Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Legia Warsaw 0-1 Post Match Thread

Daka’s first touch doesn’t look great and probably demonstrated why he’s not getting much of a look in.

Vestergaard is just slow and awful. Please get well soon Jonny and Wes! 

How come we’ve managed to sign players: Vesty, Bertrand, Soumare and Daka who don’t look like they’ve improved the starting eleven? Only Lookman looks like he’s given us options and he’s on loan. 

We looked better with Maddison and Barnes on the pitch despite the boo boys.

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 3

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, I get sick of seeing this, did you not see how high and wide Castagne and Luke were?

So they got high and wide, but created zilch.

When I say width, I want my players taking players on and putting balls in the box, we saw nothing of that

But I don’t blame the full backs, I blame the manager for playing a terrible team.

• Like 3

Rodgers is having a mare at the minute. 

Surely go strong in the early games so you can rotate when you've got the job of qualifying done? 

Why make the subs so late?

Why stick with 5 at the back for so long against a team not interested in attacking?

Oh, and the new signings were all awful tonight - Daka, Vestagaard and Soumaré. 

Lose in Moscow next up and we can forget even the Conference league. 

• Like 2

Poor by the players coming into the squad this season; KDH, Soumare, Daka and Vestergaard all poor. Tielemans looks like his mind is elsewhere. Should’ve gone 4 atb when Barnes/Maddison came on. Time for Ward?

Tough one to defend tonight.

Edited by brookfox

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

Dana’s first touch doesn’t look great and probably demonstrated why he’s not getting much of a look in.

Vestergaard is just slow and awful. Please get well soon Jonny and Wes! 

How come we’ve managed to sign players: Vesty, Bertrand, Soumare and Daka who don’t look like they’ve improved the starting eleven? Only Lookman looks like he’s given us options and he’s on loan. 

We looked better with Maddison and Barnes on the pitch despite the boo boys.

Why have we ended up with 50% of the Southampton defence we put 9 past.. who’s idea was that?! 

• Like 1

Has Barnes ever been good as a substitute? 

Im sure someone will come back with loads of examples but every time I remember he's been awful. Such a one trick pony.

Maddison was lively but looks like he's kicking the heaviest football in the world. 

Soumare was poor, Dewsbury-hall not much better. Tielemans is not at is best but still only one who even tries to create. 

Vestergaard/Soyuncu partnership up there with the worst we've had. 

Rodgers lacks inspiration, needs to be the type of manager to get everyone up for it at the minute. Lack of fitness is worrying. 

Part of me knows we are due a bad season, it was inevitable but let's do it at least having a go. 

• Like 2

I can’t believe how bad that was. The team selection, the tactics, the performance, the negativity, the sticking with 5 defenders until the 77th minute. Turgid, passive, tame and embarrassing.

I don’t mind losing but at least give it a good go.

Maybe I’m overreacting but I think, bearing in mind the opposition, that was one of the worst performances under Rodgers.

Everyone one of them, apart from Vardy, looks void of confidence. Time to question the manager?

• Like 3

Much better second half, I thought. Lots of nice intricate passing but Legia defended with their lives. If we'd have done that from the off, we'd have worn them down I reckon.

It's a shame but I thought we were nowhere near as abject as we were in the first half. We don't like these away games in Eastern Europe do we.

One thing's for certain. The defence needs sorting somehow.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shen said:

And yet, he was the only one able to make passes that penetrated Legias defense. 

Rodgers has his job cut out - we stifled ourselves with our formation and roles. He needs to do better with the tools at his disposal.

Telemann was better than Soumare or KDH.

It is our centre backs that are pisspoor and needing leadership. That is what we are missing without Evans. 

If we don't get 3 points in Moscow then I can't see us getting out of the group. I can see that Napoli will put out a strong team against Warsaw in the 3rd game.

Just as well that we didn't get CL. It would have been lambs to the slaughter.