Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Something doesn't make sense or seem right...

conspiracy-theory.jpg

The sky is falling, the sky is falling...

It's 6 games in, and we are 2 wins (6 points) from the team in 2d place.

Yes, we have not been playing well. But that means that when/if we start to play better, the results would also more likely get better. Frankly, would be more worried if we were playing great and losing. 

Meanwhile, not a single player has complained or moaned about Brendan or anything else - not even Benkovich!

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

What isn't right is our manager coming out and saying it's a privilege to play here great win for them we deserved more etc etc etc is Legia ****ing Warsaw we should be walking all over them not just happy to be there, grow some balls and say we are a shambles and things must improve, too much pussyfooting, it's just like the end of Puels reign. No idea on the ball no tactics individual errors, I'm actually not expecting anything different in each game, we will play across the back, lose at least 1 stupid goal, make subs at 65 mins, look good last ten mins, draw or lose. Our confidence is gone and this season could turn ugly very quickly if we ain't careful.

It's as ugly as Priti Patel already!...

And that's ugly!!😂

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Whilst it's true and a contributing factor I'm getting sick of hearing the injuries excuse to be quite honest.

Last season Liverpool lost Van Dijk and Gomez early (and subsequently Matip) and tumbled all the way down to mid-table before ultimately garnering some stability and finding form in the run-in to the end of the season - and we do not have as deep a squad as Liverpool. Losing Evans and Fofana in the centre of the defense (where IMHO most of our current problems have its genesis) is IMMENSE, not to mention Justin who gives us a top quality option at several positions. The new lads seem to need a minute to bed-in (not everyone is Fofana), but little doubt there's quality in that squad of players. We'll likely right this ship soon enough.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

We need a boost in the summer, some who would come in a give us a really lift. That little extra piece of quality.

Instead we have brought 5 players who don't improve the 11 ad have left the maanger confused on his starting 11.

Other then Lookman not one of them has had a real impact.

They maybe good long term signing, but we have spent 60m on players they don't get into our starting 11.

Our biggest issue the past two seasons was a lack of quality depth, and we have (seemingly) addressed that in the summer window.

Personally, I also would have loved to see a new premium player (preferably RW) that gives us "that little extra piece of quality" in the starting lineup but we probably were not ready to shell out a PL or "Leicester Premium" for one, and if Lookman continues playing (and developing) as well as he's started, we'll likely be having the last laugh!  

Edited by NaijaFox

I do think there is an element of ‘what do we do now’ about this season. It’s as though they’re not sure they can get to the next level so they’ve peaked and fear the only way is down.

I suspect it will pass eventually but even the best teams ebb and flow in this way and at present we are definitely not in the right frame of mind,

We have the 8th highest wage bill in the league with Everton above us and West Ham, Wolves, Villa only slightly lower than us. 

We’ve been lucky in previous seasons with the quality of players compared to our wage bill:

- Fuchs actually doesn’t get the credit he deserves he was quality and better than Bertrand.

Signing players like Vestergaard is just what other clubs do I.e. sighing established players that turn out to be flops (Haller, Rodriguez, Felipe Anderson, 

Weve been very Lucky with our recent signings . Eventually our luck will start to run out. Having players like Bertrand and Vestergaard in the starting 11 suggests that’s beginning to happen. 

Look at Southampton. They had Mane, Van Dijk, Wanyama. They got lucky for a while signing decent players to replace the sold. Then they starting making dud signings like Carrillo, Boufal for 20mill plus.

Unless we increase our wage bill (which I hope we dont) we should even ourself out and find we consistently finish around 8th. Some seasons maybe 10th and some seasons 6th but generally with regards to wage bill that often dictates league position, especially at the top.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Along with certain sections of the fanbase there just doesn't seem to be much more ambition to achieve anything else. It's like we've hit our glass ceiling and there's nothing else to push for.

I'm not saying we've underachieved under Brendan as that's clearly not the case but it all just seems to be a bit nice and laid back.  I feel like a new manager with fresh ideas could really shake things up and get us back to being that tough to beat leaves that we all love 

.....we have not achieved in a linear way, top 4 would have allowed us to get the big player that we wanted!!!

The first time we missed out we could have moved up another level with the Champions League money we would have had. We have now effectively plateaued and we need something to revive the ambition and to keep moving forward.

I don't believe we are where Rodgers think we should be and is rueing dropping the Champions League money and the prestige that comes along with it. He seems to be finding it difficult to motivate his players, he needs them to buy into his plans just one more time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Brendan is an excellent coach right?

We have very good players that are massively under performing...

This is the BIG one for me.

There seems to be something happening in the background that I feel is being covered up and I can't put my finger on it.

I'm not sure what... 

I'm probably over reacting but I feel something hasn't been right for a while. 

Something is happening here, and you don't know what it is, do you, Mr Jones

20 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Something is happening here, and you don't know what it is, do you, Mr Jones

What's the connection to Rogers? The song is about a inept newspaper writer.

Edited by Smudge

I’m beginning to get bored of saying this word but the naivety of this team is a joke.

Right now there seems to be a lack of leadership from the manager and the players, Rodgers desperately needs to show some cojones and adapt a Plan B; however he just seems content with playing boring possession based football that’s getting us nowhere, it’s beginning to feel very Puel esque and that’s the biggest problem.

On the pitch we have been far too naive, we saw it at times last season, we’re seeing it again now this season, we have the ability to capitulate in an instant due to shitty individual errors, the naivety of our defence has been laughable so far this season; however that stems from a lack of leadership, when Evans is out, we have nobody who can step into that defence who is capable of organising a back line, Soyuncu and Vestergaard have proven they don’t have that ability. 

This just seems to have stemmed from last season, has continued into this season and is showing no signs of getting better. The reason we were still competing at the back end of last season, was because of Iheanacho’s contributions, yet Rodgers has gone back to benching him, if he doesn’t start Sunday then Rodgers is just going to piss more fans off.

Under Ranieri and Puel, there reached a point where you knew it was over, under Rodgers we haven’t reached that stage yet, but it feels like our next four games must be a turning point. Palace, Man Utd, Spartak and Brentford, a run of winnable but tricky fixtures, the kind of run that will tell us a lot about this manager and our group of players.

Teams above us atm such as Everton, West Ham, Villa, Brentford, when you watch those teams you can see what they want to implement, with Leicester at this moment in time it’s hard to see what we want to implement, it’s going through the motions style football, something desperately needs to change in these next four games.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Fairy snuff mate, just one of my favourite songs and I couldn't see the connection

It is a magnificent song. I don't think I'll ever get bored of the dreamlike lyrics. The fact he successfully shoe horned the phrase "tax deducible charity organisations" into a song is commendable.

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It is a magnificent song. I don't think I'll ever get bored of the dreamlike lyrics. The fact he successfully shoe horned the phrase "tax deducible charity organisations" into a song is commendable.

I'm always happy to have a listen to that. In the mean time, things don't look great, but I hope it all comes round soon. I'm feeling very dispirited about Brendan at the moment and I don't know why. He was the 5th best paid manager in the PL, so maybe when we finish there that's OK. But my Leicester expect that little bit extra.

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

We need a boost in the summer, some who would come in a give us a really lift. That little extra piece of quality.

Instead we have brought 5 players who don't improve the 11 ad have left the maanger confused on his starting 11.

Other then Lookman not one of them has had a real impact.

They maybe good long term signing, but we have spent 60m on players they don't get into our starting 11.

To be fair though, Daka hasn't been playing and Soumare has been asked to play differently compared to the team he excelled for previously. 

• Like 1

I think Brendan has developed an unhealthy obsession with us “controlling” the game and by that dominating possession. Rather than us playing with tempo and intensity we have reverted to a style where we continually recycle the ball by passing backwards or sideways rather than playing riskier forward passes. 

very rarely do we see early passes that break lines, instead we retain possession for long periods however with very little end product, this tweak in style has slowly but surely taken us away from being one of the most exciting and attractive teams to watch to a team that have become pedestrian and predictable in its play. 

As a consequence too many of our better players are struggling as they thrived on us playing with a high tempo and making use of the spaces created, now our play is so slow that they are getting squeezed out and becoming less and less effective examples include Youri, Barnes and Madders and others will follow. 

simple solution is increase the tempo and intensity and stop being so slow and laboured in possession and I have no doubt we will see a massive upturn in results and performance levels ……big question is whether Brendan has the bollocks to change his philosophy. 

• Like 4

Something is not right. It's not just individual errors. We are not playing well as a team. It looks like the players don't trust each other. And it also looks like they don't want it enough. We aren't talking about bad players here. There's some good professionals in that dressing room. So you begin to wonder...Are they motivated? Because they don't look it.The style and the tactics are painful to watch and has been for long time. We are NOT a possession team, and I wish we would STOP trying to be. All I want to see from LCFC is to be more direct and play quick, aggressive football with intent. I don't expect to win every game and the last two seasons with and FA Cup and two 5th place finishes have been a fairytale. Were underperforming right now. Brendan deserves time to turn things around and see the error of his ways. I really hope he does... And sooner rather than later. Because the heat is going to turn up soon otherwise.

When he came we played without any fear pressed and attacked with some intent now we sit back load the field with defensive players and try and pass it round while knocking a goal but 9 times out of 10 we are behind by half time. 

This stems from the manager so he needs to change it as it's clearly not working 

• Like 1

There are probably some players who blame Rodgers for the failure of missing out on the champions league, I would probably question my boss at work if we continued to fall at the last hurdle.  It was easier to lift the players after the first time, but after the failure for the second time, then some players would naturally lose faith!   We've all been there, when the boss is running on and switch off and think "I've heard it all before, change the record".   Maybe some managers have a sell by date, and it is Rodgers natural time to part ways, although I would prefer that he sorts it out, but whatever happens it is never uneventful at this club!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

There is no conspiracy. It’s the poor defence. This has been caused/exacerbated by the loss to injury of Wes and to a lesser degree, Jonny, also further hindered by Cags’s woeful form, which itself is hindered by Jonny’s injury situation.

Dont think we need to look for monsters under the bed, the defence issue has destroyed any confidence throughout the team.

Agree with this. Its so obvious as well. The ball playing ability of the back 3 last night was so slow and just stagnated any attacking threat we had.