Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Legia Warsaw 0-1 Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I still believe the defence is the problem and individual errors to be honest.

One massive change that people don't really talk about it is Big Wes retiring. Him around the team and defence in training would be a huge miss his experience really would help.

A great influence undoubtedly and why I think we need an oufield captain not Kasper. But Big Wes was all but gone as a player after the PL title season, without calling into question his desire and commitment. We have had time to move on. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Our schedule makes that v difficult …

Let’s just opt out. We so knackered.

I seem to remember playing in Championship twice a week. Now all of a sudden we can’t play once…. Funny as f**k…

absolutely Shyte… 

We as a club should be telling the premier league clubs to get a grip.

I’m sure Brentford are loving this crap….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

I just can't get my head around the game plan, again.

5 defenders, no wingers, no No. 10 and no dribblers against a team that we knew would sit deep and hit us on the counter. Instead he played players that like to pass it sideways or backwards. You need at least one ball carrier or creative spark in there somewhere. He set us up as if we were playing Liverpool or Man City away. To stick with that for 77 minutes is just simply baffling. 

I genuinely hate our style of play. I haven't enjoyed watching us play since before Christmas. Rodgers coaches his team to play like that as he likes the "control", but it's not working and it's terrible to sit through.

This "control" is the most frustrating thing because it couldn't be further from the truth.. teams WANT us to play the ball around, knowing full well that if they put us under enough pressure, we will make mistakes. West Ham sussed us out perfectly and other teams have followed and will keep following. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hamilton Fox said:

This can’t be right, kdh and soumare and Daka  were fours at best.. most of the others too come to think of it

Just now, oxtonfox said:

they didn’t watch the match just the Man U game on rewind

9 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Vestergaard's mother works for Sky

I reckon there default is 7 and after they adjusted Amartey, Cags and Vestergaard they couldn't be arsed anymore (also I didn't think Amartey was the worst of the 3) 

8 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

This "control" is the most frustrating thing because it couldn't be further from the truth.. teams WANT us to play the ball around, knowing full well that if they put us under enough pressure, we will make mistakes. West Ham sussed us out perfectly and other teams have followed and will keep following. 

I was about to say the same.  Rodgers seems to confuse "possession" with "control".  In fact, the more possession we have the more we play into our opponent's hands and cede control to them.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek but I think there has been a gradual drop in standard since moving. It does appear the culture around the club has become all too nice and comfortable, and I include our supporters in that. The air is thick with a sense of entitlement. It just appears to me that our opponents are trying harder and in general have a much more positive attitude. The Legia supporters and players fought for hard for the win and deserved it much more than us.

Agree

Seem to have lost that hunger we used to have. 

Pressing seems to be half hearted for the most part and the basics like set pieces and passing and moving are very sloppy as a result

Just now, Spudulike said:

Lost the will to read through this but why was the Perez goal ruled out? 

Amartey and a Legia player holding onto each other, Legia player doing everything he could to stop Amartey running forward... ref blew his whistle before Perez put the ball in the net so VAR couldn't do anything

• Thanks 2

Woeful tbh

Why didn't we start like we did against Napoli? 

Let's be honest, they were absolutely garbage, and the one thing you don't do is give a team like that, a foot hold in the game. 

We did, then we spend the rest of the game chasing the result, which could lead in cards and injuries to the side in the longer term. 

I do believe in Brendan but he really does need to get us back on the front foot in games, like when he 1st took over. 

We've got a really good side, and he needs to get us firing again