Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Legia Warsaw 0-1 Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

100 pages of eulogy on the transfer thread. The kid can play but its gonna take some time.

I hope so because he looks curiously like the Musa signing on that evidence: quick, but not much ability.

Too early to right off, but looks a long way from ready based on this match alone 

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

Daka’s first touch doesn’t look great and probably demonstrated why he’s not getting much of a look in.

Vestergaard is just slow and awful. Please get well soon Jonny and Wes! 

How come we’ve managed to sign players: Vesty, Bertrand, Soumare and Daka who don’t look like they’ve improved the starting eleven? Only Lookman looks like he’s given us options and he’s on loan. 

We looked better with Maddison and Barnes on the pitch despite the boo boys.

Patience. 

I know it's an alien concept, now more than ever, but we cannot judge players on so little evidence when the entire side bare Kel and Vardy seem short of confidence and form.

And I think Maddison has possibly been the worst of all so far this season, even Vestergaard and Soyuncu. Glad he had a more encouraging cameo today. Let's hope he can build a bit on that, because we badly need his ball-carrying skills.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Is Brendan coaching not to lose tactics. Our possession stats suggest so. Keeping the ball in a non attacking area reduces the amount of chances the opposition get and shortens the game in your favour.

Possession football is all about keeping the ball and that way the opposition doesn’t have it and can’t score. Worked well tonight didn’t it! 🙈

Found it very frustrating for all of the reasons already mentioned.

1) Negative defensive formation. Is that necessary?

2) Overthinking players and manager. We know the majority of these players have played well for us the last 2 years. They can do much better. 

3) I think we’re clearly missing the lack of defensive leadership of Johnny Evans and it appears there’s a distinct lack of communication in the back line. Unfortunately we can’t rely on Evans so someone has to be responsible for how the back 4/5 takes shape. 

4) The lack of changes in the first 15 mins if the second half. Really irritating as why isn’t it so obvious to the management that a shake up is needed.

5) That being said, there was the Perez goal which I still don’t know how this wasn’t given. Would love to know why as everything seemed fine! If that equaliser goes in I’m convinced we win it.

6) Again if Vestegaard aims anywhere but at the goalie that header is in and with half an hour to go, again I believe we go on to win it.

7) With the players we have at our disposal it would be nice to impose our game. If we could do that then no one would mind it if we controlled the game with meaningless possession at the end. That could be seen as seeing the game out at least.

I kind of understand what Rodgers is trying to do, but with the players we have it really doesn’t have to be this static. He’s seen us through some amazing times so he absolutely deserves the time to change things.

Just now, shen said:

Patience. 

I know it's an alien concept, now more than ever, but we cannot judge players on so little evidence when the entire side bare Kel and Vardy seem short of confidence and form.

And I think Maddison has possibly been the worst of all so far this season, even Vestergaard and Soyuncu. Glad he had a more encouraging cameo today. Let's hope he can build a bit on that, because we badly need his ball-carrying skills.

He looked too keen…. There’s enough their to have some  patience 

Today was not his day

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

People saying this is the worst we've played in years and it's terrible and Brendan out, etc.

Wow. lol

It's like we lost 10 nil or something.

I don't like losing either, and I appreciate that the sideways stuff isn't pretty or fun.

But we are massively weakened with our absentees and still we had enough chances to get something out of that game. In Europe. A few months after finishing 5th again and winning a cup.

But yeah, booooo, Brendan is Puel, Brendan out etc etc.  

Are you genuinely happy with the tactics?  I'm not "Brendan out", but I am "Brendan stop being so stubborn" (although I'm sure I said the same about Pearson once).

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

People saying this is the worst we've played in years and it's terrible and Brendan out, etc.

Wow. lol

It's like we lost 10 nil or something.

I don't like losing either, and I appreciate that the sideways stuff isn't pretty or fun.

But we are massively weakened with our absentees and still we had enough chances to get something out of that game. In Europe. A few months after finishing 5th again and winning a cup.

But yeah, booooo, Brendan is Puel, Brendan out etc etc.  

Fed up with hearing this. Who are they? Evans, Fofana and Justin. 3 players. Yes, they would made a difference but the problems are elsewhere too and frankly it's an excuse. 

• Like 3

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

I'm pretty speechless at how bad Soumare is. 

Our euro experts on here were absolutely lapping it up when we signed him.

Had mates telling me he’s one of the best prospects in Europe etc. He was shit tonight and clearly didn’t know what role he was playing.

• Like 3

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

I'm pretty speechless at how bad Soumare is. 

Our euro experts on here were absolutely lapping it up when we signed him.

Doesn't take much to make you speechless then. He's obviously a talented player, but lets make hasty judgements.

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Fed up with hearing this. Who are they? Evans, Fofana and Justin. 3 players. Yes, they would made a difference but the problems are elsewhere too and frankly it's an excuse. 

Tonight it was them plus Ndidi and Iheanacho.

Not enough?

• Like 1

Just now, foxinsox said:

How shit must Benkovic be to not get in this defence?

I would rather see Benkovic starting than Vestergaard currently. At least given a go.

It might be the classic case of a player appearing to be better when not in the team but, Vestergaard just isn’t very good! 

We won the Premiership. Given the strength of the top sides at the moment, I think we can forget this for now. We won the F.A. Cup. We could retain that, but if we want to progress, the natural progression is Europe......a European trophy! Surely this is the priority?

So......our main striker, on fire at the moment, gets 8 minutes.

Someone please explain. 

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Basically the 3 that were incredible last season when they played together so yeah makes a massive difference.