Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Burnley 2 post match thread.

What a shadow of a side we are , players playing like they don’t know there team mates , half can’t even do a simple pass to a team mate , if only we could play forward like do going f**** backwards we would be top of the table . Time to go back to basics mr manager and start playing football rather than keep ball at the back and then lose it .

• Like 2

Interesting what we see at games and players singled out for criticism….Tielemans has got a bit of stick,superb cross for Vardy’s missed header, made great pass for first goal…Perreira, gets very little stick on here, lost Cornet in a 1-2 that resulted in the corner for the own goal, and was nowhere to be seen for Cornets goal….and was it just me was Soumare fairly anonymous….

• Like 1

Although the result was not what we wanted (and lucky to get a point) we were better. BR eventually dropped Maddison which will hopefully kick him in to action this season.

We actually started the game in a gear other than reverse for only the 2nd time this season (Napoli the other game) and only fell behind to a great Vardy finish. Until yesterday we were the worst team in the league for shots, lacking creativity. We had 22 yesterday. There were definitely positives and the booing from the fans is too premature in my opinion. Our team have always reacted well to the Fans getting behind them and that is what is needed now 

Our defending was still awful, hopefully when Evans is fully fit he can come in an organise it

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Koke said:

Fully fit squad bar Fofana and Justin. I don't know why we are so bad.

I watched the MotD highlights so only got a BBC editor's view.

I thought City bought 'well' this summer, but going from an Evans, Fofana and Söyüncü  set-up to various combos involving Amartey, Vestagaard and Söyüncü has just demonstrated that defensive solidarity isn't achieved overnight. And, if we want to maintain a high position in the table, then buying in players that teams like Southampton are quite easy about letting go is no answer. The midfield and forward line aren't that desperate for fresh faces but our defence is in no way a unit capable of acting in unison.

We were very lucky with Evans turning out to be the towering figure he's become here. But plans to replace him should have been begun as soon as he came.

You cannot insure against the raft of serious injuries City have suffered to key players, but there are positions along the spine that are essential to fill with capable reserves. One mediocre season and we could see our ambition of a fourth place voided for any amount of years.

I hope that Justin and Fofana return 

über quick - because, if we keep on struggling to show our true level of ability as a team due to defensive flaws, there'll be an exodus next summer of those players who want better. BR has to find an exceptional young player to stand in for Evans asap.

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And the next time Dyche moans about favourable bias - I’d kindly remind him of those three ‘tackles’. Yellow card by laws of the game but utter filth. 

The two in the second half where the Burnley players just booted ours with no ball anywhere near them was disgusting.

• Like 1

It took our near 35 year old striker, as he has done time and time again, to make the score respectable. The overwhelming evidence is though , that although we are far from poor, we are nothing like as good as some think we are. Having said that , as long as we fight for every point , we can still have a decent season.

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

Interesting what we see at games and players singled out for criticism….Tielemans has got a bit of stick,superb cross for Vardy’s missed header, made great pass for first goal…Perreira, gets very little stick on here, lost Cornet in a 1-2 that resulted in the corner for the own goal, and was nowhere to be seen for Cornets goal….and was it just me was Soumare fairly anonymous….

Pereira is pure piss when it comes to defending 

We are at our best being quick in possession and moving forwards with energy. Both goals demonstrated that. I thought our attacking intent was reassuring yesterday. If we are assertive, we can get in top of lots of teams. But the defensive side is a real worry. We cant let a limited team like Burnley cause us so many issues at home. I was literally bricking it every time the to swung a cross in. How can a top 6 team be so vulnerable to the 'launch ball'.

• Like 1

It didn't feel like a game we ever had much control in. Defensively we have looked shaky. The only new signing that's hit the ground running is Lookman. Bertrand/Soumare haven't really done much, Vestergaard has been awful. And there's no point Ndidi being so good defensively if all he's going to do is pass the ball to the opposition. He's giving the ball away too much. Evans is absolutely vital to this team. We need him back for some calmness and experience. Vardy has started brilliantly with 5 goals in 6 games so fair play to him. I thought Castagne's post match interview was refreshing. Expectations are higher now. We've been pushing Top 4 for two seasons running and are FA Cup Holders. We can do a lot better than this and we need to find some form. 

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It took our near 35 year old striker, as he has done time and time again, to make the score respectable.

In fairness, the goals weren't purely due to Vardy. Top drawer classic Vardy finishes for sure but there was also slick movement and passing leading up to them. Tbh, it gives me hope to see us do it. Ditto the goal at Brighton. We have issues to resolve defensively for sure but we can still click in attack.

i saw a burnley fan on twitter calling us a scummy club for booing Cornet, what a moron

think we was all booing him for being injured off the pitch then plonking his arse an inch over the white line on the pitch....

honest to god, the amount of boos you hear from the burnley lot every week youd think they was in a panto, then again they do seem a joke at times

2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Tielemans had a good game for the most part I thought.

Any criticism of him possibly stems from the last 5 minutes when he made a couple of terrible decisions with his distribution when pushing for the winner.

• Like 1