Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Burnley 2 post match thread.

Just now, Lambert09 said:

It’s at a point where this is the side I want to see. 

JV

HB.       KI         AL

YT      KDH

TC    WN.  CS.    RP

KS

Vestergarde was woeful

It’s this with Evans and Soyuncu for me. Inject that foot every game if they have to. We need Evans playing

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

One of Schmeichel's worst games for us, without making a howling error that led to a goal.

Was he on the piss last night? 

Needs to be commanding the box better, and needs to cut out the erratic stuff at the back. 

He invited pressure on us all game long.

He basically did everything wrong that I used to do as a keeper, so I'd know. It's exactly why I never got as far as I should have done. 

Being honest he's a brilliant shot stopper but he has never really authoritatively commanded the box and his distribution can be a real liability. Still amazed at that considering his experience. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

That is absolutely awful defending by Vestergaard at the end.  Just slightly worse than his defending on Napolis first goal. 

lookman ndidi Tielemans barnes

Nacho vardy

please and thank you 

edit: also can I ask what Bertrand has done to nail down the starting spot? Id prefer Timmy or Luke over him. Ricardo being injured again sucks. 

Edited by Bats8711
Edit

3 minutes ago, sishades said:

How do you know if you turned it off? Did you go shopping instead? I bet you are one of those "fans" who leaves 20 minutes early so he can get home in time to watch some c grade celebs bake cakes.

Yeah.. but no. How do I know what? I've followed Leicester long enough to know if a game is highly likely to ruin my weekend. Kind Regards, Inferior Fan.

4 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Lookman looks like will be a very good player for us shame he got taken off as thought he was playing well. Burnley are horrible though really wish they would just go back down. Dyche must have no ambition to manage a decent club signing a new contract with them. 

To be fair, at one point the camera was on him and he looked to be limping slightly so he may have picked up a knock.

Just now, Blue-fox said:

He’s never been the most commanding goalkeeper in the world but makes up for it in shot stopping. 

I've always said that as well, but you look at the keepers the best teams have in the league, and they're not shot stoppers. 

Now I think that's wrong to a point. I don't think Man City will win a Champions League with Ederson in goal because the bloke dives like an outfield player, it's actually hilarious. At some point when you play the best teams, you're going to need your keeper to make some saves.

However if you're one of the better teams in the premier League, I'm coming around to the thinking that you're much better off with a 9/10 crosses, 6/10 shot stopping sort of keeper than the other way around.

How often do we just crumble under pressure when the box starts to be peppered? We look so frail and unfortunately I'm beginning to think that Kasper is one of the big reasons for that.

• Like 1

Nacho must start with Vardy moving forward. If that means taking Barnes out of the team, we have to do it. They're too good together and our most effective forward partnership. 

I understand why Rodgers didn't want to play Ihenacho as he's wants to control the midfield, and worried it becomes like a basketball game if we have so many forwards. But the reality was Ndidi looked unsure of his role with Soumare alongside him, and we looked at our most comfortable in a 4-2-3-1 with Ndidi and Tielemans as deep-lying midfielders, with Ihenacho linking midfield to attack. 

I've said this before - missing Fofana and Evans is like Liverpool missing Van Dijk and Gomez the previous season. We lack solidity, and that spreads uncertainty through the team, even though our attacking play is improving.

Positives -  Ihenacho yet again had a assist/goal in the game, Vardy shows no signs of ageing,  we kept going and Maddison kept the ball well when he came on. 

Negatives - defence generally, especially Vestergaard and Bertrand, Schmeichel's kicking, set piece defending specifically, Ndidi was poor for most of the game, and gave the silly free kick away that nearly cost us, and Tielemans isn't up to speed yet. That said, their two goals were one own goal, and one brilliant piece of quality, otherwise Burnley didn't create much. 

Evans and Castagne surely come into the defence for the next game. 

13 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i think that shows the level of our performances right now. best thing about that was woods goal being disallowed

I missed the disallowed part of the goal...switched off when it went in, threw a tantrum, shouted at the kids and swore a lot...

I've only just found out by visiting the post match thread

:scarf: 

• Like 2