Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Legia Warsaw 0-1 Post Match Thread

12 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Rodgers did come out to us and clapped but it means next to nothing after he's watched that 90 minutes of utter farce.

Schmeichel also actually came back out too, and actually came under the netting and put his head through a gap in the perspex to speak with fans.

You could see animated fans talking to him, and him nodding at them. I dont think he was getting any stick, but he was certainly being told some home truths about the squad.

Good to hear from Kasper 

Not sure it will make any difference as the manager has clear and obvious contempt for European competition. 

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Hope that Mr Lineker's quality time with the family last night eclipsed the quality on the pitch. Well worth giving up a lucrative BT Sport contract to follow LCFC at the moment. :facepalm:

I'm guessing he didn't have the same experience as the 800 in the stands 

I would hate being a striker in this team. We have so many opportunities to whip a ball in, I don’t mean a floaty one I mean whipped in which will cause them problems but we recycle the ball back to our centre backs. I’d be fuming if I was Daka! At least try some give and goes on the wing!

Guys on here say defence is the problem but I didn’t think we had much to do defensively and their goal was one of them that goes through the players legs. It happens but our attacking threat was so bad for almost all of that game. Pissing me off.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I would hate being a striker in this team. We have so many opportunities to whip a ball in, I don’t mean a floaty one I mean whipped in which will cause them problems but we recycle the ball back to our centre backs. I’d be fuming if I was Daka! At least try some give and goes on the wing!

Guys on here say defence is the problem but I didn’t think we had much to do defensively and their goal was one of them that goes through the players legs. It happens but our attacking threat was so bad for almost all of that game. Pissing me off.

The defense, and goalie, is the problem as far as transitioning the ball into midfield and attck quick enough. At the moment i don't think we have the ability, or desire, to counter attack as it's all just too slow getting the ball out of defense. 

4 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Rodgers did come out to us and clapped but it means next to nothing after he's watched that 90 minutes of utter farce.

Schmeichel also actually came back out too, and actually came under the netting and put his head through a gap in the perspex to speak with fans.

You could see animated fans talking to him, and him nodding at them. I dont think he was getting any stick, but he was certainly being told some home truths about the squad.

He got told the squad’s a bunch of fannies basically. 

Not his fault and he always makes himself accountable so do feel slightly sorry for him as he got the brunt of the annoyance from the fans. 

• Like 4

I am still seething after that even though it is 21 hours later. We go to Palace and I have zero confidence we will get anything. To me it looks like this team are afraid to play attacking football. How long will it be before even Lookman gets the ball and then turns sideways and passes back like the rest of them are doing.

This is incredibly frustrating.  In the great escape season there were some poor games but there was always hope, considerable effort and fair entertainment with the likes of Ulloa, Cambiasso etc. Just now, we have none of that and even worse results.

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

I am still seething after that even though it is 21 hours later. We go to Palace and I have zero confidence we will get anything. To me it looks like this team are afraid to play attacking football. How long will it be before even Lookman gets the ball and then turns sideways and passes back like the rest of them are doing.

This is incredibly frustrating.  In the great escape season there were some poor games but there was always hope, considerable effort and fair entertainment with the likes of Ulloa, Cambiasso etc. Just now, we have none of that and even worse results.

Btw barnes use to just run forward... terrifying for defenders on their heels. He needs to get thst back.

6 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I’m sure that he had to put up with some stick but I really respect him coming over and talking to the fans. Players not coming over after an awful performance has always riled me, these are guys who in some cases, are earning six figure weekly salaries.

It appeared that many just fvcked off down the tunnel at full time. The least you can do is thank supporters who have paid hundreds and had to jump through many hoops in order to support them. 

Rodgers should have been dragging them over to the away section last night. At least clap the fans and giveaway your shirt to a young supporter.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I’m sure that he had to put up with some stick but I really respect him coming over and talking to the fans. Players not coming over after an awful performance has always riled me, these are guys who in some cases, are earning six figure weekly salaries.

It appeared that many just fvcked off down the tunnel at full time. The least you can do is thank supporters who have paid hundreds and had to jump through many hoops in order to support them. 

Maybe they were overcome with self loathing..

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Maybe they were overcome with self loathing..

Maybe. However, in tough spells it is important to not disenfranchise supporters. Going straight down the tunnel after a clueless display is doing exactly that. 

• Like 1

Haven’t read this thread yet so not sure what others think, but for me we really aren’t looking very good at the moment. Shambles at the back at times, ponderous and predictable in attack, and too many mistakes and poor passing in midfield. Literally the only bright (ish) spot in this match was that Maddison looked somewhat hungrier than of late.

Perhaps I’m being over dramatic, but I suspect that the good times might be coming to an end, or at least pausing for a while (perhaps like they did immediately after the title season). We really don’t have any right to expect anything different as a middling club, but it is still a bit disappointing.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The fact we had 5 subs and he didn't make at least one at half time is astonishing really. I know he had plans to give the starting an hour

Like a pre season friendly. 

Give em 60 regardless of performance and stick to that plan. 

Pre-season is how BR treats these games 

7 hours ago, adejo92 said:

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He got told the squad’s a bunch of fannies basically. 

Not his fault and he always makes himself accountable so do feel slightly sorry for him as he got the brunt of the annoyance from the fans. 

Yeah someone told him the squad is a bunch of pussies bar 1 or 2.. got told he agreed with it too. 

That soft under belly coming our again... shock.

• Like 3