution was bizarre. I just couldn’t understand it. 

We will come good, but Rodgers has a lot to answer for in his team selection again today. 

Soumare isn’t a defensive player. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Chances? No, probably not, but isn't that the crux of the point?

You don't need to against us, we're too easy to play against.

Were they more attacking than us? They went forward more yes.

Were they more efficient with the ball? Yes, far more positive.

We had 22 shots to their 9, so how do you work that out. :appl:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1