Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Something doesn't make sense or seem right...

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Brendan is an excellent coach right?

We have very good players that are massively under performing...

This is the BIG one for me.

There seems to be something happening in the background that I feel is being covered up and I can't put my finger on it.

I'm not sure what... 

I'm probably over reacting but I feel something hasn't been right for a while. 

It feels that way. We have injuries problems but I am confident these players are not as bad as they are showing. 

A lot of our players seem to play better for their international teams or once they move on. I mean Vestergaard can't have played like this throughout his career or else he'd be plying his trade in the Danish second division.

Rodgers has started banging on about slow starts and lack of aggression. Puel also banged on about those things and we all know the players weren't playing for him.

It takes circumstances within a match to fire us up, we very rarely come out of the traps with that fire in our bellies.

Could be trouble in the camp or it could be a drawback to Rodgers calm, laid back persona.

All wild speculation of course, but something doesn't seem right.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Brendan is an excellent coach right?

We have very good players that are massively under performing...

This is the BIG one for me.

There seems to be something happening in the background that I feel is being covered up and I can't put my finger on it.

I'm not sure what... 

I'm probably over reacting but I feel something hasn't been right for a while. 

I said to @Ric Flair pre season, that he was saying lots of bizarre things, I was having this conversation with my Bro and he seems to think he had his head turned, possibly expected Spurs to come in for him or something I don’t know, but he does seem like he is off. Whether something is bothering him behind the scenes, or he is annoyed with the teams form, which can’t be resting well on him. 

I personally really like Brendan, but I’m concerned something isn’t right, like you can’t put my finger on it, but his demeanour seems to have changed over the summer, to me personally anyway. I couldn’t just be talking bollocks but you know. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Whilst it's true and a contributing factor I'm getting sick of hearing the injuries excuse to be quite honest.

Ok, so our first choices aren't available, our second choices might not be at the level of our first but do you not alter to suit them? Get the best out of them? Why persist with the same old shite that clearly isn't working? Personally we're negative even with our first choices, why you'd want to continually put yourself under pressure, run yourselves into trouble is beyond me, even more so with your second choice players.

Or is the management so stubborn, so narrow minded to refuse to alter things, play to the strengths of what they've got, adjust?

Bottom line is you (try) and get the best out of what you've got.

We've done an unbelievable job of coping with injuries for 3/4 of last season but I'm realistic enough to realise that a club like ours can't maintain a top 4/6 assault year in, year out with a lot of key injuries. However, even though I can accept a drop off with us missing 3 of our 4 1st choice defenders, I cannot tolerate that the replacements are so u suitable to Rodgers style of football. Either change the style or huge questions have got to be asked over the recruitment. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I think the players may be questioning his training regime and tactics. Injuries and favouritism in team selection linked to that. Also probably desperate to play more direct and frustrated with sideways high risk rubbish. 

I think you have a good point with the favouritism. 

I felt there was some self preservation in the team line up and it was really unfair to chuck them all into that melting pot tonight with so little cohesion and experience. 

14 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

What isn't right is our manager coming out and saying it's a privilege to play here great win for them we deserved more etc etc etc is Legia ****ing Warsaw we should be walking all over them not just happy to be there, grow some balls and say we are a shambles and things must improve, too much pussyfooting, it's just like the end of Puels reign. No idea on the ball no tactics individual errors, I'm actually not expecting anything different in each game, we will play across the back, lose at least 1 stupid goal, make subs at 65 mins, look good last ten mins, draw or lose. Our confidence is gone and this season could turn ugly very quickly if we ain't careful.

I doubt he says in public what he says in private …. And vice versa 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst it's true and a contributing factor I'm getting sick of hearing the injuries excuse to be quite honest.

Ok, so our first choices aren't available, our second choices might not be at the level of our first but do you not alter to suit them? Get the best out of them? Why persist with the same old shite that clearly isn't working? Personally we're negative even with our first choices, why you'd want to continually put yourself under pressure, run yourselves into trouble is beyond me, even more so with your second choice players.

Or is the management so stubborn, so narrow minded to refuse to alter things, play to the strengths of what they've got, adjust?

Bottom line is you (try) and get the best out of what you've got.

Exactly the team are so slow & negative, today was dull, boring, passive, unimaginative, no movement, one of the worst performances in recent times in my opinion

• Like 1

Burnley came and played exactly like everyone knows how Burnley play. What were we doing all week in training as we didnt have a clue how to play against them. The only player who looked like breaking them down was taken off. Too many times the result mask the performances. Just getting a bit fed up of the pissy passy football that is so boring. Something is wrong at the club that seems to surface quite often. Since pearson, every manager has gone through this sort of spell, and its not ended well for any of them.

• Like 4

Along with certain sections of the fanbase there just doesn't seem to be much more ambition to achieve anything else. It's like we've hit our glass ceiling and there's nothing else to push for.

I'm not saying we've underachieved under Brendan as that's clearly not the case but it all just seems to be a bit nice and laid back.  I feel like a new manager with fresh ideas could really shake things up and get us back to being that tough to beat leaves that we all love 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, blueharmie said:

Hasn't been right since the covid party way back. 

I've said since wolves something looks off and it shows. 

Might be a combination of things but this isn't the leicester city we know and love that's for sure. 

It's dull, slow , souless football. 

A few of us were criticised for our response to that. It’s clear that some members of this group think they can take the piss out of the club, fans and manager. I feel that there’s a sense of entitlement about the squad at the moment which is related, and it means when rough round the edges teams rock up and smack us in the mouth they don’t know how to respond. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

We hear Rodgers say we didn't move the ball quickly enough and we passive but then it happens over and over and over again.

It's like he doesn't realise the reason we're like that is because of everything else he's told them to do and they're overrun with confusion and playing with straight jackets. 

It seems we're over complicating things massively at the moment and his philosophy has taken priority when we haven't got the confidence or man power to administer it effectively.

we need to go back to basics where we just let them play.

Ranieri and NP were masters at this...

Have you got the balls to do it to Brendan? Let them sort it out themselves? 

It's what we took the piss out of Puel for.

All he needs to do is bang on about intensiteeeeee and he'll be a great tribute act.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

We hear Rodgers say we didn't move the ball quickly enough and we passive but then it happens over and over and over again.

It's like he doesn't realise the reason we're like that is because of everything else he's told them to do and they're overrun with confusion and playing with straight jackets. 

It seems we're over complicating things massively at the moment and his philosophy has taken priority when we haven't got the confidence or man power to administer it effectively.

we need to go back to basics where we just let them play.

Ranieri and NP were masters at this...

Have you got the balls to do it to Brendan? Let them sort it out themselves? 

That's the worrying thing with him for me. He doesn't know what the problem is, or doesn't appear to so how on earth is he gonna fix it? The length of the  runs of bad form and results under him are alarming to say the least! 

Overall he's been a successful appointment, that can't be denied but it's gone stale and I don't think he's got it in him to turn it around for us sadly

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Thank goodness someone else has started another reactionary thread based on our recent poor performances!

I was beginning to worry there weren't enough of these threads being started on Foxestalk!

Well don't read them or post here then. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 4