Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Kopfkino

Time wasting

5 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

Books a player for time wasting in stoppage time yet doesn't add it onto the 7 minutes at the end. Make it make sense.

Referees first Prem game and he was CLUELESS!!!

So annoying. Henderson getting away with wasting 30-60 seconds the other night as well. Of course the players do it, when there is no consequence.  

Fulham made a mockery of the rule to stop play when a player is down with a suspected head injury. 

It's such a important rule. But if players on teams are going to take it in turns to go down holding their head to waste time, the rule needs to change or they should be publicly called out and investigated for it.

• Like 1

For head injuries there should be a mandatory three minutes off the pitch to be properly assessed by an independent doctor.

It would immediately end this bullshit that we saw today of players having borderline seizures until the play stops.

It was painfully clear what they were doing but there wasn't any punitive to prevent them.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Officials seem too scared to even book the players as they are probably worried then get accused of ruining the game or being fussy but then all time wasting spoils it anyway !

Best fuching football league in the world worst fuching officials in the world !!

when will the PGMOL sort this shower of horse pi55 officiating Cockwomble Tw@jizzwits incompetent Moronic whistlehappy fuchwitts out?

It's not the reason we lost but it doesn't make it any less frustrating so it's a valid thing to get annoyed about really. 

Referee lost control of the game in the 2nd half so I expected nothing less but to leave it too late to book Leno. 

As for Mitrovic falling down for about 10 seconds so blatantly to waste time was embarrassing for him and the ref. That should have been his 2nd booking. 

The ref in general was poor, not the reason we lost, but really showed his shortcomings. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Best thing about the WC was the injury time. Has to become the norm. 

Today was one of the most embarrassing displays of time wasting I think I've ever seen from a team that was the outright favourite by some distance. 

The fact they even felt the need shows some considerable mental frailty. They're obviously getting nervous about setting the pace. 

• Like 3

Should have been 10 minutes of stoppage time today. Martinelli injury, loads of subs, Jorginho and Xhaka on the floor constantly in the 2nd half, Ramsdale taking an age over every goal kick from their goal onwards.

Was absolutely expecting Saka to get booked as the classic case of the first yellow for time wasting being given in the 93rd minute so there is no danger of needing to make a difficult decision later. And even that got ignored.

There really should be an explanation as to why only 5 minutes were added on today. It would have made no difference to the outcome of course, but what on earth was the rationale for such little time being added on.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Was that a new low today? Pawson could've done something about that if he wanted to. Why was the game stopped to attend to an 'injured' player that was not on the pitch, ffs. 5 mins stoppage time? Martinelli was down for over 3 mins coupled with the subs, and all of the other time wasting tactics. I thought the world Cup was supposed the turning point on playing the correct amount of stoppage time. This is the thing that's most likely to make me turn my back on the game. Depressing. 

Pawson is one of the worse referees I’ve ever seen. It’s the same shit everytime we get him as referee.

Anyway, time wasting is horrific but worse how Arsenal did it. Players going down and stopping the game because they want to, it’s about time it was stamped out.

• Like 3

On 03/01/2023 at 22:16, foxile5 said:

For head injuries there should be a mandatory three minutes off the pitch to be properly assessed by an independent doctor.

It would immediately end this bullshit that we saw today of players having borderline seizures until the play stops.

It was painfully clear what they were doing but there wasn't any punitive to prevent them.

This absolutely and I've been banging on about it for a while.  Concussion rules have been brought in for players safety and rightly so. Those same players are abusing it, no doubt at the management team's instigation, to break up play and waste time. 

Time wasting and fakery generally is easily solved by referee's taking a hard line.  Same with players surrounding the ref.  Same with swearing at the ref.  

Sort this fvcking sh1t out.  It's a stain on the game.  

• Like 4