Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Palace vs LCFC - Match Thread - 2pm (Sky Sports)

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Alan Sheehan dreams of the day he can put in a top quality performance and get an assist in an FA Cup final

True!! Very very true. 

I think Luke Thomas will be fine. Not all great player had pace. 

Just now, Sly said:

Yes, Ricardo hasn’t been great, so I fully understand him being dropped. He’s looked like the player that we first signed and not the player he became pre injury. 

It's a damn shame, really. We all know what he has been capable of in the past. Hopefully he can regain that form with time but meanwhile we're the worse for it.

I wonder if some of the discrepancy has to do with how we have been using him. Seems like he's starting farther forward than he used to, on average, and there's less overlap / free movement from the flanks going from the back and sliding up to the front and over the midfield.

Just now, Sly said:

True!! Very very true. 

I think Luke Thomas will be fine. Not all great player had pace. 

He has a great link up with Barnes down that left, I don't think he particularly needs pace when they play well together because their interplay can work so well

Just now, UPinCarolina said:

It's a damn shame, really. We all know what he has been capable of in the past. Hopefully he can regain that form with time but meanwhile we're the worse for it.

I wonder if some of the discrepancy has to do with how we have been using him. Seems like he's starting farther forward than he used to, on average, and there's less overlap / free movement from the flanks going from the back and sliding up to the front and over the midfield.

More difficult when we play a natural wide player. Ricardo has often been out of position, as he’s a good 10 meters in front of the rest of the back line. 

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Need a much more defensive minded player like Hamza in a 2 when playing against a midfield 3 I think

I wouldn't trust Hamza as far as I can throw him in a 2. Especially if we're going 4411 and on the front foot. 

He's got no positional sense, runs off all over the place and doesn't screen the back four. 

• Like 2

Hamza's the big question mark about this line-up clearly. He may not be much a passing genius or super tidy on the ball but if he can be the steel in midfield and play simple passes to Tielemans then that's fine with me.

We need someone in there to stand up to Milivojevic, let's hope Hamza's the guy.

It's super exciting to see Barnes, Lookman, Vardy and Iheanacho all starting anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

He has a great link up with Barnes down that left, I don't think he particularly needs pace when they play well together because their interplay can work so well

Yes, he improved Barnes game actually. 

It isn’t about getting the best 11 players on the pitch. It’s as much about getting players that compliment each other and work as a unit. 

No game time for Choudhury in the Europa League, against Milwall or Norwich/Wolves etc....

It's mental that some people said me questioning his rotation policy was wrong.

Rodgers costing us more injuries yet again, although I was told the increased injuries under Rodgers is purely 'coincidence'. 

Just now, ShadowKing said:

I am nervous Edouard will have a good game against us, and people will react with "why get Daka, when we could've gotten Edouard".

I think Daka has a higher ceiling in terms of potential. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I wouldn't trust Hamza as far as I can throw him in a 2. Especially if we're going 4411 and on the front foot. 

He's got no positional sense, runs off all over the place and doesn't screen the back four. 

Soumare isn't really any better when it comes to sitting in front of the back four and getting stuck in either and will push much higher up the pitch than Hamza would