Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Burnley 2 post match thread.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We had 22 shots to their 9, so how do you work that out. :appl:

With nearly 70% possession compared to 30% I should think so and the rest.

As I said when they got the ball they went forward, they were more efficient.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

I understand why Rodgers didn't want to play Ihenacho as he's wants to control the midfield, and worried it becomes like a basketball game if we have so many forwards. But the reality was Ndidi looked unsure of his role with Soumare alongside him, and we looked at our most comfortable in a 4-2-3-1 with Ndidi and Tielemans as deep-lying midfielders, with Ihenacho linking midfield to attack.

.....I am not sure how Rodgers sees Ndidi but I get the feeling he is attempting to get him to play in a way that he is not suited to!!!

He seems to be overly involved in our play going forward and he does not need to be, he needs to be giving cover to our defence as we push players forward. He has no need to be competing with Soumare as they are not there to play the same roles, with the three in the middle Ndidi will be the one furthest back with Soumare and Tielemans further forward. Soumare can come and take the ball from the Backline and advance our play and support Tielemans workload, there is no reason for those roles to cause conflicts as each should know their respective roles.

There is literally no deterrent to time wasting. Not one yellow card for Burnley or adequate time added on. They were at it as soon as they went a goal up. 

That doesn’t excuse our performance though. We got at them which was good to see but the amount of unforced errors was staggering. Schmeichel needs to chill the **** out when we go a goal down. He thinks he’s Pirlo and then hoofs it out for a thrown in or dinks it to their midfield. 

Staggered at the decision not to start Kelechi, but Rodgers and Maddison deserve better than being booed. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

We basically need to stop pratting about at the back and start playing some more direct football like we used to. This compete obsession we seem to have with having to play out from the back constantly. It was lethal today against Burnley for christ sake, imagine it against a top 4 team. We need to stop pretending we are something that we aren't because we are not a possession team.

I had the same conversation with the guy sitting next to me. We fvck around trying to play ourselves out of danger, trying to keep a hold of the ball in areas of the pitch that puts more pressure on us instead of helping and we end up giving it away anyway. We’re not that type of team. We’re not good enough to do that. Sometimes a massive hoof upfield works to our advantage especially when we have a very quick attacking line.

• Like 2

I think its pretty damning that one of the worst defences last season in Southampton have transferred to us and Rodgers is surprised there’s been defensive frailty. If Evans is on the bench surely he’s comfortable playing? Castagne and Lookman looked solid and linked up well, we need to start with Nacho and Vardy or we riot

42 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

for all that we looked shaky at the back. did burnley really create any good chances? the finish for their goal was excellent but wasnt a fantastic opportunity

I thought we massively rode our luck on 2 occasions before the Vardy own goal where although they weren't full chances  had Burnley got the shots off we could well have been in trouble. Awful defending.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought we massively rode our luck on 2 occasions before the Vardy own goal where although they weren't full chances  had Burnley got the shots off we could well have been in trouble. Awful defending.

When I saw the substitution board after halftime, I was sure it was going to be Vestergaard off and Evans on ... He was so painfully slow, I panicked during every transition from offense to defense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let’s not forget that we should have scored first - vards messes up that header once in fifty 

we looked dodgy as hell at the back but how many good saves did kasper make?  How many last ditch blocks did we put in?  They made 2 in the first half hour which we would have expected to score from. We went forward way better than previous games - we just looked so exposed at the back to simple forward passes - both full backs pushed up a lot and we didn’t have effective midfield cover …. Wilf can’t do both flanks!  Perhaps BR decided that a game of ‘basketball’ would suit us better than them ?  That would be most unlike him but difficult to explain our lack of defensive cover otherwise. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Let’s not forget that we should have scored first - vards messes up that header once in fifty 

we looked dodgy as hell at the back but how many good saves did kasper make?  How many last ditch blocks did we put in?  They made 2 in the first half hour which we would have expected to score from. We went forward way better than previous games - we just looked so exposed at the back to simple forward passes - both full backs pushed up a lot and we didn’t have effective midfield cover …. Wilf can’t do both flanks! 

Forward passes?! What is this mythical phrase you speak of!

• Haha 1

I thought we played fairly well in patches but need to move the ball quicker. 

The less said about our defence, the better, they shat the bed everytime they were put under any pressure and this must be addressed as we'll face much better opposing strikers as the season goes on. 

Burnley are Burnley though, big keeper, strong big defenders, so why did we make life so easy for them from our set pieces? 

Makes you wonder what or how the coaching set up do in preparation for each opponent. 

On the plus side, thank god for Vardy and Lookman was really good with his quick feet and work ethic off the ball. 

The booing twats should do one😡

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

we looked dodgy as hell at the back but how many good saves did kasper make?  How many last ditch blocks did we put in?  They made 2 in the first half hour which we would have expected to score from. We went forward way better than previous games - we just looked so exposed at the back to simple forward passes - both full backs pushed up a lot and we didn’t have effective midfield cover …. Wilf can’t do both flanks!  Perhaps BR decided that a game of ‘basketball’ would suit us better than them ?  That would be most unlike him but difficult to explain our lack of defensive cover otherwise. 

Barnes, Tielemans and Vardy all had really good chances before the own goal. For once we were attacking with conviction and pace but at the same time they'd got in a few times where Vestergaard was exposed really easily which was what I was referring to.

Today felt like for once we showed some attacking intent from the off which had been missing in previous games but we are just destined to still concede and the confidence is being tested.

Huge few weeks, Rodgers can't afford to get his team selections wrong. We need a huge slice of good fortune and Evans remain fit, plus get Iheanacho in and we will improve.

Guest StevieLynex

BR apparently is a great man manager, and gets the best out of people. I don't think he does. Just look at managers like Moyes, Benitez, Bruce,Frank, Smith, Dyche, Potter and Bielsa and she how their players play for them, despite the fact that BR has had more to spend in recent years and has  top notch Premier League striker. I rest my case

Had a good chat with a Burnley fan after the game, he couldn’t understand why we didn’t attack in numbers more quickly as they would have been there for the taking. Also why we consistently tried to play from the back as it just invited pressure. 
He congratulated us on our cup win and wished us well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

True, but still 32 matches to go.

I assume you’ve been around football long enough to have seen slippery slopes, collapses in confidence and moral and teams getting sucked into situations they really shouldn’t be in?  32 games left could be good, could be bad and it isn’t all on BR’s shoulders. Some of our players really have to step up. 

For what it’s worth I think we will find some form, but I don’t see this ending with us pushing for Europe again. I think we will finish in mid table. 

I wonder if Youri’s reluctance to sign a new contract is distracting some players. Add in what happened with Fofana, our slightly late pre-season and maybe we are just seeing a perfect storm of issues affecting the team. 

Christ, quick browse and the excuses are superb.

Tbf...whether we win or draw or lose, please focus on the performances and not the results. The performances are a much better indicator than a result.

People who base opinions on results are the biggest mouth breathers going