Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Legia Warsaw 0-1 Post Match Thread

9 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I think Soumare and Daka will come good once they have adapted to the team.

Soumare looks to be neither a DM or creative midfielder nor a ball winner, so I am not sure of his role in the team. He can hold the ball up well, but Rogers doesn't seem to like that in a player, as Nacho is our other one who does that well. Rogers seems to want quick passing from them rather than what they do differently.

Good point then why did we get rid of Praet? That makes no sense 

• Like 4

one of our major problems is our passing 

it’s so laboured 

not nearly crisp enough 

by the time the ball arrives where it’s going the opposition have had time to get into shape 

maybe the general lack of confidence means we don’t strike the ball cleanly enough because that puts pressure on the control of the receiver ??  Also that same lack of confidence means we take the extra half second to be over deliberate and then aren’t timing the pass because of that 

brendan has to get to grips with the mentality of the players because it’s the basis of our current issues 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Milo said:

But done really slowly.

And sideways.

Or backwards.

Perhaps "quick passing" wasn't what I meant. Rogers seems to want an instant pass, rather than a player holding onto the ball, and looking to get forward with it. Or to get past a player before the next pass.

Basically our football stinks. We try to play out of the back with a bunch of donkeys and it rarely gets much further forward. We are turgid in midfield and look frightened to get forward. Passing and running at a snail pace alerting the opposition to our intentions 10 minutes before we try and execute it, poorly. Horrible to watch and certainly no better than Puel ball at the minute. I just don't know what's gone wrong. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Basically our football stinks. We try to play out of the back with a bunch of donkeys and it rarely gets much further forward. We are turgid in midfield and look frightened to get forward. Passing and running at a snail pace alerting the opposition to our intentions 10 minutes before we try and execute it, poorly. Horrible to watch and certainly no better than Puel ball at the minute. I just don't know what's gone wrong. 

Playing out from the back is so last year. It fvcked Arsenal up and it will fvck us up.

Too many backwards and safe passing, not enough movement and running off the ball. The intensity and pressing just isn’t there. 

The only ones who actually looked like they had a bit of quality was Castagne who I thought played well and Tielemans, who I know gave the ball away a few times but had a bit of intent at least. Also Maddison looked decent when he came on.

Soumare and Daka, it’s early days, but they were worryingly bad. Vestergaard is just rank bad.

The rest are either just lacking in form and confidence (Soyuncu) or just not at the required level, sorry to say Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

You have to ask yourself,what does kolo toure bring to the team as he is the defensive coach.

You hardly see him hear from him,get Steve Walsh in there.

I dunno why but I read this in gammon 

lol 

14 minutes ago, WalMelton said:

Shocking!!! 
But best thing is we never going to win it.

We need to concentrate on staying in Prem…

The way we playing is shocking…

plus we got a clown in charge….

he won’t be here for long!!!! 

Laugh mate… he won’t be here much longer. All part of His plan….🤞🤞

We are so much superior than them but we let them defend in their shape whilst we pissed about. We had so many good opportunities in the wings to do something but we ended up passing to one of our centre backs who would just ljmp a straight ball into the box! Awful

tactics.

Reminiscent of the west ham in many ways. Lots of squad players underwhelmed. The young uns also suffered 

I dont get the constant sideways movement. All the players go for the safe and easy option. So predictable and slow. 

Although we created some decent chances, the finishing was musa levels. 

I honestly think Evans' loss can't be understated. The whole midfield was off today.

Arrrgg...and my pint of ale tasted shite too.

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Agree with this. Everyone makes the safe pass backwards too often. We don't have someone in the team to roll their sleeves up and drive us on when things aren't going well.

Is the safe passing down to a lack of confidence or because Rodgers is obsessed with control and possession? The only time I've seen Rodgers show any genuine passion on the touchline was when we were 3 up in the first half v West Brom in March after playing fast, attacking football. He started kicking water bottles around. We then came out in the second and "controlled" the game without looking like scoring and he said he was very happy with the second half performance. Since then we've been dull and boring even when we've scraped the odd win. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Soumare Is awful, In any game this season he’s appeared he’s been pants. I really had high hopes for him but Big Dan is a better footballer then him. Daka reminds me of musa and vestergard is probably the worst defender to play for us since we’ve been back in the premier league including Ryan Bennett. Reminds me of the summer Peter Taylor had that mad transfer window and signed aload of shite.

You mean the powder puff defender who can’t tackle, blasts back passes back to Kasper and passes virtually everything sideways or backwards

41 minutes ago, Koke said:

Puel ball with better players. 

Just as boring as our present Football & critics-platform.

Keep yapping and bring up a long gone manager...

But this is Rodgers- ball & so called stars, playing crap.....

i will give this LCFC-group, until End of November to start to think, What they would like to be remembered for...

a 2 season over-achievers, or up their credability...the so called stars have to prove that potential thats being claimed..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Think of the chances we missed.

Perez kicking it away from goal instead of into the net 1st half.

Perez later in 1st half nicking that one off Daka and shooting wide.

Perez disallowed goal, which looked harsh.

Daka getting the ball under his feet and behind himself when he might have got a shot in.

Vestergaard header off his shoulder stopped on the line.

Madders into side netting at the end.

We ARE making chances, we just need the monks back in or something to change how it drops for us.

• Like 1