Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Kopfkino

Time wasting

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Which incidents are you referring to? 

I hate time wasting by anyone. 

Brentford fans were moaning about us doing it from the 35th minute 

it’s game management - we do it - everyone does it unless they’re sailing through a game several goals to the good.  Generally away from home of course unless it’s late in the game. 

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Which incidents are you referring to? 

I hate time wasting by anyone. 

Schmeichel was taking an age with goal kicks, delaying over throw ins, corners, etc, all beginning within the first half.

That said we were sauntering over to corners yesterday so maybe it's just the casual, lakadaisical demeanor within our team.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Raj said:

It's more baffling when WE are doing it when we are 2 nil down FFS!

Where was the urgency yesterday

Two of my biggest frustrations are that we never take quick throw ins. We pick the ball up and wait for everybody to get back in position (including the opposition). And Maddison strolling over to take corners as if we're 4 up.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

That's a chance for him to be on camera for as long as possible though.

Do a few smouldering looks. Flick his hair a bit.

Weird, because Albrighton and KDH took just as long to take corners on Thurs night vs Rennes and yet no one questions it. 

It's almost like people want to fit stuff into their own narratives or something...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Weird, because Albrighton and KDH took just as long to take corners on Thurs night vs Rennes and yet no one questions it. 

It's almost like people want to fit stuff into their own narratives or something...

...perhaps it is a ploy for the defence to get in position to receive the corner!!!

We do not need the same people to take corners or free kicks, let's move the play on quicker, we cannot be so regimented in the things we do.

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yeah, it was just a joke...

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

What I don't understand about the yellow cards for time wasting. Why wait until the last 2/3 minutes before issuing a yellow card? Do it whenever you feel it's intentional, stamp it out the game. 

I agree.

Earlier this season Northern Ireland had Lewis sent off for a second yellow for time wasting in the first half. As much as it went against us it was the correct decision though and should happen more often.

For context we were a team already out of qualification by then, barely any outside of Norn Iron were either aware or bothered so not too controversial to the wider footballing world. Imagine the unwarranted uproar if it were to happen in the Man City Liverpool game next month.

Edited by Nalis

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

I agree.

Earlier this season Northern Ireland had Lewis sent off for a second yellow for time wasting in the first half. As much as it went against us it was the correct decision though and should happen more often.

For context we were a team already out of qualification by then, barely any outside of Norn Iron were either aware or bothered so not too controversial to the wider footballing world. Imagine the unwarranted uproar if it were to happen in the Man City Liverpool game next month.

It should happen, it shouldn't take too long to take a throw, free kick, goal kick etc. Anything that seems to be excessive =booking. 

Ramsdale spent a minute or so of the 5 additional nursing an arm that Kelechi might have brushed against. The ref still blew up on 5 mins exact.

I feel robbed.

Refs that stop the game for cramp, pamper to boo boos and dont add time are bad enough

but in absence of a realtime MEDVAR

Clear video proof that a player faked a contact injury, particularly a head injury, said actor should be retrospectively sanctioned.

The same would apply to employees who commit an  assualt or knick stuff from a CCTV protected work place, not so radical

11 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Confirmed what we already knew... 

We are always at the top line, even if we are behind. We always let the designated thrower do the throw-ins, presumably on Rodgers’ instructions so that we retain our shape, but invariably it allows the opposition to get back into shape too and as a result we “show” no urgency and continue to struggle to get forward and have to resort to sideway or backward passes. Worst still, despite doing that, we lose the ball straight away.

I also wonder why we never try to head the ball down to our players but instead we always just aimlessly head the ball upwards and as far as possible.

• Like 1

It’s funny people always moan about this but then I’ve heard so many pundits asking “why didn’t psg fake injuries (or just chop modric) to take the sting out of Real Madrid” It part of the game unfortunately. Funnily enough Man city and Liverpool, the 2 best teams, are the masters of the art ... what does that tell you.

whilst us on the other hand, have Ricardo trying to turn down a free kick because he thinks the ref was wrong (he wasn’t) and he’s trying to be a nice guy. How many teams are that honest.  I love our guys, but they aren’t game smart in the slightest 

Edited by Lambert09

8 hours ago, He aint bald said:

Ramsdale spent a minute or so of the 5 additional nursing an arm that Kelechi might have brushed against. The ref still blew up on 5 mins exact.

I feel robbed.

Refs that stop the game for cramp, pamper to boo boos and dont add time are bad enough

but in absence of a realtime MEDVAR

Clear video proof that a player faked a contact injury, particularly a head injury, said actor should be retrospectively sanctioned.

The same would apply to employees who commit an  assualt or knick stuff from a CCTV protected work place, not so radical

If that game was closer I’d be fuming no extra time was added on, proves cheating has worked for you. But we were hopeless and the ref probably called it after 5 mins because he felt sorry for our players!

I think it was said in the VAR thread that when an incident to our advantage is conveniently missed by the ref, then we must do what others do by somehow stopping the game to give the players, Rodgers and coaches an opportunity to get into the 4th officials and force a VAR check. Could be a player going down injured or putting the ball into row Z. It might be seen as time wasting but it gives a pause for replays that might just make Stockley Park wake up briefly. We need to get streetwise.