Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Legia Warsaw 0-1 Post Match Thread

Best squad in absolute decades and we’re playing some of the worst football we’ve ever played. 

it’s boring, it’s slow, it’s predictable. We can’t defend.  It really simply falls on the manager, it’s not working and the players seem disinterested. 

This is going to be hard to turn around. I’m out of suggestions because it doesn’t matter what team or shape we put out, if youre going to move the ball as slow as that.  We seem to just hope something will magically come together and that there will suddenly be a defensive lapse that leaves a massive hole but we basically mess around with the ball and rely on a defender to attempt a stupid pass. 

It’s not often I watch thinking we will never score but I felt that from the moment they scored today. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Their goal, once again, came from schmicheals shit floated pass into the midfield. He’s got to sort this out.

That's the least of our worries.

BR needs to know that the opposition goal is not where our goal is and stop passing it around the back for 75 mins to bring on subs without changing the formation of the team.

We are ****ing dreadful all over the pitch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

some of the best Best training facilities in the world

maybe they like doing passing drills a bit too much

Perhaps they just like waterpolo because they are obviously not doing any ****ing football training.i blame Rodgers for this mess has I have said before he took the credit when it was going well know its at his door and should take the blame and comes out and says he has got it wrong this season

• Like 1

The upshot of that is best case scenario we’re going to need something from Naples now, and it’s unlikely they’ll have walked the group and qualified by then because of today’s results.

I’ve seen on here our lack of European experience doesn’t matter. It really does and Moscow ain’t going to be any easier. Can’t believe they’re as bad as Legia were to beat Napoli.

I’m off to put killing me slowly by The Fugees on because that’s Leicester City at the moment. 

There’s no passion, no pattern, no shape, no style. 

We are just incapable of speeding up our play as a team, we are relying on individual moments of quality to get us there. 

I’m not going for individuals or Brendan but with the squad we have it’s not even close to being good enough. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

..not helped by weak-ass defenders who don’t know how to defend…

Unfortunately because of injuries we'll just have to put up with this defence until the January window to see if we can bring in another decent defender or two or unless Brendan can sort this defensive problem out without having to spend in January  ?

Really disappointed with Vestergaard thought he would bring something to the defence but he’s lacking in quality Cags needs a Johnny Evans to keep him calm but looks like we can’t rely on him for every game because of his injuries, Fofana is missed immensely!

Edited by justfoxes

Rodgers gives a masterclass in how to lose an unloseable game. His skewered thinking on selection and tactics reminds me of Ranieri’s second season. He’s getting it all wrong at the moment and needs one of his assistants to tell him so otherwise his stubbornness and arrogance could lead us towards a major meltdown.

We're not learning are we? Far too easy to play against. I suspect opposition managers can download the playbook from the web now.

We don't move the ball quickly enough, we allow their defence to get set and then we try and play through a brick wall.

We're becoming an easy 3 points, for all the skilled players we have.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Tielemans, who fancies himself as a leader, was extremely poor (and has been for a few games now) and did nothing to galvanise a team that really lacked leadership

And yet, he was the only one able to make passes that penetrated Legias defense. 

Rodgers has his job cut out - we stifled ourselves with our formation and roles. He needs to do better with the tools at his disposal.

• Like 1

So many games we have to go a goal down and then get desperate and try and play some football with 15 mins to go.

What do we do at Seagrave as we look Slow, Lack of ideas, and some players look lost.

Losing Fofana and Evans yes isn’t ideal, but we shouldn’t be using this as an excuse for a lot of our extremely poor play, and a lot of it is extremely basic stuff.

Is Rodgers effect slowly wearing off? was the mix of possession and counter attack our perfect mix and this season possession at all costs.....are some players not really buying it? 

Yes its early in the season, but from what we’re seeing, it does look concerning as we look miles away from being good, let alone firing on all cylinders.

With what’s being served up at the minute, it’s like it’s a mid table end of season dead rubber as there is no fight or urgency and everything is just too Nice! 

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Agree with this. Everyone makes the safe pass backwards too often. We don't have someone in the team to roll their sleeves up and drive us on when things aren't going well.

Doesn't help having Kasper as captain. Need an outfielder with some real grit. I had thought Youri but he hides as much as the others nowadays and looks as if he wants away.