Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Palace vs LCFC - Match Thread - 2pm (Sky Sports)

I'm going to sound stupid here but I don't think the formation has really worked. The first goal came from their cock up, second was good though. 

I think we need another body in midfield, Hamza is giving it away a lot too, he could do with replacing. 

• Like 3

I thought first 10 minutes we looked really good and on it, we then had 15/20 minutes of sloppy football that allowed them back into the game. 
Nacho scores and from that moment on we’ve bossed the game.

Lookman looking sharp, Castagne having a good game and Choudhury has had some good moments, I like the fact he’s getting stuck in. 
All in all decent half, let’s see it out now with a solid second half

• Like 1

I don't see this as luck.  Yeah, we were out of synch for a while but because the manager finally gave in and changed the system, we traded meaningless possession for intent and incisiveness.  We have more attempts and shots on target despite the possession stats, and because have two strikers who can finish we have two goals to show for it.  Not luck.

Also, he's allowing Kasper to hoof it long at least half the time.  Might not seem like much, but one of the biggest problems is how predictable and easy to play against we've been.  You don't have to do things the same way every time - mix it up a little.  And let your creative players be creative.

As for Lookman, he looks like the real deal.  Way better than I thought he was going to be playing on the right.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

He’s not brilliant on the ball. You’ll notice the likes of Youri don’t pass the ball to him in tight situations, so it limits the options they have. This ultimately means we end up losing the ball anyway. Albeit maybe not in situations as dangerous as Hamza would have. It’s these bits of play that cause Youri to get flack. He’ll look a different player when Maddison gets on the pitch.

Harassing, tacking, work rate, Hamza is class. That only gets you so far and you’ve got to question if he should have been retrained in a more defensive position as a youngster. 

Won't pass to Hamza, will pass to the ball boys. 

Bin juice call this

1 minute ago, Corky said:

No. We've not played well- passing poor, touches wayward, players well off the pace- but we've pressed at times, won the ball and benefitted from a bit of luck and then the quality up front.

But, you know, you need some fortune along the way.

Not surprising for a team and individuals low on confidence.

We look like like we have gone back to basics, head it when it been there to head, clear it if pressed. 

To be honest palace haven't been great, other then a strong 10 minutes.

Just now, MPH said:

Some of you are acting like we are 5-0 down or something…

Quite. Not sure what people were expecting. 

This is a really tough place to come and we're completely down on form and confidence. We obviously weren't going to turn up and walk over them. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I'm going to sound stupid here but I don't think the formation has really worked. The first goal came from their cock up, second was good though. 

I think we need another body in midfield, Hamza is giving it away a lot too, he could do with replacing. 

I think adding the extra body into Midfield would support Hamza. Most likely Barnes coming off to drop someone else in to support the midfield. 

• Like 1