Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Failure to clear our lines

14 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

I mean, we’ve bought 2 of Southampton’s back 4. And we’re now leaking goals. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist. 

How about the manager , starts playing Ricardo and castgane I know Tim wants to play right side but there are best two fullbacks 

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

How about the manager , starts playing Ricardo and castgane I know Tim wants to play right side but there are best two fullbacks 

I agree.
My back line (based on current form and availability) from left to right is:

Castagne, Soyuncu, Amartey, Ricardo

Kasper

We seem so slow at the back and lack any aggression at all. 

Soyuncu looks a panic all the time now. Vestegaard is running through treacle constantly, Bertrand not much quicker either. The aimless balls away just invite pressure, we just seen to hit and hope it along the line or through the middle. It goes to a opposition player and the attack starts again. Our transitional play has disappeared. 

Every time a ball comes into the box we're so standoffish and panicking it's ridiculous

22 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Not really the reason though. We played very deep when we won the league, didn’t stop us getting balls into the channel and opposition defences turned.

Today wasn’t far off the 2016 shape yet we had almost nothing in behind all game. Passing accuracy was about back to then too, difference being then we were losing the ball higher up and soon back in shape, not 40 yards from our own box and scrambling to get back into position.

We defended deep, but when we won it back we were efficient with the ball, moving forward quickly with a purpose, its not comparable.

Now when we have the ball we sit deep with it.

Edited by Chrysalis

Guest Chocolate Teapot

It's very clear to me what Rodgers is trying to achieve. When you've got the ball 65-70% of the time it's football death for the other team, its not quite there yet, but that's where we'll get to. It's death by football. You just suck the life out of them.

On 03/10/2021 at 13:00, Webbo said:

So is it better to kick it out of play and definitely give it to the opposition? 

In many cases yes. The idea is that you can get organized and recover your shape. 

when Leicester get a throw-in do you ever get to the edge of your seat? When Leicester get the ball kicked to them 30 yards from goal do you? Absolutely! 

The point the OP is making is we aren’t doing the basics and he’s 100% right 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's very clear to me what Rodgers is trying to achieve. When you've got the ball 65-70% of the time it's football death for the other team, its not quite there yet, but that's where we'll get to. It's death by football. You just suck the life out of them.

We are the team that we used to love playing. Let them have it, we'll handle anything they throw at us and when they least expect it we will catch them on the break. 

We've turned into the team Kante, Mahrez and Vardy used to beg for us to play. 

One of our biggest culprits for this is Kasper. He seems like he is the only person who is confident in his passing ability and often over estimates the passing & controlling ability of our defenders thus putting them in unnecessary danger.

None of our CB's are brilliant on the ball, even Fofana was prone to complacency on the ball. We need to play to our strengths, and at the minute, intricate passing along the back line is not that - It's just inviting pressure.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The trouble is, unless it’s purposeful play. It’s killing the crowds enjoyment. 

Let’s not sugar coat it, we’ve got defenders who seem incapable of clearing their lines, it’s incredible. Whether it’s Cags delicately chipping a ball directly into one of their CM’s chest to drive onto our back line or whether it’s Vesty who literally can’t head a ball. Seriously, watch him in the warm ups if you get down early enough, most the time it comes off the top of his forehead and loops in the air, no distance! Palace’s equaliser epitomised his lack of ability, get a leaning back head to the original cross that loops up dangerously to the back post and then makes a hash of the 2nd clearance that just goes straight onto Schlupp’s head!!!

He’s had moments like that in most games. Wolves at home, there was a 50/50 with Traore, ball had bounced up in the air, you’re expecting 9’7 big massive Vesty to clear it all up out for a throw man n all … somehow lacked conviction going through the challenge, bounced off Traore who then jumps up and proceeds to run in one-on-one with Kasper (luckily can’t finish or pick a final pass to save his life).  

23 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I mean, even Brendan is moaning about our defending post match, so he knows…. So basically what he’s saying is we are absolutely shit at it, and he’s ****ed it signing HMS Vestergaard and that useless bag of shit Bertrand. 

Just try Benkovic, he can’t be any worse than Vesty, planets move faster than that ****. 

Planets move faster than most players tbf

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Unfortunately, it sucks the life out of the fans, too. :angry:

• 4 months later...

Anyone agree that this is still a major issue thats not been addressed? The number of times we play ourselves into trouble i lose count!!! The only player who does clear his lines is Schmeichel and often when under no pressure....we're often like rabbit caught in headlights at the back and instead of clearing it tippy tappy about and give it to the opposition.....its actually winding me up the number of times I see it happen

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Anyone agree that this is still a major issue thats not been addressed? The number of times we play ourselves into trouble i lose count!!! The only player who does clear his lines is Schmeichel and often when under no pressure....we're often like rabbit caught in headlights at the back and instead of clearing it tippy tappy about and give it to the opposition.....its actually winding me up the number of times I see it happen

Our headed clearances, even when under no pressure are like a throw back to the 70s where you just headed it is far as you could rather than trying to find one of your players to direct it too. 

29 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

We don’t often concede without having had a chance to clear the ball - it’s astonishing how poor we are at getting contact with the ball and not actually playing it somewhere ‘safe’ 

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Our headed clearances, even when under no pressure are like a throw back to the 70s where you just headed it is far as you could rather than trying to find one of your players to direct it too. 

We aren't even good at that. Most loop up in the air and or back to the opposition. 

• Like 1

On 04/10/2021 at 23:34, Torten said:

Planets move faster than most players tbf

In your attempt at myrth ...you have hit more on the truth..

PlanetOrbital velocity

Mercury47.9 km/s

Venus35.0 km/s

Earth29.8 km/s

Mars24.1 km/s

Jupiter13.1 km/s

Saturn9.7 km/s

Uranus6.8 km/s

Neptune5.4 km/s

I suppose Vestergaard is a Good Relation to Neptune, !!

Usain Bolt runs at ca 45kmh with intent and no ball

So I  reckon the average Speed of an Footballer in a game would average in Bursts ( Not the fastest) 25-30 kmh

The fastest ca. 32-35km

On 04/10/2021 at 18:38, Chocolate Teapot said:

And the fans watching. :unsure: 

Oops, sorry, already made that comment.

As it happens, I watched much of Man C v Everton yesterday and found Man City's total possession extremely boring to watch.  Turgid stuff.

Edited by deep blue
Clarification