Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Legia Warsaw 0-1 Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Bilge…. Total bilge…

We had no clear attempts and were completely lackluster 

We are way better than this…. This was principally our A/B team and you’d expect more from players trying to show they’re good enough to take a place…

Don't be silly

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I'm pretty speechless at how bad Soumare is. 

Our euro experts on here were absolutely lapping it up when we signed him.

I think Soumare and Daka will come good once they have adapted to the team.

Soumare looks to be neither a DM or creative midfielder nor a ball winner, so I am not sure of his role in the team. He can hold the ball up well, but Rogers doesn't seem to like that in a player, as Nacho is our other one who does that well. Rogers seems to want quick passing from them rather than what they do differently.

Edited by foxinsox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Are you genuinely happy with the tactics?  I'm not "Brendan out", but I am "Brendan stop being so stubborn" (although I'm sure I said the same about Pearson once).

No, I'm not happy with the tactics, I'm not convinced we are maximising our talent and some players are persisted with beyond all patience of mine.

But saying sack the manager, Puel, etc is, IMHO, overdoing it.

It was a narrow and quite unlucky loss.  Yes we look poor this season, but I want to stick with Rodgers through a bit of thin after all the thick.

• Like 1

I'm not even particularly angry, tbh.

It was a bit shit. And we've been a bit shit for the best part of the last nine months or so. 

I'm just surprised at how surprised non Leicester following people are at just how shit we are!

Against Palace at the weekend, I'm sure Perez will start, we'll be a bit ponderous and lost looking, Zaha will score and nothing will change until the 65th minute. We'll then have half a stab at drawing and be told afterwards that "The players are honest/it's a tough place to come/They were organised/I can't fault our desire/Blah blah blah."

I'm sure we'll rise again - but this just seems like a bit of a lost opportunity. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I think Soumare and Daka will come good once they have adapted to the team.

Soumare looks to be neither a DM or creative midfielder nor a ball winner, so I am not sure of his role in the team. He can hold the ball up well, but Rogers doesn't seem to like that in a player, as Nacho is our other one who does that well. Rogers seems to want quick passing from them rather than what they do differently.

But done really slowly.

And sideways.

Or backwards.

Soumare Is awful, In any game this season he’s appeared he’s been pants. I really had high hopes for him but Big Dan is a better footballer then him. Daka reminds me of musa and vestergard is probably the worst defender to play for us since we’ve been back in the premier league including Ryan Bennett. Reminds me of the summer Peter Taylor had that mad transfer window and signed aload of shite.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

No, don't buy it. Sorry, the same old excuse. Justin was absent for most of last season. They are missed but Soyuncu was first choice whatever. 

Fair enough, but you sort the defence and the test follows. The confidence comes from the back.

Edited by goose2010
  • Thanks 1

I am not liking this at all! We are a mess at the moment. This rut is gonna take some doing to get out of as we're sinking more and more. On the bright side I do see effort but the confidence, quality and intelligence is severely lacking all over the pitch. Palace is gonna be a tough game which I'll watch from behind the sofa. We are better than this, we will play

better than this but when I wonder? If anyone watched the Manu game yesterday they were also tripe had it not been for a mom de gear performance, 1 brilliant volley and Ronaldo's last gasp winner they should have lost that game by several goals. Our guy who could have been the difference maker is Kelechi and he was on the plane going back. You do make

your own luck and we are magnet for some bad luck too at the moment. Ahh heck keep the faith I guess its all we got at the moment :(

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Soumare Is awful, In any game this season he’s appeared he’s been pants. I really had high hopes for him but Big Dan is a better footballer then him. Daka reminds me of musa and vestergard is probably the worst defender to play for us since we’ve been back in the premier league including Ryan Bennett. Reminds me of the summer Peter Taylor had that mad transfer window and signed aload of shite.

That’s a lot of assumptions to make after less than 300 minutes or play. I agree about Vestegard, though. Never rated him.

I’m not saying sack Rodgers but I am concerned with our performances and lack of cohesion.