Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Burnley 2 post match thread.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Burnley ?  Not at a top six club ?  It will be West Ham or Man U 

Talksport have the rights to spunk over West Ham, expecially that tit Jim White. Prepare for all day slobbering, best tune in to Radio 3 to avoid radio being thrown out of the window.

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Burnley created very little as shown by the xG. We were our own worst enemies in that game. With a more assured defence, we easily win that game, even if the team is not firing on all cylinders offensively. 

Totally agree with this. We were more of a threat to ourselves than Burnley were. Shite defending and poor finishing. 

When was the last time we had 22 shots? Obviously we struggled in areas but to go 1 0 down 2 1 down and fight back showed good character.

it’s clear with the current back line there’s going to be turbulent times - I’ll take whatever points we can get right now. Vestergaard and Soyuncu are not complementary to each other but there’s really no other option at the moment. 

Edited by LCFC_Iceland
  • Like 1

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Omd, can't believe I just saw the words dominate them, we just conceded 3 goals to Burnley and had to have VAR save us. Honestly as for Rodgers, pointless sacking him now should've been done when we had the chance to progress, our chance of that is nil now

VAR decision was correct, guess we beat brighton 3-2 then 

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Omd, can't believe I just saw the words dominate them, we just conceded 3 goals to Burnley and had to have VAR save us. Honestly as for Rodgers, pointless sacking him now should've been done when we had the chance to progress, our chance of that is nil now

Dont be stupid!

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Go and have a lie down. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Defence is giving us no foundations in a match at all. 

This is the big problem, and that lack of confidence transmits throughout the whole team. Even at the end, even if Burnley's goal was offside, it was very close, and the situation dealt with badly.

You won't win many games by conceding 2 goals a match.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Who should he have played instead of today? Vardy?

He put a shift in today and was probably knackered. May even have been injured.

They’ll be managing his injury in the best way to get the best recovery.

Which of Tielemans, Ndidi and Soumaré do you think he should have played instead of today? He’ll get time on the pitch this season. And if he does well, he’ll get more next season.

You talk as if a decision was taken to not play Fofana and replace him with Vestergaard! Who yes, is not as good as Fofana, but I think he’s a better centre back than Amartey. And all our centre backs play better with Evans - that’s because he’s both our best and our most experienced centre back. And I disagree about Bertrand.

It isn’t at all clear. And he won’t have a ‘best team’ or ‘best formation’ - he’s very much a horses for courses kind of manager.

Quite a few of excuses and assumptions in there in my opinion amongst some excellent points too.

Vestergaard better than Amartey? Not from what I've seen. 

Lookman knackered? So were others judging by their performance. 

Rodgers playing horses for courses? Not from what I've seen. Today was different but got the impression he was forced into it. 

KDH not getting a chance because.. . OK, maybe but neither Youri and certainly not Wilf are ripping up trees. Soumare deserved his chance. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd