Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Burnley 2 post match thread.

2 minutes ago, bfox said:

Turned it off after 15 minutes. Knew exactly which version of city I'd be seeing today and I wasn't wrong :D more of the same ahead unless something changes. 

How do you know if you turned it off? Did you go shopping instead? I bet you are one of those "fans" who leaves 20 minutes early so he can get home in time to watch some c grade celebs bake cakes.

• Haha 1

Lookman looks like will be a very good player for us shame he got taken off as thought he was playing well. Burnley are horrible though really wish they would just go back down. Dyche must have no ambition to manage a decent club signing a new contract with them. 

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

How can you not keep starting Nacho? He dragged us through the 2nd half of last season almost single-handedly and now can't get a look in. It's just bizarre.

Maybe he was the one taking photos of Praet with Brendan's wife?

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Ain't no easy games in the premiership, not one, ask Man. Utd. We should stop underrating teams like Burnley. Ugly yes, but very effective.

I thought it was an open entertaining game to be honest… rather watch that then the ball getting passed around at the back, there were positives, we need to sort that defence out though 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That honestly felt like a win to me given the last minute VAR.

Attack wise I thought we were brilliant. Lookman was terrific and I was disappointed he went off. Nacho made the difference when he came on.

Defensively Vestergaard and Bertrand were liabilities. Kasper was all over the place.

Brendan went 433 to begin with and I think it did well, but we were better still in 4231 with Nacho, and that's how we should start the next League game IMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

What on earth is going on at the back. 

Kasper was appaling and vesti my lord totally done over. 

Then he takes lookmam off who was put beer outlet

Still worried 

Say what now?

• Like 1

One of Schmeichel's worst games for us, without making a howling error that led to a goal.

Was he on the piss last night? 

Needs to be commanding the box better, and needs to cut out the erratic stuff at the back. 

He invited pressure on us all game long.

He basically did everything wrong that I used to do as a keeper, so I'd know. It's exactly why I never got as far as I should have done. 

• Like 2

We scored two cracking goals but, my word, our defence....

Truble 'ut mill.

I do worry when we're out of possession, there seems to be acres of space for the opposition to exploit. Where do we go? When Burnley defend, they had pretty much everyone (plus the local Salvation Army) back. We seem to think we've got it covered with Wilf scampering back, a lumbering hephalump and someone whose confidence appears shot. We comitt men forward to our detriment, and then lose the ball.

Has someone told Cags that he's not allowed to pass forward until we're a goal down?

I don't really understand why Lookman was taken off? At the time he seemed to be the only bright spark.

Iheanacho must go home and scream into a pillow. The poor bloke constantly looks a threat yet can never get in the starting 11. What more does he have to do?

It's almost like if you show any signs of creativity then Brendan wants you nowhere near the team.

3 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

What on earth is going on at the back. 

Kasper was appaling and vesti my lord totally done over. 

Then he takes lookmam off who was put beer outlet. 

Still worried 

What’s going on at the back?

We have all of our first choice back 4 injured!

There is no team in the world who wouldn’t struggle with the first choice back 4 out.

10 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

If we had Burnley's back 4 and keeper we would make top 4.

No we wouldn't. Tarkowski is the only decent player they have. Pope is a top keeper but I wouldn't swap him for Kasper. We still have 3 of our normal back 4 injured. Justin, evans and wes are a million times better than Vester, cags, Bertrand and anything Burnley have in defence. 

• Like 1

We are utterly abysmal at the minute. Can't string 2 passes together and can't defend to save our lives. Kasper was dreadful and our absolute inability to not prat around at the back has cost us today. 

Southampton fans were literally laughing at us when we signed those two clowns and now we understand why. Our defence is travelodge standard at best.

On a sidenote, Burnley are quite literally the worst footballing team in the Premier league and probably beyond. They have no interest in winning whatsoever. I have never seen anyone time waste so much as Pope.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

One of Schmeichel's worst games for us, without making a howling error that led to a goal.

Was he on the piss last night? 

Needs to be commanding the box better, and needs to cut out the erratic stuff at the back. 

He invited pressure on us all game long.

He basically did everything wrong that I used to do as a keeper, so I'd know. It's exactly why I never got as far as I should have done. 

He’s never been the most commanding goalkeeper in the world but makes up for it in shot stopping.