Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Kopfkino

Time wasting

Today the three minutes should have been five, three is standard for the subs and a goal celebration but with Pickford pickfording about and Richarlisons numerous death scenes there had to be more. I have no confidence that 2, 12 or 22 more minutes would have brought an equaliser but at least be representative of the time wasting rather than turn a blind eye.

• Like 1

As I said in the match thread, the commentators were going on about how great Everton were for doing exactly that. 

It’s ridiculous that when most teams do it, it’s seen as cheating. But when Everton do it it’s seen as “mastering the dark arts” and applauded. 

Game management (keeping the ball, not taking risks etc) is one thing, but diving about, feigning injuries and deliberately wasting time is full-on cheating. 

13 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Thought this would be a hot topic tonight. Everton are masters at it, especially Pickford. 

I think we'd be more annoyed if they were breaking anything up with the timewasting but it just stopped us from wasting time with the ball in play

The ref looked like he couldn't be arsed to be there, it's not only players that are on the beach this ref was as well.

What's the point? Honestly.

Why can't time wasting just be properly officiated? Everton took their time with everything they did in that second half and the ref saw fit to add 3 minutes.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Kopfkino

Tbf, I braced myself for 4 mins added on so I was amazed he actually added on 7. No chance he was going to add any more on even if the ball had been out of play for 6 minutes

The thing now is as soon as a player gets any sort of contact anywhere near their head they know they can stop the game by just holding their head and the physios go through as many checks as they can knowing nothing will be done because it’s a head ‘injury’