Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Something doesn't make sense or seem right...

I just think we've been figured out somewhat and teams are sitting back which is incredibly hard to break through.

Without Madison, tielemans, Barnes, ndidi and Evans on form or available we're basically a mid to lower table team. A club like ours can't have like for like replacements for these kind of players but we're trying to develop them which takes time.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

There is something not quite right, but I think it’s as simple as some players are out of form and our 2 best defenders are out. (Arguably 3 if you include JJ)

ive been reading some other threads where people are slating soumare and even some having a go at KFH.

Maybe this iffy run is good for those that have been spoilt with the success we have had over the last few years, as people reaction are that of spoilt children when they don’t get their own way. 

We have been poor so far, but the defensive problems are affecting the whole team. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

conspiracy-theory.jpg

The sky is falling, the sky is falling...

It's 6 games in, and we are 2 wins (6 points) from the team in 2d place.

Yes, we have not been playing well. But that means that when/if we start to play better, the results would also more likely get better. Frankly, would be more worried if we were playing great and losing. 

Meanwhile, not a single player has complained or moaned about Brendan or anything else - not even Benkovich!

{6 games in and 2 wins from 2nd place } = 4 points from bottom 3. So we play 2 more games and get to 13 points and we are 2nd like nobody else is playing a game.

The truth is we look bang average, we played a team last night that would be mid table  championship at the best, lose Saturday and the shit hits the fan..

Said it before, and I'll keep saying it. Injuries happened, repeatedly. Eventually momentum got lost and with it form/confidence and rhythm. It's incredibly hard to get back, because fear sets in.

I'm neither into blaming or excusing anyone, and all your theories might be bang on, who knows? But that's how I feel about it.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The problem with having a thinker for a coach is that sometimes he ends up trying to look for cerebral answers to his problems when really they're just emotional. 

Last night the switch back to such a defensive shape was him trying to out think our defensive problems, out think a perceived counter attacking threat, out think the loss of Ndidi. 

What he ends up doing is over thinking a situation that wasn't there to begin with. The idea we weren't good enough to play them in an attacking shape because we lacked a couple of key players is absolutely ridiculous. 

Legia Warsaw are 5th from bottom in the Polish league. They just lost to Rakow, Slask, Wisla and Radom. Does Rodgers think Radom have defenders better than Soyuncu or Amartey? Do we believe they have midfielders better than Soumare or even Hamza? 

They're in a nothing league with bang average players and bang average clubs, what on earth was Rodgers scared of? Yesterday's problems were all just psychological, fear for fear's sakes. We needed to rock up there with the kind of arrogance Spurs showed against Mura. 

Not complacency, sure, but still enough self confidence and swagger to go and put that lot in their place. They didn't offer anything. They had no pace, no trickery, no cunning. They just sat there limp and let us play in front of them for an hour and a half. 

There's no great conspiracy or mystery that's going on at the club, we just have a manager with flaws. We're Leicester, we're not going to get a perfect coach to come and run the club just as we're not going to sign Haaland or Mbappe. We have to recruit the best we can, accepting that the strengths of our staff will probably be balanced out with weaknesses. Rodgers is a good manager who's got us two fifth place finishes and an FA Cup trophy, he's got a decent tactical brain most of the time and when everyone's confident he gets us playing nice football. 

But he's also an over thinker, prone to be arrogant and lack self awareness, prone to freeze up when he needs to make effective decisions to change a game and stubborn in his hesitance to accept something isn't working.

As frustrating as those flaws are, they're just something we're going to have to live with

Was with you till the last sentence. I think Brendan will already have plans to move on. Winning something this season is unlikely and the best we can hope for I reckon is around 6th or 7th. He will be looking to step up as he sees it while his stock is still high. If Spurs dump Nuno which I reckon they will once the rot sets in, Brendan will be off with the lights in his eyes. 

6 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Was with you till the last sentence. I think Brendan will already have plans to move on. Winning something this season is unlikely and the best we can hope for I reckon is around 6th or 7th. He will be looking to step up as he sees it while his stock is still high. If Spurs dump Nuno which I reckon they will once the rot sets in, Brendan will be off with the lights in his eyes. 

Whether it's by his own choice or not, I hope the moment BR moves is something that's already been succession planned for.  We're in that same awkward middle zone for managers as we are for players.  I would love to see Frank get serious consideration but I'm not sure if he'd even be interested. 

16 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I wasn't implying he'll be here forever, I was just saying that while he's here we're just going to have to take the bad with the good. That's life. 

I don't see him going to Tottenham, though. Or any other credible manager. 

Spurs won't be in a rush to sack Nuno, people can't have forgotten already that he was their eighth or whatever choice. Nobody wanted the job, including Rodgers. They're like half a billion in debt and imminently about to sell their best player to try and stay afloat. 

10 hours ago, foxfan92 said:

Thank goodness someone else has started another reactionary thread based on our recent poor performances!

I was beginning to worry there weren't enough of these threads being started on Foxestalk!

I think it shows the level of dissatisfaction. Everyone wants their voice heard rather than it being lost in one long thread.

It's a justified response IMO. We are not playing good football at the moment, for whatever reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Whilst I agree, I think the lights would have to be a bit brighter than any of the one's shining in North London. 

He's not a silly man, he'd only go to a club that's going to benefit his career in the hunt for a super club. He's struggling here at the moment even with reinforcements let alone risk a couple of clubs in disarray. 

His stock is probably depreciating by the minute at the moment anyway. Until he's seen to stop the rot, he'll be as unfancied as when he was sacked by Liverpool. The media may hype him up but club chairmen are the one's that invest the money and will see that we've got a number of astutely bought players on our books. It's a shame because he's got a lot of good points. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

We remind me of Del boy and Rodney when they made their millions. Yes the success and everything around the title win is amazing but its kind of like....OK what do we do now. That drive to get up and flog hooky gear has all of a sudden been taken away and everything is just nice. We don't seem to have that same plucky,  everyone working for each other mentality anymore

Sorry for tge dodgy analogy lol

Edited by foxfanazer

29 minutes ago, ftfagos said:

I really shouldn’t say this but McManaman’s analysis the other night was spot on. I don’t think we are capable of possession football and more to the point it’s something I don’t want to watch.

To be fair of all the scouse nobhead pundits he’s the least insufferable. Pretty sure I heard him crack a tinny open on the mic in the second half too, can’t say I blame him.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The problem with having a thinker for a coach is that sometimes he ends up trying to look for cerebral answers to his problems when really they're just emotional. 

Last night the switch back to such a defensive shape was him trying to out think our defensive problems, out think a perceived counter attacking threat, out think the loss of Ndidi. 

What he ends up doing is over thinking a situation that wasn't there to begin with. The idea we weren't good enough to play them in an attacking shape because we lacked a couple of key players is absolutely ridiculous. 

Legia Warsaw are 5th from bottom in the Polish league. They just lost to Rakow, Slask, Wisla and Radom. Does Rodgers think Radom have defenders better than Soyuncu or Amartey? Do we believe they have midfielders better than Soumare or even Hamza? 

They're in a nothing league with bang average players and bang average clubs, what on earth was Rodgers scared of? Yesterday's problems were all just psychological, fear for fear's sakes. We needed to rock up there with the kind of arrogance Spurs showed against Mura. 

Not complacency, sure, but still enough self confidence and swagger to go and put that lot in their place. They didn't offer anything. They had no pace, no trickery, no cunning. They just sat there limp and let us play in front of them for an hour and a half. 

There's no great conspiracy or mystery that's going on at the club, we just have a manager with flaws. We're Leicester, we're not going to get a perfect coach to come and run the club just as we're not going to sign Haaland or Mbappe. We have to recruit the best we can, accepting that the strengths of our staff will probably be balanced out with weaknesses. Rodgers is a good manager who's got us two fifth place finishes and an FA Cup trophy, he's got a decent tactical brain most of the time and when everyone's confident he gets us playing nice football. 

But he's also an over thinker, prone to be arrogant and lack self awareness, prone to freeze up when he needs to make effective decisions to change a game and stubborn in his hesitance to accept something isn't working.

As frustrating as those flaws are, they're just something we're going to have to live with. 

A pretty much spot on assessment of Rodgers. It's often his own hubris that loses games like this as he's obsessed with trying to get a tactical victory yet he doesn't accept when he's got it wrong and change it.

Worth saying that he's probably a world class coach (on the training ground), an excellent man manager and has strong beliefs on the way to play no matter the system but he's incredibly arrogant and prone to overdoing the tactical side of the game often resulting in messes like last night, and us in general right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This is an interesting concept. You can't create desire and hunger in paradise. It was the same in 16/17.

Marvin Hagler - “it’s hard to get up at 5am and run when you’re wearing silk pyjamas” 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ftfagos said:

I really shouldn’t say this but McManaman’s analysis the other night was spot on. I don’t think we are capable of possession football and more to the point it’s something I don’t want to watch.

He also said we are good from set pieces.

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

He also said we are good from set pieces.

Like a lot of pundits, he's not an expert on Leicester City. These people watch us when they've got to cover us, get glimpses of some of our games and usually have dated or skewed ideas about what we are.

We're still hearing "Leicester are dangerous from set pieces" from former pros who played against Walsh and Elliott, "Leicester play a counter attacking style" from pundits who've barely seen us since the title year, etc.

But Macca's actual analysis of what was going on in front of him was pretty much spot on on Thursday. He said a lot of things which may have been hard to hear but he was correct in all his assessments, we were lacklustre, poor, everything we tried wasn't working. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I think the players may be questioning his training regime and tactics. Injuries and favouritism in team selection linked to that. Also probably desperate to play more direct and frustrated with sideways high risk rubbish. 

I wonder the same thing.  What must some of the older heads be thinking, especially Kasper and Vardy.

If Vardy sees our defence passing the ball sidewards all the time how long can he keep making runs that never get picked up before he loses his patience.  I remember some of his goals from 2015-2016 when he just pointed and started to run into a space and the ball was delivered to him instantly, from short or far, and he was devastating with that sort of service.  The tactics being deployed now must frustrate the hell out of him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Spurs might go straight for potter, he is been linked.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This is an interesting concept. You can't create desire and hunger in paradise. It was the same in 16/17.

£hundred Mill well spent obviously , we have been rubbish since we moved in but all is forgiven with our F A Cup win , just hope we can avoid being drawn into a dogfight at the wrong end of the table.

10 hours ago, Sampson said:

Nacho was hands down our best player in the 2nd half of the season, pretty much single-handedly dragged us through - he was one of the most in-form players in Europe. He comes on in the 60th minute every game, plays alongside Vardy and they are always great together and he changes the game.

It's just utterly absurd we aren't starting Iheanacho, there's no even excuse that you have to change the system, because he comes and and plays alongside Vardy and makes us better every game. Vardy and Nacho are so good together, we should be picking them first and then working out how to get the other 9 players around them!

But he just won't start Iheanacho, I like Rodgers, but it's just baffling that he won't start him.

This is just proof that unless it is absolutely forced on him Brendan will not change his style or system. A lot of us have said for a long time he is stubborn and its proving correct.

• Like 1