Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Kopfkino

Time wasting

Guest Kopfkino

When are they going to do something about this? I hate it when we do it, I’d be more than happy to see Schmeichel booked and then sent off he carries on with it to get it out of the game. That today was disgusting and they get away, there’s absolutely no punishment, the time doesn’t get added on and they don’t even get booked for it.

It’s just not football

It's a flaw in the game.

Those that turn their nose up at 30 minute halves on a stop watch, I invite you to rewatch that game.

Oh, you don't want to? Because it was made dull by constant gamesmanship, breaking our momentum. Well there you go then.

• Like 3

Just now, Kopfkino said:

When are they going to do something about this? I hate it when we do it, I’d be more than happy to see Schmeichel booked and then sent off he carries on with it to get it out of the game. That today was disgusting and they get away, there’s absolutely no punishment, the time doesn’t get added on and they don’t even get booked for it.

It’s just not football

Pope just took the right mickey taking a goal kick. Burnley players flicking the ball away, when we got free kicks. Joke.

Guest Kopfkino
Just now, Webbo said:

We'd do the same, it's part of the game. 

Hence I said I hate it when we do it. It’s a scourge of the game, shouldn’t be part of it to that extent.

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I’d hope we would 

14 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It wouldn't matter if we hadn't got ourselves into the position of being behind against relation fodder at home.

This

if you get yourself in front twice then you give yourself the opportunity to manage the game - time wasting is part of that. You may not like it but it’s professional football with huge rewards - we need to be way cuter in that regard. Controlling the tempo of a game when ahead … 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Thats the point though isn't it, it isn't 90 minutes. 

There is a massive difference between slowing a game down and time wasting what their injured player did by coming off and on the pitch is time wasting other than that i'm struggling to see where the 6 mins of added time across the 2 halves comes from by all means go back and watch it with a stop watch but from memory i think the stoppage time was fair.

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I was going to say this as well.

The ref pandered to Burnley's time wasting.

I know it was first half, but Cornet kicking the ball out, then coming back onto the pitch and THEN going down injured was laughable.

Ref should have told him to get off straight away.

And refs should count to six with their hands up to stop the 6 seconds a goalie should handle it turning into 50 seconds.

Didn't realise there was a thread about this so I'll quote myself from the other thread.

God I hate Burnley.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It doesn't have to be. 

Why would you want it to be?

It's less entertainment. Why would you want to watch people stood waiting to take a kick, or rolling on the floor, instead of football being played? 

• Like 3

Just now, Nod.E said:

It doesn't have to be. 

Why would you want it to be?

It's less entertainment. Why would you want to watch people stood waiting to take a kick, or rolling on the floor, instead of football being played? 

If we're 2-1up with a minute to go and we concede I guarantee you'd wish we'd wasted time. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If we're 2-1up with a minute to go and we concede I guarantee you'd wish we'd wasted time. 

I don't disagree, because it's allowed in the rules at the moment and we'd be stupid not to take advantage of it. For as long as it's a tool that can be used, I'd want us to use the tool to our advantage.

My point is that no team should be able to benefit from it because it makes football a less enjoyable sport to watch than it could be, and it allows poorer teams to succeed against better teams by means that have nothing to do with their ability as a footballing outfit.

If a team takes the sting out of a game with good passing and keeping the ball, fair play. This is not that.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Kopfkino
6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Yes because you can get away with it, so it’s in your interests to do it. The point is that nobody should be able to get away with it whether it’s us, Burnley or whoever.

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Yes because you can get away with it, so it’s in your interests to do it. The point is that nobody should be able to get away with it whether it’s us, Burnley or whoever.

Thank you. 

Really not that difficult to grasp.