Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Burnley 2 post match thread.

2 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Who should he have played instead of today? Vardy?

Nacho should have started. Soumare on the bench. We didn't need a third man in midfield today. Nacho could have linked the midfield to attack. And two forwards to push them further back.

3 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

They’ll be managing his injury in the best way to get the best recovery.

Then manage it better by utilising him in this game and not the league cup. If he can't currently play two games a week that's fine. But use him for the more important fixture which is this one.

4 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

He put a shift in today and was probably knackered. May even have been injured.

That's hypothetical.

6 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Which of Tielemans, Ndidi and Soumaré do you think he should have played instead of today? He’ll get time on the pitch this season. And if he does well, he’ll get more next season.

I didn't say he should start. I said we should use him more. He's played 6 minutes in the premier league. If it's about squad rotation then he's not really getting a look in.

9 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

You talk as if a decision was taken to not play Fofana and replace him with Vestergaard! Who yes, is not as good as Fofana, but I think he’s a better centre back than Amartey. And all our centre backs play better with Evans - that’s because he’s both our best and our most experienced centre back. And I disagree about Bertrand

Comes back to my point about using Evans in the more important game which was today. Vestergaard is a liability. Not mobile enough. Weak and will cost us points. Bertrand offers us little. Thought we was brought as a rotation offer not a starter. 

10 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

It isn’t at all clear. And he won’t have a ‘best team’ or ‘best formation’ - he’s very much a horses for courses kind of manager.

Most managers know their best XI. Rodgers has favourites who he wants to incorporate and his conservative style of play including his stubbornness will hinder more than help.

• Like 4

That’s the level we’re at this season. It’s really really bad football.

As much as calling Rodgers tenure ‘lucky’ is harsh and frankly thick, he has relied on his number 1&9 playing out of their skin to get his sides into good positions.

the only difference this season is that he’s only got Vardy turning up. The collective unit is bottom half. It’s really worrying. 

• Like 1

At this moment I feel we are going to concede at least a couple of goals a game, if we don’t score 3 or more we aren’t getting three points.

Don’t think vestergaard is the answer, he really does enjoy just watching the play and not getting involved. Get Amartey back in, if evans isn’t fit enough, then why is he on the bench and Amartey isn’t.

I was happy with us looking to move things quicker today and felt it was a well earnt point against a burnley side who defended superbly, just the goals we are conceding are too soft. Should have had three points but these games happen, play with that mentality and get things right at the back we will string some wins together 

• Like 1

Rodgers needs to stop playing Tielemans in the 8 role.

You build a team around him, and when you build a team around a player, you always play him in their best position. When he plays next to Ndidi, he gets the team ticking. It’s so much harder to get the ball to a player in between the midfield and defence than it is the attack and midfield.

When Tielemans plays well, the team plays well. Allow him to dictate play ffs, don’t expect players to pass him the ball further upfield.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LCFCbwoi said:

Rodgers needs to stop playing Tielemans in the 8 role.

You build a team around him, and when you build a team around a player, you always play him in their best position. When he plays next to Ndidi, he gets the team ticking. It’s so much harder to get the ball to a player in between the midfield and defence than it is the attack and midfield.

When Tielemans plays well, the team plays well. Allow him to dictate play ffs, don’t expect players to pass him the ball further upfield.

Yep 100% agree. Tielesman is so much better as a deep lying playmaker. Needs to go back to his old position.

Also don't agree  with playing our left back so deep, it's too easy to double up on Barnes then.

I preferred the shape we played around Christmas time last year when we were winning.....

54 minutes ago, Buce said:

Rogers trains them.

He picks the team.

He chooses the tactics and formation.

He makes the substitutions.

How long does he get a pass for winning the Cup?

Quite a bit longer IMO.

He definitely has questions to answer but I do think we set up better today.

Some reflections:

Lookman played very well. Why the hell was he taken off?

Vestagaard made Vydra look like prime Aguero.

Burnley's time wasting was on a biblical level.

How Kavanagh still gets to ref in the PL is unbelievable. Extremely weak performance from him again today, doing absolutely nothing about Pope's repeated efforts to beat the world record for most time taken to take a goal kick. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

@Finnegangiven we were talking about 433 / 4231 before the game, what your take on today's match?

He did the opposite of what we were talking about really. Opted for the more defensive system against a notoriously negative team who were inevitably always going to just play with two in the middle. 

It was really underwhelming but not surprising given he'd hinted in his interview that he didn't see Iheanacho as a CAM. Which, for me, yet again Nacho came on and made a mockery of with a pretty solid display there, grabbing an assist. 

All of that said, we created enough chances today to have won by many. We could and maybe should have been 3 up before even the own goal. Then after that could have had 4 by half time. 

Overall for me today the biggest issue was confidence and has been the issue all season. We don't look settled and happy. The defence and manager are getting pelters for the sideways passing and slow build up in our own half but it's happening because nobody is showing. Nobody wants the ball, nobody wants to take risks. 

There were moments today when a CB had the ball and both Tielemans and Soumaré were creeping up the pitch away from the defence because they didn't want the pass. What's the point of playing them both if they're not going to go looking for the ball. 

Another time Bertrand got the ball in a reasonable amount of space and didn't even look forwards for Barnes, he immediately panicked and played it back to CB with almost no pressure on him. 

We just look bereft of self belief. 

• Like 3

The tactics are just poor atm. The play is slow and pedestrian. There's no real movement or urgency. Too happy to just let the back line have it and pass it around. 

Then the one player at the back we had trying to get it forward is subbed at half time for 'tactical reasons'. Then our best player is subbed second half. The only thing they did wrong was try and get the ball forward. 

• Like 1

Only half the side at best this season are playing anywhere decent. We’ve gone past the point of “fitness” being the issue now and only have 2 injuries albeit to key defensive players. Today was the 3 points in the bag game that we coughed up. Come on Brendan sort it out man! 

You cant be dropping points to burnley at home if you want to be top 5 again.

Just not good enough defensively right now. We are missing a fit justin and fofana. Evans as well.

Im confident we can turn the corner but for me vestergaard needs to not play again. Cup games maybe. Id rather we go woth amartey heck even ndidi over him.

I didn't concentrate massively on the game today but for me we got physically bullied today, as is always the case with Burnley, Ricardo was left space on that side a fair amount which could be a result as their second goal, Kasper had a poor game, he gives the ball away far too much, its becoming a real problem I think, apart from that we attacked with purpose and should have scored more. 

We have players settling in and I thing Barnes is still finding form and once fofana and Justin are back, we could be flying, don't see us reaching those heady heights though, top 7 would be a result tbh, I thing vestegaard and Bertrand weren't good purchases, I'd rather see Thomas at LWB and it will be Evans and fofana once they're fit 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

You cant be dropping points to burnley at home if you want to be top 5 again.

Just not good enough defensively right now. We are missing a fit justin and fofana. Evans as well.

Im confident we can turn the corner but for me vestergaard needs to not play again. Cup games maybe. Id rather we go woth amartey heck even ndidi over him.

We won't be top 5 for sure, I'd say we'll do well for top 7