Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Legia Warsaw 0-1 Post Match Thread

I don't even think we can lay to much blame on the defence today, they didn't have a great to do. They just didn't do it when they had to! They could have 3 from as many chances.

No, we didn't win because we were turgid in attack. We try to break teams down and we just don't have the pace, movement and passing to do it. We continually try to weave magic in tight spaces and it's not working. We need to turn possession into something incisive, all this patient probing is playing into the hands of the opposition.

I know we had loads of time but yet again we’ve had a good goal ruled out! Amartey is trying to attack the ball and the defender is trying to block him, unsuccessfully! How the ref sees that as an Amartey foul is ****ing as stupid as BR’s tactics tonight.

Had enough of crap refs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only small plus point of tonight was James Maddison, he looked quicker and wanted the ball. I'm scraping the barrel and it's very very early days but hopefully this few games being dropped will have got him angry and determined.

This and I thought KDH was the best player on the pitch. He put in a good shift. Shame about the rest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clarkey123 said:

Fair enough Thomas is still a young lad and one of our own, but he was the most boring player in the side to watch today, actually dreaded it when they passed him the ball. Gave us absolutely nothing going forward and epitomised everything the team did today, play it safe when you’re 1-0 down 

I don't doubt your view but maybe he was just following instruction? 

• Like 2

Sick of Brendan reflecting that we improved in the second half. 

Not really mate, it's just natural that if poor teams take the lead against you they will concede control of the game.

Starting to understand the deluded Brendan tag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The worry with tonight’s lack of performance is that it stemmed from poor coaching.

Brendan’s picked a team that on paper should do a job - but what was completely lacking was any notion of pattern of play and how we were going to go about scoring goals.

Our dire tempo, directionless passing and lack of off the ball movement are all hallmarks of a side that has been sent out without sufficient preparation and instruction.

Some serious work on the training ground to find our attacking identity is desperately needed.

The worrying thing for me is that there’s supposed to be a blueprint of how we want to play and all teams through the club play the same way so they know what to expect. We seem to be getting slower moving the ball and nobody seems to know what they are supposed to be doing going forward 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fox1980 said:

The worrying thing for me is that there’s supposed to be a blueprint of how we want to play and all teams through the club play the same way so they know what to expect. We seem to be getting slower moving the ball and nobody seems to know what they are supposed to be doing going forward 

I'm still not quite at the point that I'll turn on Rodgers, but something is really wrong with the squad, not just the usual first team.

- Slow build up play and a ridiculous obsession with passing it along the back line a d playing it short from Kasper.

- Vestegard looks like a milk float.

- Soyuncu reminds me of Bamba.

- No creative nous and a fear of attacking.

- I thought we'd had a great transfer window, but none of them look ready or able to compete for a starting place.

- Tielemans, Barnes, Maddison, Perez, Soyuncu, Perreira, Vestegard all off form, which just isn't sustainable.

1 minute ago, Big Wes Says Yes said:

I'm still not quite at the point that I'll turn on Rodgers, but something is really wrong with the squad, not just the usual first team.

- Slow build up play and a ridiculous obsession with passing it along the back line a d playing it short from Kasper.

- Vestegard looks like a milk float.

- Soyuncu reminds me of Bamba.

- No creative nous and a fear of attacking.

- I thought we'd had a great transfer window, but none of them look ready or able to compete for a starting place.

- Tielemans, Barnes, Maddison, Perez, Soyuncu, Perreira, Vestegard all off form, which just isn't sustainable.

However big Sol had a goal in him, whereas Soyunco doesn’t 

• Like 1

Its went wrong when we signed bertrand and vesergaard half of saints rubbish defence.

We had enough full backs for cover so should have used those wages and vestergaard salary amd transfer to go for tarkowski or even kabak would have been better than vestergaard hes slower than morgan with the turn of a b52 bomber ffs