Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Legia Warsaw 0-1 Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Tonight it was them plus Ndidi and Iheanacho.

Not enough?

Nacho has been a sub all season.

I'm all for supporting your team and defending them, but the lack of 2/3 players doesn't justify the malaise and the turgid football we are watching now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

I just can't get my head around the game plan, again.

5 defenders, no wingers, no No. 10 and no dribblers against a team that we knew would sit deep and hit us on the counter. Instead he played players that like to pass it sideways or backwards. You need at least one ball carrier or creative spark in there somewhere. He set us up as if we were playing Liverpool or Man City away. To stick with that for 77 minutes is just simply baffling. 

I genuinely hate our style of play. I haven't enjoyed watching us play since before Christmas. Rodgers coaches his team to play like that as he likes the "control", but it's not working and it's terrible to sit through.

But he loses that control as soon as we concede, and it seems that we pretty much always concede first now..... so makes absolutely no sense as a strategy.

I agree - it's really not enjoyable to watch.

• Like 1

I'm getting worried. I tipped us to finish 3rd in the group. 4th is nailed on. 

Sick of seeing pics of players/BR laughing during training etc & then see them perform so badly.

Is it a case of we believe we are so good after a great 5 years or so of success, we just need to turn up to win ? 

I know we have injuries etc. but not working hard & constantly being unable to do the basic fundamentals is not good enough. 

Edited by STEVIE B
Spelling

The most inept, weak, limo, pathetic, timid performance you could wish for in an away game, against a sub-standard European team (no disrespect).

Let’s be honest …. They were gone be “up for it” … 1 place above the Polish relegation zone …. Ride out the first 15mins, get a foothold in the game. Control possession …. Noooooooooooooo, everything was horrid! We couldn’t pass, we sure as hell couldnt defend (no change there), we were toothless in attack. I’ve been reluctant to say it, but this season smacks of Ranieri 16/17 …. I said it in a post a day or 2 ago, every club & manager has a lifecycle (however long or short), it really is starting to feel like things are “off the boil” to me ….. if we don’t win at Palace, and the performance is equally as limp, then it’s looking dire. And that’s not an over reaction by any stretch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The worry with tonight’s lack of performance is that it stemmed from poor coaching.

Brendan’s picked a team that on paper should do a job - but what was completely lacking was any notion of pattern of play and how we were going to go about scoring goals.

Our dire tempo, directionless passing and lack of off the ball movement are all hallmarks of a side that has been sent out without sufficient preparation and instruction.

Some serious work on the training ground to find our attacking identity is desperately needed.

....that is the usual comment used by managers to shut a conversation down!!!

I always wonder what the Coaches do in between matches, the same shortfalls that we see every week are still there in every game. Lack of movements, taking throw ins where it becomes an instant turnover to the opposition, not playing triangles, ineffectively heading the ball and finally keeping the ball on the ground and stop putting the ball in the air into the box, it is ineffective as we do not have players who are coached to make the runs to get on to balls played aerially.

Just taking a look at the percentage of our corners hitting the near post. Put a big man at the near post about 5 yards towards the corner flag from the near post. Someone (a defender) will have to come and take up a position beside or in front of him. Any contact from the ball will be an incredibly difficult to adjust to by the Keeper or defenders. There are no innovations coming from the Coaching staff and we need to stop being so dour, in our approach and outlook.  

• Like 1