Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Ricardo

6 hours ago, jaqo88 said:

Konchesky in our first promoted season was worse, our standards have risen since then

Konch > Bertrand. We had a back 5 of Wasalaki Upson Morgan Simpson and Konch. Slow as possibly could be!

When we got Huth in and brought a new system , konch was alright and better than Bertrand.

We have a lot better team not yet he still looks utterly useless, no pace and couldn’t deal with anything yesterday. Castange had to deal with Zaha and did a lot better job despite a much more talented player.

I don’t understand why Ricardo and Castange arnt the full backs 100% of the time until JJ is back. Bertrand , like Vestergard are the worst signings we’ve made in a long long time.

• Like 1

Let’s not over react, apart from his poor marking at the back post against Burnley, Ricky P has been in very good form this season! Got a couple of assists (Wolves & Norwich) and played a big part in our goal vs Brighton. He’s been very good at what he’s good at …. Going forward.

I genuinely think the main issue with our team is that we’ve got 3 or 4 players every single game performing at a 2/10 (literally!), we can’t afford to have so many players off the boil, you simply won’t win games. 

• Like 1

Seeing Bertrand play as he is and knowing Castagne can move to the other flank while you get hooked at half time probably goes some way to explain why we appear to have issues in the squad.

I’d be livid and knocking on the managers door, if he has done that and not been given answers then it’s a problem.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Seeing Bertrand play as he is and knowing Castagne can move to the other flank while you get hooked at half time probably goes some way to explain why we appear to have issues in the squad.

I’d be livid and knocking on the managers door, if he has done that and not been given answers then it’s a problem.

Pretty sure one of the reasons Castagne left Atalanta was because he didn’t want to play on the left all the time, probably not quite as easy to just play him there like we may want

I don’t think the club expected Ricardo to still be here to be honest, I think the signing of Castagne was succession planning for Ricardo leaving but his injury has meant he has stayed here longer - may be gone next summer if he doesn’t sign a new contract as well

Edited by moore_94

Just now, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure one of the reasons Castagne left Atalanta was because he didn’t want to play on the left all the time, probably not quite as easy to just play him there like we want

I don’t think the club expected Ricardo to still be here to be honest, I think the signing of Castagne was succession planning for Ricardo leaving but his injury has meant he has stayed here longer - may be gone next summer if he doesn’t sign a new contract as well

That was one of the reasons and not getting on that well with Gasperini was another but Gosens and Hateboer were brilliant when he was there so he was as pretty unfortunate.

Agree re the club expected Ricky P to move on but I guess I was making more of a general point with a specific example that Rodgers clearly has his favourites and that won’t go down well with some of the performances we are seeing from

them.

On 03/10/2021 at 10:44, StanSP said:

Don't we always say 'play players in their best positions' and now some want to play a natural RB at LB?? 

Then when that goes wrong you'll get loads of fans asking why we've not played a LB at LB lol

On 03/10/2021 at 10:48, martyn said:

Castagne is our best left back currently, though that's not saying much. 

23 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Timmy has made it clear to the powers that be that he don't want to play LB. 

Seems they want to keep him happy and keep him here so for now RB is his.

He had Exactly the same issue he had at Atalanta the main reason he ultimately left.

Castagne at LB is not some sort of desperate or emergency concept.

If I recall the discussions, it was near UNANIMOUS when he was first linked with us that it would be to play primarily at LB.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure one of the reasons Castagne left Atalanta was because he didn’t want to play on the left all the time, probably not quite as easy to just play him there like we may want

Pretty sure it was because of his reportedly difficult relationship with manager Piero Gasperini.

Timmy doesn’t seem to have much of an issue regularly playing LB for Belgium at international level.

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Pretty sure it was because of his reportedly difficult relationship with manager Piero Gasperini.

Timmy doesn’t seem to have much of an issue regularly playing LB for Belgium at international level.

I don't think Gasperini was the only reason he wanted to leave Atalanta as I am sure I remember seeing something about him wanting more time on the right, and he has only played on the left for Belgium in 3 of his 17 caps so far

Edited by moore_94

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not really, many a player has returned from a cruciate ligament injury and never been the same player. Hopefully that's not the case here though and his form picks up again.

Looked pretty much “the same player” in his early season form - until he was yanked during the Burnley game. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Castagne at LB is not some sort of desperate or emergency concept.

If I recall the discussions, it was near UNANIMOUS when he was first linked with us that it would be to play primarily at LB.

I was on about Ricardo. I'm happy with Ricardo at RB and Castagne at LB. 

Not happy with Ricardo being shifted out to LB 

:)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don't think Gasperini was the only reason he wanted to leave Atalanta as I am sure I remember seeing something about him wanting more time on the right, and he has only played on the left for Belgium in 3 of his 17 caps so far

We signed Castagne when we were in the market for a LB (having reportedly also considered Tagliafico, Alex Telles, and Tsimikas, among other LBs), as Chilwell was about set to leave. Doubtful that would have been the case if Timmy was unhappy or reluctant to play LB.

Edited by NaijaFox

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Nobody really at the time, we already had him in JJ, but I think we all thought it was going to be Castagne when we didn’t sign an out and out left back that window. 

It was Castagne. Even with JJ on our books (and frankly no one foresaw how good JJ would become so fast), we reportedly considered several LBs (Tagliafigo, Telles, Tsimikas, etc.), and ended up signing Timmy. 

8 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

It was Castagne. Even with JJ on our books (and frankly no one foresaw how good JJ would become so fast), we reportedly considered several LBs (Tagliafigo, Telles, Tsimikas, etc.), and ended up signing Timmy. 

Don’t forget since signing Timmy we have still been linked with Gosens and then signed Bertrand, which suggests to me we now don’t see him as an option for starting at left back, even if he was previously

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

I don’t know why Rodgers doesn’t consider playing Ricardo in a more advanced wide attacking role because he’s great going forward.

He is much better when attacking from deep behind a winger, over/under lapping and having space to get up to full speed, take a look at his assists against Wolves and Norwich this season so far

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not really, many a player has returned from a cruciate ligament injury and never been the same player. Hopefully that's not the case here though and his form picks up again.

Would normally agree but one of the tell tale signs of a knackered ACL is the loss of explosive power. Looked lacking last season but has looked back to his old self this season in terms of physicality so don't think that's the issue. Admittedly he was caught out of position a couple of times against Burnley but it feels like BR has chucked him under the bus for a very uncharacteristic mistake. Deserves better than that given his service to the club, especially seeing as last seasons party animal's received a lesser punishment for their shenanigans ahead of a very important game. 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I've always said having a good squad is like having a good meal. Personally I'm not a great chef, but the greatest managers are like great chefs. They use great ingredients- timmy and Ricardo are great ingredients, they just need crafting together to make a great meal.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

I've always said having a good squad is like having a good meal. Personally I'm not a great chef, but the greatest managers are like great chefs. They use great ingredients- timmy and Ricardo are great ingredients, they just need crafting together to make a great meal.

You're another sentence from becoming Eric Cantona I reckon :P 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Calm down Forest Gump.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Calm down Forest Gump.

Being a football manager is like being a pilot whilst building the plane  its very very difficult.

16 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Was among the top 3 tacklers in the EPL before his injury.

Between his signing and his injury, NO player (not even Ndidi) made more tackles.

Wasnt a serious question but thanks for the answer.  Didnt know he made that many tackles.

BR seems to be unhappy if we have an attacking spell, and Ricardo is one of our few players capable of putting forward pressure on the opposing team.

Edited by Chrysalis
usual typos
  • Like 1