Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Legia Warsaw 0-1 Post Match Thread

Shades of Zorya last season again, just completely flat. The two who did put in respectable performances were stiffled by the formation, Daka particularly just received crap service; having Tielemans, Soumare and KDH should equate to some sort of creativity but all of our play being limited to "pass it around the back, one drops out of midfield to receive, pass it back" ad infinitum just doesn't equate to successful play, it's possession football for the sake of it and when you give the ball away too often you're serving up consecutive counter attacks to defend, with zero benefit.

I also thought Castagne played well.

It's so hard for me to understand just how bad our defence has become without Evans, it's incredible, composure and confidence is half of what it was. Soumare looked like he'd put his boots on the wrong feet in the first half. I really, really want to like Vestergaard, he looked good last season at Southampton, and the EURO's; he's just not making it any easier for himself with the way some of our fans are.

Maddison again looked good off the bench. I'd start him in the Cup games.

Also lastly, the ref. I acknowledge our performance wasn't great and hasn't been recently, but the referee was awful again. Twice he got in the way of the ball, once for each team. One of their players got booked for having a pop at him while it was 1-0 in the second half. He had no control of timewasting(a common theme). The cards were seemingly random - Luke Thomas got a yellow very early on for standing on his man's toe, but the play was going nowhere and it was definitely accidental.

We need Evans back. 3 centre backs is overkill, we need that extra man further up the field but our defence looks flimsy even with 3 cb's and 2 wing backs.

• Like 3

What a shadow of a team we have become , this constant slow start , play slow play side ways play backwards is killing us . Thomas is going to be a good player in time but he needs to learn that he can play forwards not backwards every time . YOURI was terrible tonight the worst I have seen , he looks tired but we don’t have another playmaker at all , our whole season is falling apart , we will be lucky to finish in the top 12 and we can kiss good bye to Europe, Rodgers again waited to long to bring players on surly he could see that what he had out there wasn’t working . 

7 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Don't think there's a single positive you can take from that. Dire

Maddison looks the best he has this season, even with squandering a couple of golden chances.  That's all I got.

Oh, and I still hate 5 at the back.

Edited by Deeg67

What a complete embarrassment they were tonight. Got dominated by the equivilent of Barnsley. 

Can't blame injuries, we had more than enough quality players to turn these over. 

What you can blame is clueless tactics. How can it take Rodgers 70 minutes to realise something isn't working when thousands of others can see it after 10 minutes. 

Get me on the flight home.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

What a complete embarrassment they were tonight. Got dominated by the equivilent of Barnsley. 

Can't blame injuries, we had more than enough quality players to turn these over. 

What you can blame is clueless tactics. How can it take Rodgers 70 minutes to realise something isn't working when thousands of others can see it after 10 minutes. 

Get me on the flight home.

There were players out there who should not play again , big dan , hall , Perez and young Thomas until he learns that he can go forward with the ball not bloody backwards all game . And poor YOURI he looks tired , his worst ever game 

13 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

Rodgers is constantly negative in Europe. Liverpool, Celtic now us. If it was Puel he would be vilified but Rodgers gets away with it because of qualifying for Europe and winning the cup.  His football has become boring this season 

I pointed out BR 's record in Europe when I was saying he will get us dumped out and I was roundly attacked for being negative. 

BR is the most contemptuous manager in the competition. He lost against some absolute shit with Liverpool, Celtic and now us. BR either doesn't learn lessons (i think this is becoming clear) or he genuinely doesn't care. 

I'll say it again but imagine being the manager of Leicester City in Europe and not taking it seriously. What is the ****ing point in football????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You know it's a massive result for them when they're selling a commemorative t-shirt on the pitch 15 minutes after FT. 

The difference in resources between the two clubs is huge. Don't believe Rodgers when he says we're "privileged" to be playing there, this is a massive, massive scalp for them and a terrible result for us up there with (some of) our worst. 

The players disappearing down the tunnel at the end need collaring as well, absolutely disgraceful not coming over to the away end to acknowledge the fans given the hoops they jumped through to be there. 

Fair play though for Kasper coming and speaking with the fans, interesting that apparently one lad told him we're a bunch of girls (edited for family viewing), and he agreed. We've been soft for a long long time. 

Did the manager go over to the travelling fans? 

I'm disgusted at the attitude that is creeping into the squad. It's a disgrace. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dorsetboy said:

Its went wrong when we signed bertrand and vesergaard half of saints rubbish defence.

We had enough full backs for cover so should have used those wages and vestergaard salary amd transfer to go for tarkowski or even kabak would have been better than vestergaard hes slower than morgan with the turn of a b52 bomber ffs  

Did wonder if BR wanted Tarkowski and Rudders over-ruled him, and on Kaspers recommendation and decent Euros, we got cheaper Vesty instead. Hence Brendan looking like he's had enough, and is thinking about his next job, and this has got through to Youri and the rest of the squad.

Sick n tired of this slow, lacck lustre, sideways and backwards passing shite.  How bad is Soumare?  Noticed he cant trap a ball.  It seems to bounce off him and go 10 yards towards the opposition.  We look knackered, love to know what they are doing at Seagrave they certainly arent doing any running perhaps too much time in the swimming pool.

You realise its bad when bloody Steve Mcmanaman takes the piss out of  us, but he was right.