Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Palace vs LCFC - Match Thread - 2pm (Sky Sports)

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I'm going to sound stupid here but I don't think the formation has really worked. The first goal came from their cock up, second was good though. 

I think we need another body in midfield, Hamza is giving it away a lot too, he could do with replacing. 

I think they will probably make the first change, given the score line. Probably best to wait and change to counter that if needed.

They need to come at us now so we need to stay compact but ready to break so switch Timmy with Bertrand (on a yellow also) going off for Ricardo and then Soumare for Hamza as better ball player, leave 1 sub for later incase KDH needed to sure up the middle

Weird first half. We were being bossed until the mistake. Clinical finishing from two top strikers. Don’t sit back now. We don’t have the quality to do that. 2-0 after being outplayed, I’ll take it. We’ve had plenty of games under Brendan where we’ve dominated the ball and the other team have gone up and scored.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Quite. Not sure what people were expecting. 

This is a really tough place to come and we're completely down on form and confidence. We obviously weren't going to turn up and walk over them. 

No game in the Premier League is going to be easy. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Not surprising for a team and individuals low on confidence.

We look like like we have gone back to basics, head it when it been there to head, clear it if pressed. 

To be honest palace haven't been great, other then a strong 10 minutes.

I thought that about Palace too - but according to Andy Hinchliffe they've been top quality, so you and I must be wrong...😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm going to sound stupid here but I don't think the formation has really worked. The first goal came from their cock up, second was good though. 

I think we need another body in midfield, Hamza is giving it away a lot too, he could do with replacing. 

It has definitely worked we are two up it helps playing certain players though instead of being ultra defensive and create nothing 

At times I read these match thread comments and wonder if we are watching the same game. I know it has been hit and miss but I think the criticism lays at the feet of Youri and our centre backs. Hamza is getting about and really trying to put a shift in on his first appearance in Gor knows how long and Lookman is doing much more than just trying. Castagne is regularly presenting himself as an out for the defence and for Kaspar. Still it is all subjective. 

• Like 2

Hamza has done a good job today positionally and pressing wise. He’s very uncomfortable on the ball which is a shame for him. He needs to go for broke and try and be more positive in his play. If he messes up so what because he hardly gets a look in anyway so just go for it and you never know you might just find out this is your level!!

Could be worse...we could be as bad as the womens  team. Just lloked on the BBC website and the stats make horrendous viewing. Losing 0-1 to the spuds.

Possession
Home37%
Away63%
Shots
Home1
Away12
Shots on Target
Home0
Away5
Corners
Home0
Away9
Fouls
Home7
Away3
Edited by sishades

5 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

4-4-****ing-2 pure Brexit gammon ball and we’re winning, eat your heart out

Getting two up top seems good news for our conversion rates. But it felt to me like we are winning despite the formation, rather than because of it. We seem very easy to ‘get at’ and light in the middle.