Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Kopfkino

Time wasting

8 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

The referees (along with some fans, it seems) have been captured by a media/TV pundit culture that says it’s ‘part of the game’, ‘gamesmanship’, etc

It’s not - it’s against the rules, and if referees clamped down on it hard early in the game it would put a stop to it. 

Today’s referee was very weak again. 

There was a particularly farcical moment when their GK was wasting time - he didn’t book him, he just stood there with his finger on his wrist. What’s that going to do? 

I think that he was simply asking Pope how the device works.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Pope just took the right mickey taking a goal kick. Burnley players flicking the ball away, when we got free kicks. Joke.

Made me laugh when Vardy scored the second, one of their defenders launched the ball into the crowd. willy pullers.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Burnley and every other team will do whatever it takes to get the job done. Football is not about fairness (and believe me it never was) its about doing whatever is necessary to get the result you want.

Burnley are undoubtedly the best at it. Every team does it towards the end of a game when they are winning but Burnley do it as default unless they are losing. I get that it’s what Dyche has to do to ensure they survive year in year out but it means you get to see about 30 minutes of actual football and 60 minutes of dead ball, with the theatrics of Pope’s goal kicks at the very summit of their impressive shithousery mountain. 

• Like 2

Hideous timewasting today. 

Yes, all teams do it but it was so blatant.

Every goalkick was preceded by his stupid routine of slow walking, then placing abs re-placing, then pause then kick. Goodness sake, he should've been shown a yellow card warly second half.

First half was atleast 4 mins extra due to their player rolling back onto the pitch. 

This happens all the time. This isn't the reason we drew of course. Just frustrating when it happens time and again and no commensurate time added nor punishment.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RGFox said:

Hideous timewasting today. 

Yes, all teams do it but it was so blatant.

Every goalkick was preceded by his stupid routine of slow walking, then placing abs re-placing, then pause then kick. Goodness sake, he should've been shown a yellow card warly second half.

First half was atleast 4 mins extra due to their player rolling back onto the pitch. 

This happens all the time. This isn't the reason we drew of course. Just frustrating when it happens time and again and no commensurate time added nor punishment.

Principle aside would it have made any difference, we need to show some urgency ourselves first and foremost instead of time wasting in our own special way.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Time wasting aside they're a far more positive and attacking team with intent and efficiency. Burnley, let that sink in.

They control the game rightly or wrong by time wasting.

We 'control' the game by playing sideways and backwards passes, endlessly going no where, ultimately time wasting, same difference, wasting my time I know.

One's considered negative, the other is considered an unwritten rule of 'how the modern game should be played'. Beyond me.

How did you come away from that game saying they were the more positive team?

• Like 3

I genuinely could not believe the extent to which they were allowed to get away with it. He'd half-heartedly point at his watch every so often as if he had no choice but to just let it happen - it's a bookable offence, give them some ****ing bookings you idiot. I would be really interested to see the workings for the four added minutes given we spent about double that just waiting for that gangly freak to take his goal kicks, on top of which we had a goal and four subs.

"It's part of the game" - it's quite specifically prohibited by the laws of the game. When someone blatantly dives to win a penalty against us and it costs us a result, is your response to just shrug and say nah that's great stuff it's all part of the game, what can you do?

1 hour ago, Corky said:

How did you come away from that game saying they were the more positive team?

Perhaps because we continue to be so awfully negative.

But negative football FTW as far as some are concerned.

Edited by Matt

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

They were though?

I would actually argue they was at it even earlier then that, around the 14th min, Burnley’s RB Lowton? Walked slowly over to take a throw and stood on the spot and waited for the ballboy to fetch the ball that was a few yards from him 

He warned the keeper FOUR times about it then did nothing when he continued to do the stud cleaning, switching side shite.

He watched and pointed at Tarkowski kicking the ball into the crowd.

There was the whole farce with the keeper and full back passing the ball to each other to take a free kick after he's waved at them to get on with it.

He kept pointing at his fvcking watch to try and calm down the boos as if to say he was adding the time on and then only adds 4 mins, which is about what was lost to the keeper's antics.

The only thing he got right was booking Cornet for his refusal to roll off the pitch. Again one of their players clearly told Cornet to come back on and go down. It was actually embarrassing to watch and probably the weakest display I've seen for a long while. Dean would have had about 6 cards out by about an hour. Burnleyball is a real thing and to think some people wanted Dyche here at one point. If he'd booked them all first time, we wouldn't have had that final 30 minutes of panto.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Imagine being the fan of a club that time wastes throughout the whole duration of a game.

Jesus wept.

To be fair, many would currently say that 90% of our overall play is a waste of time. lol

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He warned the keeper FOUR times about it then did nothing when he continued to do the stud cleaning, switching side shite.

He watched and pointed at Tarkowski kicking the ball into the crowd.

There was the whole farce with the keeper and full back passing the ball to each other to take a free kick after he's waved at them to get on with it.

He kept pointing at his fvcking watch to try and calm down the boos as if to say he was adding the time on and then only adds 4 mins, which is about what was lost to the keeper's antics.

The only thing he got right was booking Cornet for his refusal to roll off the pitch. Again one of their players clearly told Cornet to come back on and go down. It was actually embarrassing to watch and probably the weakest display I've seen for a long while. Dean would have had about 6 cards out by about an hour. Burnleyball is a real thing and to think some people wanted Dyche here at one point. If he'd booked them all first time, we wouldn't have had that final 30 minutes of panto.

That Cornet incident was the worst and most blatant. He was well off the pitch, holding his hamstring. Immediately you could see the Burnley players frantically waving at him to get back on the pitch and then go down