Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Burnley 2 post match thread.

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Was Ricardo injured? If not surely the change was Castagne for Bertrand

I assume he felt something or it was pre planned as they are still managing him. 

perhaps last year we didn’t take players off who felt a twinge and then suffered a week or so later when they broke down ….

shame to use a sub on a full back though when chasing the game 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

One of Schmeichel's worst games for us, without making a howling error that led to a goal.

Was he on the piss last night? 

Needs to be commanding the box better, and needs to cut out the erratic stuff at the back. 

He invited pressure on us all game long.

He basically did everything wrong that I used to do as a keeper, so I'd know. It's exactly why I never got as far as I should have done. 

When the defence is so nervy, seeing your goalkeeper kicking the way he did only made things even anxious. 

Don’t look too bad going forward, when we bother to do so, but a shambles at the back. Vestergaard and Soyuncu doesn’t work for me. Rather try big Dan and Soy who would at least be playing in his more usual position on the left. Not sure why Ricardo went off, but thought Castagne did well. Also thought Lookman was unlucky to be subbed. Perhaps he was tired.

Probably just about did enough to deserve a win. 3 goals for Vardy can’t be bad surely.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

Just now, Beliall said:

absolutely they were. its great to see but we struggled against a burnley side we really should be beating easily if we are aiming for top 4

That goes without saying. There is encouragement in the fact we fought back twice and we did create chances. Some top blocks in the first half from their defenders.

Burnley are a side virtually EVERY PL team feels they 'should beat' though and are often disrespected by opposition fans.

• Like 2

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I thought we were bright going forwards. Just not clinical enough. Another day we score 4. The issue is at the other end we look a defensive shambles. Between Vestgaard, Soyuncu and Kasper I couldn't work out who was more stoned!! Very worrying indeed.

A lot of panic at the back including with kasper, when ever a ball gets tossed in you feel we aren’t dealing with it 

Just now, Webbo said:

Johnny Evans is carrying an injury, BR is having to nurse him through the season. If we don't play Vestagaard then who? 

If we play Vestegaard we need to go to 3 at the back. We need more bodies in there to compensate for the errors I think. It’s unfortunate we are in a position where we are having to play without two of our best cbs but needs must. Vestegaard is not good enough in a four and I don’t think Amartey is either. Compensate for the injuries.

Biggest problems to me were Vestergaard, Kasper's distribution, Wilf's giveaways and too many giveaways in general. Ricardo was a spectator on the 2nd goal, which may have been why he was pulled.

Positives to me were Vardy of course, Lookman and Cags had his best game in awhile. He was solid.  Just get the impression that Brendan is struggling to figure out his best lineup which is understandable with so many new players in the squad.  

Defense is a problem moving forward. Vestergaard is a statue and gets moved too easily. Big Dan unfortunately is prone to the bad giveaway that resutls in a goal and Evans his hurting.  Not sure how Brendan solves with the current personnel.  That Fofana injury was an absolute killer.

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Does anyone know why there was only 4 mins added on? Pope wasted 5 mins on his own that I counted, then there was at least 5 subs so that’s 7.5 mins plus all the other time wasting? Seemed abit suspect and dodgy.

Chris Kavanagh!! very poor, all well and good letting the game flow but still missed a couple of bookings for cynical fouls but however poor we were the inability for the P L to actually play the correct time is pathetic. Maybe stop the clock like in rugby so you know how long is left, Burnley as is their style were happy to run the clock down

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Does anyone know why there was only 4 mins added on? Pope wasted 5 mins on his own that I counted, then there was at least 5 subs so that’s 7.5 mins plus all the other time wasting? Seemed abit suspect and dodgy.

I was going to say this as well.

The ref pandered to Burnley's time wasting.

I know it was first half, but Cornet kicking the ball out, then coming back onto the pitch and THEN going down injured was laughable.

Ref should have told him to get off straight away.

And refs should count to six with their hands up to stop the 6 seconds a goalie should handle it turning into 50 seconds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I’m no manager but can anyone with any knowledge please explain why Bertrand is a better option than Luke Thomas

Ok, I will. There are two reasons:

1 - experience. A hugely experienced full back is a lot less likely to be tricked into dangerous mistakes by wily strikers.

2 - they’re managing the early stages of a young player’s career. You don’t over play them at an young age (freaks like Rooney excepted), but instead build up their experience bit by bit. This also means that when the team is, for example, misfiring at the start of a season, you don’t end up shattering the young player’s confidence.

At full back I imagine both of these apply even more when you haven’t got a settled centre back pair because of injuries.

• Like 1

I'm just concerned about the Appalling decision making going on.

Nacho can't even buy a start despite being one of our most inform player.

Lookman the most threatening player on the day gets taken off.

Evans plays 90 against milwall in league cup yet not today which is the more important fixture.

KDH barely had any minutes at all so far stifling his development. If we're not going to use him best for him to be on loan playing week in week out.

Defence looks a shambles. Bertrand and Vestergaard have weakened it massively and Soyuncu needs Evans alongside him to Marshall him.

Clear Rodgers doesn't know his best team or his best formation. It's all a bit of a shambles so far.