Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Kopfkino

Time wasting

Im in a minority here( in more  ways than one!) But i like shithousery.

If we were in positions like that I would want us to do it.

Pit we dont have the players or get into them wi ning positions.

Robbie Savage was the master of shithousery.

Edited by Raj

11 hours ago, martyn said:

Always happens. Time waste all 2nd half, produce the first yellow card after the 90th minute. Refs won't want to be under pressure to send someone off for 2 yellows for time wasting by carding someone too early.

I don't blame teams for doing it, but it needs stamping out or if not, the correct amount of time added on.

Nailed it.

Like I said, if we had the players to do it or the positions to do it, none  of our fans would moan about us doing it.

We dont like other teams doing it to us though...

11 hours ago, Corky said:

Do that against a team interested in attacking, backed up by officials giving the right amount of time, and they'll pay for it.

Was actually bizarre how desperate they were to disrupt a game they had no issues in.

I think we would have put a lot more pressure had the ref got a grip of arsenals antics but he allowed them to completely spoil the game rotten.

Arsenal were pricks for doing it but if it isn’t punished then why not do it.

Farcical officiating! Again 🥱 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Raj said:

Nailed it.

Like I said, if we had the players to do it or the positions to do it, none  of our fans would moan about us doing it.

We dont like other teams doing it to us though...

I would, i cant stand it. Jurgen Klinsmann normalised cheating when he took a dive after scoring, it opened the flood gates. I used to hate it when Vardy stuck out a leg or 'initiated contact' to win a free kick / penalty. No time for it.

Edited by BigMicky
Grammar
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I would genuinely prefer Man City winning the league than Arsenal - thanks to Arteta they are the absolute masters of the worst aspects of shithousery - feigning injury and time wasting. 

Who do you think Arteta learnt it from?

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Im in a minority here( in more  ways than one!) But i like shithousery.

If we were in positions like that I would want us to do it.

Pit we dont have the players or get into them wi ning positions.

Robbie Savage was the master of shithousery.

Yeah this. Can't have it both ways can we.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

I would genuinely prefer Man City winning the league than Arsenal - thanks to Arteta they are the absolute masters of the worst aspects of shithousery - feigning injury and time wasting. 

Up until yesterday I was happy for anybody to win as long as it wasn’t Man City. I now hope Arsenal miss the title by 1 point. Absolute c*nt stains yesterday, including Arteta. **** should’ve stayed in his box.

Kieran Tripper does not understand why people are "kicking off" at Newcastle United's perceived time-wasting after Erik ten Hag called it "annoying".
The Manchester United manager made the comment ahead of Sunday's EFL Cup final meeting with Newcastle at Wembley, saying thee Magpies are an "annoying team to play against".
Eddie Howe's men have the ball in play for just 52.3 per cent of a match, the second lowest in the Premier League this season behind Leeds United.
But Howe's tactics are working as Newcastle are competing for European qualification while also having the chance to end a 54-year major trophy drought against the Red Devils.
Trippier is confused over the criticism his team is receiving, telling reporters: "I love it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
"But I have experienced it a lot in Spain. It's about knowing when to slow a game down. If the opposition are having more of the ball and are on top, of course you've got to kill the game. You're not going to take a quick throw-in and say, 'Carry on'. You have to manage the game.
"Some teams are not happy with us this season, but it's about being clever in that moment, about using your experience. Opposition fans are not going to like it either, because it's against their team. But as a neutral, I think it's good to see. I don't see why everyone's kicking off about it, it's good!"
Asked whether Newcastle plan to use the same tactics at Wembley, Trippier replied: "Of course we will.
"You've got to have that mentality. If you want to win, if you want to be successful, you have to be cute in every single game.
"You look at teams like Real Madrid and how successful they have been, and they've had players like Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, and they were the best at it. If you want to be successful, you have to manage the game well, and at the right time."

• Sad 1

Until a stop clock method is introduced its always going to happen, and will get worse. The ref can't book someone for faking an injury as he has no way of proving it. And the head injury rules means that if any team wants to stop the game, they just need to go down holding their head. It's getting farcical. 

Introducing two 30 minute halves where the clock stops whenever the ball is not in play will make time wasting pointless. Yes teams can still break up play and disrupt the oppositions rhythm, but not continually fake injuries or kick the ball away or take ages in set pieces to run the clock down.

Whilst it's still in refs hands and teams can exploit it, they will continue to do so. The lack of football played in the last 20 minutes yesterday was embarrassing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StonyFox said:

Until a stop clock method is introduced its always going to happen, and will get worse. The ref can't book someone for faking an injury as he has no way of proving it. And the head injury rules means that if any team wants to stop the game, they just need to go down holding their head. It's getting farcical. 

Introducing two 30 minute halves where the clock stops whenever the ball is not in play will make time wasting pointless. Yes teams can still break up play and disrupt the oppositions rhythm, but not continually fake injuries or kick the ball away or take ages in set pieces to run the clock down.

Whilst it's still in refs hands and teams can exploit it, they will continue to do so. The lack of football played in the last 20 minutes yesterday was embarrassing.

It's been the same conversation for years, the powers that be are just not interested in tackling "game management" or "shithousery" I don't know if they feel it makes for good controversy to keep people talking or that they just don't care. The brand is the most successful in the world doesn't matter if those in the stadiums are bored and frustrated, those watching at home can play on their phones and bet on other games.

The methods for tackling time wasting are not rocket surgery they just need some balls to enforce.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

It's been the same conversation for years, the powers that be are just not interested in tackling "game management" or "shithousery" I don't know if they feel it makes for good controversy to keep people talking or that they just don't care. The brand is the most successful in the world doesn't matter if those in the stadiums are bored and frustrated, those watching at home can play on their phones and bet on other games.

The methods for tackling time wasting are not rocket surgery they just need some balls to enforce.

They’re probably happy with all the VAR controversy as well. It all seems to get more media coverage than the good play in matches. 

Re Trippiers comments, “I don’t see why everyone’s against it”, when people are paying hard earned money to watch live or on TV and find a team frightened of the ball being in play. Who has ever heard of a highlights DVD of goalkeepers setting then resetting their goal kicks, centre halves going over to take a throw, shaping to throw it then shaking their heads, dropping it and waiting for the full back to come over and bounce it a few times before walking up and down the line with it to purposely trigger more time wasted? It is turning and will turn people off the sport, it shortchanged the people watching as the ball is in play less and the feigning head injuries is taking sick advantage of a logical necessity which I pray has no “ cry wolf” conclusion one day.
Even if the officials were stronger and added more of the time back on, it doesn’t fully address the problem, as Trippier says it’s about breaking the rhythm and impetus of the opposition.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

Watching grown men rolling around pretending that they’re hurt is not my idea of entertainment,

if it was I would go to the theatre or watch some wrestling. The Fulham and Arsenal games have

been an absolute piss take.

Yeah me too. I pay to watch football not grown men acting like that. I’d rather we kept pushing on to get a goal. 

4 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

Watching grown men rolling around pretending that they’re hurt is not my idea of entertainment,

if it was I would go to the theatre or watch some wrestling. The Fulham and Arsenal games have

Exactly this. Its getting difficult to watch. 90 minutes of players pretending to be Injured is no fun.

Constantly watching players cheat and waste time is infuriating.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

I've been saying for some time that premier league football is getting more like the wrestling, with all the fake injuries, the timewasting, and the hyped up controversy. The main difference is that wrestling is fixed. Or is it a difference? When teams aren't making many/any attempts to score it makes you wonder.