Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Burnley 2 post match thread.

Was a bad decision taking off Soumare and changing to two central midfielders rather than three. We lost all creativity and control of the game after that happened.

However, Vardy managed to scrape us a draw with clinical finishing and world class movement off the ball.

We have got some really tough games coming up now that we need results in and I don't know how we can do that.

Bertrand and Vestergaard had very bad games today.

22 minutes ago, Buce said:

Rogers trains them.

He picks the team.

He chooses the tactics and formation.

He makes the substitutions.

How long does he get a pass for winning the Cup?

this season as long as were not in the relegation zone, next season too if players don't leave and recruitment is good 

Absolute crap to be honest lol - We have moments in every game, but in general, it is awful to watch. We were better than Burnley, but so we should be! 

Positives

We scored 2 goals, Vardy is a legend and didn't let the own goal affect him 

Lookman started, was ok

We didn't lose...

Soyuncu I thought was better today, hard to be a world beater when confidence is so low, but he seems to be coming through it. 

the Starting XI I thought looked better today (but Rodgers has no idea what his best team is). 

Maddison was dropped, he needs to miss a few games  

Negatives:

The signing of Vestergaard, as I knew it would be, is proving to be dog poo business. He wouldn't be anywhere near this club if Fofana wasn't injured in pre-season. Have no idea what so many on here saw in him, but more worryingly, what the club saw. Kabak for less, or Tarkowski for a bit more, would've been better, but I think I would rather Amartey play! Miss Wes, that tit from Villareal has a lot to answer for...

As mentioned above, Brendan has no idea what his best Xi is.

Subs - make no sense most the time. I know Pereira wasn't that effective but why did he go off instead of Bertrand? Bertrand, ok, wasn't terrible, but offers less than Riccardo.

I thought Bertrand was here to be back-up to Luke Thomas, like Fuchs was? Not be our number one left back... because if that was the case, then another awful piece of business. Back up, yes... starter, no. 

Why did Lookman go off, and Barnes stay on? Maybe it is a fitness thing, but I didn't get that at all

Possession football/playing out from the back, when there is a lack of confidence, but also insist upon it when two-three players do not look comfortable doing it (especially Kasper...)

No idea what Kasper was playing at today, but his kicking was worse than usual. 

All in all, we luckily didn't lose, but this just isn't good enough at the moment. It's been said before, but there is something wrong this season. It didn't look or feel right in even in Pre-season, except for the Man City game (but if you cannot get up for a game at Wembley, then when can you).

If you don't look confident at home to Burnley, and nearly lose it at the end, there is something definitely wrong. Something wrong with Maddison, Soyuncu, Riccardo, Tielemans, Barnes (hot and cold)... even Kasper today just looked p***** off the whole game.

Don't know what the answer is, but the games are going to get harder than that, cannot see this season being much fun, certainly not this side of Christmas anyway. Might turn it around, but if we had lost that today, I couldn't see us finishing anywhere near top 6, would have become too toxic. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kierzz said:

Was a bad decision taking off Soumare and changing to two central midfielders rather than three. We lost all creativity and control of the game after that happened.

However, Vardy managed to scrape us a draw with clinical finishing and world class movement off the ball.

A bit odd comment that given Vardy's goal was possible thanks to the goal the bloke that replaced Soumare made possible with an inch perfect pass.

26 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Schmeichel distribution

set pieces in both areas

Too slow build up

address these and we’ll be fine

I think we’ve actually improved on set pieces in both boxes from last season. 

I think too many players are having 4,5 and 6s, and I don’t think the midfield and forwards have confidence in the defense.

1 minute ago, Marutimon said:

A bit odd comment that given Vardy's goal was possible thanks to the goal the bloke that replaced Soumare made possible with an inch perfect pass.

Nacho had to come on but would have played him as a withdrawn 10 on the right where maddison came on. Think that would have given us a better shape to dominate possession in their half and sustain attacks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Away on holiday at the mo

What’s the verdict?

Lucky or unlucky to draw?

Burnley had a goal disallowed in the last minute. Overall we were better than Burnley (that's not hard) but Vestergaard was an utter shambles and once again Lookman and Kel are our standout players. 

I don't even know what to make of that! I think Brendan over thinks things and quite honestly if we are struggling to understand his thinking them I'm sure there are players that are too! Evans and Castagne should start. Vestergaard and Bertrand shouldn't unless necessary! Lookman was a very strange substitution- he was making everything happen and showed fight and spirit. Its almost like Brendan had that substitution planned and then will not change things.  That is our problem he won't change his tactics even when it's clear to everyone he should!  The substitutions are planned to the minute and if we need know what's going to happen it's hardly a surprise another manager will plan for that and that makes us easier to play against.  

He has to play Kel and players that are in form.  KDH looks like he has taken Dennis' seat on the bench and he doesn't seem like someone that would be happy to sit there either!  I feel for Daka too. If players don't play then they will lose confidence and momentum and its not great for team morale which at the moment looks very low.

Edited by Hales